ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

devils own water injection

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2009, 11:18 PM
danny-goddard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default devils own water injection

aup---im thinking about running a devils own water injecton kit on my classic. ive had it mapped and its running 1.5bar boost which makes 330bhp/301ft im very happy with the power, ive fitted a intercooler water spray to my front mount for hot days but i just wish it would pull like it does on a cold damp day all the time, thats why im swinging to the water injecton kit to make the air more dence and giving me a little more grunt (or peace of mind from the dreaded det) can any one tell me if i would need it mapping again once this is fitted? and if so once mapped would i need to use it all the time? many thanks on this one

Last edited by danny-goddard; 18 July 2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: dont want meth just water
Old 17 July 2009, 11:24 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an aquamist 50/50 water meth system fitted on my bugeye and re-mapped..........and then broke the geabox !!!

yes it does need a remap LOL

Shain
Old 18 July 2009, 10:26 AM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danny-goddard
aup---im thinking about running a devils own water injecton kit on my classic. ive had it mapped and its running 1.5bar boost which makes 330bhp/301ft im very happy with the power, ive fitted a intercooler water spray to my front mount for hot days but i just wish it would pull like it does on a cold damp day all the time, thats why im swinging to the water injecton kit to make the air more dence and giving me a little more grunt (or peace of mind from the dreaded det) can any one tell me if i would need it mapping again once this is fitted? and if so once mapped would i need to use it all the time? many thanks on this one
you will still get a fall off on power on a hot day though, albeit further up the scale