Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just seen a hit and run! very intresting story..

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2009, 10:07 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just seen a hit and run! very intresting story..

i dont think i could have been more even if i tried!

Basicly, me and my friend where getting some food from down the road, we finished up eating and where generally talking outside the shop before we left each other to head off home, so i was talking to my mate and all of a sudden i hear a loud bang noise so i look over the road and this womens just rear ended a parked car she reverses back and she stopped the car. And then she looks over at us noticing that we have just witnessed her hitting the car, so she gets out and looks at the damage, the rear of the car was damaged quiet badly and she has the nerve to look at me and my mate and ask us if she did that damage! i thought she was acting abit weird, so i got my mobile out and took down her numberplate.. she then started looking around as there was a que behind her car as she was parked in the middel of the road, and she says to us that she is going to park her car up.. there was a parking space infront of the car she hit, so we thought, she was going to be decent and admit to the owner shes hit his car.. but boy where we wrong. She started to break where she said she was going to 'park up' but i see her break lights coming off and she drives ahead as fast as she can i was shocked, mainly because she was a 40year old 'mature' women..

so again, we were just shocked what she had done. But i thought to myself, if that was my pride and joy that she had just hit i would want somebody coming forward and helping me find the person who hit it, so my mate said he had to go but i thought im not letting this one slide..

Luckely i took down her numberplate before she 'legged it' so i thought I'm going to do the decent thing and wait for the owner to come back.

So i waited ruffely around 30mins near the car, and the owners came back and they spotted the damage straight off, so i went up to them and told them the story off what had just happend, they looked devastated, but there faces seemed alot happier when i told them i took down her numberplate and even offered that i would be a witness and help in any way i could. so they where thanking me etc..

i feel good now, knowing i did the right thing by waiting and telling them what had actually happend and giving them the womens number plate.

Don't you just hate stupid careless B*sterds, who don't give a S*it about anyone else's car!

The worst part i think was her dishonesty! i can't believe she just ran off.

I'm glad i left my car at home, otherwise i could have been my car she smashed up!

So beware my fellow scooby owners! if these ***** hit your car, its most likley there going to run off without a care in the world

- Rant over..
Old 15 July 2009, 10:13 PM
zeuss
Scooby Regular

well done not a lot of people get involved i hope that someone would do that for me if mine was ever involved in a hit and run
Old 15 July 2009, 10:14 PM
C8XY
Scooby Regular

top man
Old 15 July 2009, 10:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Similar thing happened to me just last week.

Was helping a relative lay some flooring and I had parked my little 205 on the road partially up a kerb so not in the way. A few hours later I left to pick the Mrs up from work and noticed some **** had driven into my drivers door. Had totally killed the wing mirror, and dented the door beyond repair. Luckily it still opens and shuts properly and I did find a replacement door and mirror for £40 the next day.

But the thing that got me was there was no mess on the road, so whoever had done it had left literally 2 small pieces of their headlight and cleared the rest up.

Was ******* seething considering I was doing a favour for someone and I'm unemployed at the minute Nice area too.
Old 15 July 2009, 10:27 PM
classic scooby
Scooby Regular

Well done to you matejust shows there are still some bloody decent people out there.

personally i would report it to the police aswel as you did witness an accident and i would think they would take a statement from you.

Well done again

Regards

Nick
Old 15 July 2009, 10:28 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

good lad.
Old 15 July 2009, 10:36 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

well done mate, i hate people like that total **** bags
Old 15 July 2009, 10:39 PM
importednights
Scooby Regular

well done mate
Old 15 July 2009, 10:53 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

nice one matey
Old 15 July 2009, 11:08 PM
carlos123lane
Scooby Regular

Good on you mate nice to see there are some decent honest people around still!!!
Old 15 July 2009, 11:26 PM
Combat
Scooby Regular

It restores your faith in people hearing about honest, helpful folk such as yourself!

So many people today would have turned a blind eye to such goings on, it's nice to know not everyone's like that though
Old 15 July 2009, 11:29 PM
cube320
Scooby Regular

Good on you mate. Some one hit my friends car and drove and no one was there when he returned so he had to claim on his own insurance.

Also i lent my car to my mum so she can go to work. She works in a small care home for the elderly, she parked it in there car park and some to*ser keyed the whole passanger side of my car. I just carnt understand why people do these kinds of things.
Old 15 July 2009, 11:36 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys lets hope theres most decent people other than us who car about others belongings!

Sorry to hear these storys there's loads of Tos*ers around these days, i dont understand why they do stuff like key peoples cars, for no reason at all. i personaly would never do such a thing, even if i had a problem with a person, i would never damage there car.. i would sort it out with the person. Theres just no need for it.

But doing a hit and run and being dishonest, well that just takes the ******* biscuit me thinks.
Old 16 July 2009, 06:42 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well done mate but I bet you the police and insurance dont care..
Old 16 July 2009, 01:59 PM
Antony@indigo-gt
Former Sponsor

Nothing worse than coming back to a damaged car, good man
Old 16 July 2009, 02:39 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good on you mate, i wish there was more decent people around like you top bloke
Old 16 July 2009, 03:05 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

agreed
Old 16 July 2009, 03:26 PM
hannogo
Scooby Regular

You just want to be there when the plod turn up on her doorstep."Had an accident?"Who,Me Officer,Idont think so"Oh yes Madam and you drove off,did you know thats an offence????2 ****
Old 16 July 2009, 06:47 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Restores your faith in people ! Nice one mate !!
Old 16 July 2009, 07:45 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, lets just hope people would look out for us if they where in the same situation. It makes me when people don't lend a helping hand in situations like these.

Like i said, I'm glad i left my car at home, i could have been parked there and it could have been me that she smashed into!

But hey, it makes us extra cautious of our pride and joys.
Old 16 July 2009, 07:54 PM
Digla-STI
Scooby Newbie

Nice
Old 16 July 2009, 09:16 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

top man.
Old 16 July 2009, 09:26 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Well done mate but I bet you the police and insurance dont care..

Why be so negative? If the poster had thought that way he may not have been so public spirited and provided the of the damaged car with the offending vehicles details.

To Subaru-impreza-2000 good on ya. You will be rewarded in heaven
Old 16 July 2009, 11:34 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

The number of vehicles damaged whilst parked/stationary nowadays surely proves how incompetent a large proportion of drivers are. Back in the day, zzzzzzzzzzzzz, this kind of thing was uncommon but today it seems to be indiscriminate (supermarket carparks being a common location). And virtually every time the culprit just drives off (been a victim of this myself). For me this kind of thing would almost certainly stop me buying any decent (read £20000+) car because the stress would be intolerable.
Kevin
Old 17 July 2009, 03:41 PM
GONZO
Scooby Regular

Unhappy My hit and run story .....

Hi,
Well done mate - had a similar, but different story a few years back ......

Was picking up my son and girlfriend from Bournemouth around midnight and making my way back along the first section of Christchurch By-pass (40 mph limit). On approaching the main roundabout (about 250yrds dia), saw a pair of lights approaching said roundabout from opposite direction. I was driving a MY94 WRX.

On entering the roundabout, it was obvious that the car in question was going at a hell of a rate, and as I proceeded round my side, I was keeping an eye on whether the car actually stayed on the roundabout, or took to the countryside.

Stage 1 - rather impressed by the speed and control of the driver as he kept it on the tarmac, round past the first exit.

Stage 2 - disbelief as he went past the second exit and continued round to third exit at unbelievable speed.

Stage 3 - panic, as I realised he was missing exit three and doing the whole loop - he was attempting to take the final (and my intended) exit. I had already started to accelerate really hard and had hit 70 mph at my exit to avoid a collision from behind.

Stage 4 - terror as he missed me on my offside by inches and went past me as though I was going backwards, taking the offside lane of the dual carriageway and disappearing into the distance in no time. The performance of this thing (grip, performance and driver ability) was jaw dropping.

Driver ability to keep it on the tarmac I may add, not general driving ability which brings me to the next part of this story.

The remaining dual carriageway is maybe a mile long with 70mph limit, ending with a lazy right hander into another roundabout a further 300yrds further along. On entering the bend, I noticed two solid skid marks, which continued all the way to the roundabout junction - no sign of 'Schuey' but a rear ended hatchback up on the roundabout with a very shaken teenage girl driver, her father in the passenger seat with a head wound and another teenage girl in the back in a hell of a state - the car stereo had ended up against the windscreen to give you an idea of the impact.

What do you reckon the car was that did this then. A brand new Porker turbo, the latest version of the 911 (not a porker expert). Gave details as a witness to police, explaining no no plate, but gave a discription of car colour & driving style and plod duly turned up several weeks later to inform me that they caught the guy - copper was a porker enthusiast, and went back to the scene in the early hours to find enough of the broken number plate to identify only two possible porkers - one was in Scotland !

Guy denied, than pleaded guilty, and paid for a replacement car for the girl.

Not just chavs and women who can do this hit and run thing. Personally, I do not think the owner was the driver that night, but at least the girl got another car - could have been very much worse though.

Mart.
Old 17 July 2009, 05:34 PM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

She was probably pi**ed, you did the right thing.

I was sat in my old Cavalier in My old works car park when a Woman from the prior shift dragged Her car along My towbar, I could feel the poor old Cav rocking about as She did it!

As She went to drive off, I jumped out and stopped Her.. Had to laugh as She had put a nice crease along the side of Her wreck and just scratched the plastic cover on the Ball Hitch!

RESULT!
Old 17 July 2009, 07:11 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

well done mate,you done the right thing.as said prob pi55ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17 July 2009, 08:30 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Hmm, i don't know. She seemed fine to me tbh. Let's just hope she gets whats coming to her! people like her shouldnt be on the road!
Old 17 July 2009, 08:32 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

GONZO - sorry to hear that mate, sounds bad. But you did the right thing by being a witness for them. Good fella

And good to see they got a replacement car paid by him too
Old 18 July 2009, 07:42 AM
ahar
Scooby Regular

Had a similar thing happen to me. On a scuba diving trip to the Orkneys and was sat in the minibus in a car park waiting for the others on our trip to come back from the shops. Just me and another guy in the van sitting in the back when suddenly there was a bang and the van rocked.

Got out and there was a green car trying to park in the space next to us and had banged into the van. Got out to speak to the driver and he (old guy, maybe 65-70) denied everything! There was a ruddy great scrape of green paint (his car was green) on the van's bumper and a corresponding missing patch of paint on his car yet he and his wife kept denying it was them!

They had the cheek to walk off ! Luckily we followed them into the local shops and after about 15 mins they finally gave their details. No damage to the van as the paint just rubbed off the bumper but I just couldn't believe their attitude