Sponsored by:

Bloody Hit and Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2009, 10:09 PM
zayd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody Hit and Run!!!

It seems these are happening much more often of late.

I was travelling east along the A13 when a Fraud Transit Minibus on a 'P' plate decided to join my lane without looking or signalling. Bang it goes, straight into my near side rear. Then it slows down to about 20mph in an attempt to evade me. I slowed down after the flyover and got back behind, finally getting a look at the driver and it was a woman. There were about four other passengers in there. I tried to get her to stop but she wasn't having any of it. Rather, she just carried on weaving in and out of lanes without any signalling whatsover.

All I could do was go to my local nick and make a report of a 'RTC Fail to Stop'. Been to my usual bodyshop and I'll be £300 lighter to have a dented wing, scraped door and rear bumper put right. The insurance legal eagles are pursuing a claim against her insurance, if it turns out that she has any.

The morale of this story is; Why the hell don't people look at their blind spot before changing lanes.
Old 29 August 2009, 10:21 PM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that Zay.
Old 29 August 2009, 10:32 PM
r1c
Scooby Regular

I feel for you mate I had a close on a few weeks ago following my mate to Manchester on the M6 some idiot forced himself between us nearly got my nearside. When I got next to him all he did was laugh! Then disappeared! Almost caused a massive pile up- Really Clever Really funny!!!!
Old 29 August 2009, 10:32 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

this world is full of em!! hope you get it sorted mate! also pm sent
Old 30 August 2009, 01:12 AM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate, but why would you not follow her, surely she would have had to make a stop eventually.
Old 30 August 2009, 07:02 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had something similar a few years ago. I was driving on the M1 when a 'woman' caused an accident with me. I followed 'her' but she wouldn't stop - reported it to the poilce and 'her' insurance confirmed that it was a Mr Barron - i.e. the w*nker was in drag and didn't want to stop - anyway I eventually got my money back for the damage.

FYI there is a pot of money held by insurance companies for accidents caused by uninsured drivers, so hopefully you'll get it sorted without any cost to you.
Old 30 August 2009, 09:43 AM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

Because the vast majority of drivers in this country cannot drive for ****. I use a bike to and from work as I work in Chatham, Kent and live in Cambridge.
Due to showers, nothing else just showers of rain on the M11 this Fri the traffic nearly hit a standstill as some numptys further up the line hit their brakes due to a shower?????
WTF, they have better visability, wipers, four bloody wheels and the tarmac and hit their brakes????? Fannies spring to mind, but I know that is not it.
Our drivers lack commen sense, and are visually unaware of their surroundings, how do we change this????
We all should have .50 fitted to our vehicles, that are armed on the motorways only and let carnage rain
But thats not going to happen so we should be looking at education. Which will also never happen, face it were screwed.

Last edited by Paddi70; 30 August 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 30 August 2009, 11:01 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we should fit 12inch long spikes to all steering wheels.. people would drive with consideration then.

Simon