A ride for a drive?

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2009, 12:48 AM
PAPPACLART
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A ride for a drive?

Hello Guys

I would really love to experience spirited passenger ride in a Scooby. I once was passenger in a standard WRX 2.5 STI when a friend took one for a test drive when he was in the market for a car though he could hardly put his foot down. I have a passion for all things fast, bikes and cars but have not really experienced a fast car properly and the most of my friends are riders.

I was planning to do my car test as my girlfriend keeps bugging me, then that got me thinking of getting a fast (ish)car though being made redundent just before Christmas put and end to that. Thankfully I have a job now, though it is an awfull one paying far less than I am use too!

Anyway, in return I can offer a Pillion ride on the back of my Motorbike. It is not the fastest thing outthere and certainly way off the latest bikes but should give any of you car drivers who have never experienced a powerfull bike a taste of what it is like.

I am a competent rider, have been riding for 9 years, some courier work and can shift on a bike. If you are scared, I can supply kit/lid and will only ride as fast as you want me to or feel comfortable. I will allow you to accustom yourself with being pillion etc, and slowly build the speed up but we can talk about that.

I love Impreza's just that if I saved I could probably afford an older model, as for insurance well forget it, 27, no car licence and live in London..I think they would rape me! lol

I am based in London and am a regular visitor to the ACE cafe.

My bike is a 97 TL1000S
999cc 90 degree V2
125bhp @10200rpm (Measured)
76ft/lb @8000rpm (Measured)
187kg Dry

(sounds like a spitfire)

0-60mph - 2.90
0-100mph - 6.00
0-130mph - 11.00
0-150mph - 17.00
SS/QM 10.70@128mph
SS/KM 19.80@155mph
Top speed 165mph

Bike is currently off of the road, just had the rear shock serviced, and I am replacing the exhaust after an off at 60mph in the snow. Bike will be ready in a couple of weeks so if anybody is game let me know.

Some of the bike.

PS (the rear hump comes off and can be swapped with a pillion seat)

Last edited by PAPPACLART; 30 April 2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 30 April 2009, 01:15 AM
ze4s
Scooby Regular

Doubt your gonna get any offers pal, people are weary of getting jacked.

Seen quite a few of these types of posts cropping up over the various car forums recently
Old 30 April 2009, 01:21 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

the tl1000s nicknamed the widowmaker lol......ill give it a miss
Old 30 April 2009, 01:34 AM
PAPPACLART
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ze4s
Doubt your gonna get any offers pal, people are weary of getting jacked.

Seen quite a few of these types of posts cropping up over the various car forums recently
Jeez, is that what they stoop to now! It's sad that because of a few bad people, you guys would be weary of a newbie like me with 2 post and a genuine offer.

Over at TLzone.net, we had a guy - forum name was Wobblebox, he created these stories of being a scam baiter, and often helped other victims of forum scams. Everyone was in awe of him though I suspected him as a fraud and it turned out that he was.

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
the tl1000s nicknamed the widowmaker lol......ill give it a miss

Hehe

TL's are not so bad, I have Ohlins rear shock in mine, and on a previous set of forks had Ohlins internals, but I had to replace them as the seals would not stop leaking after replacing everything. Turned out that they were bent slightly so I gave them to a friend. The Bike still likes to shake it's head, and in the past has had me out of the seat more than I would like. It is a great bike though, of which I would recommend to anyone though not a beginner. Mine is on 50000 miles now and going strong.

As for the offer, it still stands, though I will understand if you say no after meeting my hoody wearing friends who will come along just to check the car out and to make sure that my bike is no jacked! lol

PS

I wish I could 'Jack' a car, but I am not sure if I could remember how to drive. I once drove a 1.6 Orion home because evrybody else was too drunk, and I was sober, but that was about 6 years ago. I did really well, was up the north of England in a town called Clowne in the middle of nowhere. I managed to take everybody home, did not stall once, did a U-turn on a narrow country road, and had Police follow me for a few miles. My only hiccup was hitting the curb after about 30 seconds of driving as I was unsure of the cars width, but after that I was fine.

Last edited by PAPPACLART; 30 April 2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 30 April 2009, 01:53 AM
ze4s
Scooby Regular

Yep this is what its come to now.

Personally it wouldn't bother me, id turn up in my motor and let the guy look at me and decide for himself if he really wants my car that much.

Same thing is happening with bikes. Heard of a few selling on autotrader that have gone on a test ride and never come back
Old 30 April 2009, 01:57 AM
PAPPACLART
Scooby Newbie

It really annoys me. Thankfully where I live, I have an underground secure car park, so my bike is safe. Though I would be gutted if it was stolen, as I saved up and bought my bike, my first big bike, and I had her since 2004 and we have been though so much together..seriously I think I am in-love with my bike.

Right, am at work, shooting home now!!
Old 30 April 2009, 09:01 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Your best bet would be to arrange to do a track day with someone?
Old 30 April 2009, 01:02 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

[Hi Horse mode] Having a "trash up the road" is IMHO has all the makings for a recipe to disaster.

either in the Subaru or on bike
1) Two arrested and gailed
2) Two in a wooden box

[/Hi Horse mode]

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Your best bet would be to arrange to do a track day with someone?
Have to agree with paul, there are loads of Scooby Track events around, you've just missed one at Brands, 15th may Rockingham, 16may Japfest castle combe. Most Peeps like myself will gladly give you have a Passenger ride in the safety of a Track Circuit even without the promise of a bike ride. (normally pay £20 for wristband and ask for as many PX rides as you can get)

Tony
Old 30 April 2009, 08:50 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

0-60 2.9 secs , at the mercy of someone else with no seatbelt call me a chicken but **** that for a game of soldiers lol.
Old 30 April 2009, 10:12 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

All a bit strange,
Pappa, you and your machine are posted on so many different forums and your pimping yourself out for a "bash" in a scooby.
I, personally would not get on the back of a complete stranger's bike in a month of Sundays unless I was driving.
If your a bit lonely there are better sites to frequent than here.
If you ask the boys, they will tell you the best ******* sites near you......
Old 01 May 2009, 12:21 AM
PAPPACLART
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Mac
All a bit strange,
Pappa, you and your machine are posted on so many different forums and your pimping yourself out for a "bash" in a scooby.
I, personally would not get on the back of a complete stranger's bike in a month of Sundays unless I was driving.
If your a bit lonely there are better sites to frequent than here.
If you ask the boys, they will tell you the best ******* sites near you......

Wow, thanks for the friendly advice. It's hard being Ho these days you know! You sound just like my PIMP, jeez I am having flashbacks already, despite this, will you be my friend..pleeeeaassee

Anyway, the offer stands, though If I have better luck getting a ride at a ******* site, then please enlighten me the direction I have to go as you seem to know what you are talking about.

It's unfriendly smart *** people like you that send newcomers of forums packing!

Last edited by PAPPACLART; 01 May 2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01 May 2009, 02:03 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

I wont go pillion with my mate(coz he's a nutter like me) let alone a complete stranger

Strange thread

Last edited by Glowplug; 01 May 2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01 May 2009, 10:41 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Pappa,
Be assured My tongue was firmly in ones cheek as I typed that post.
And before you all start its my cheek I'm talking about.......
But on a serious note, you must agree it's still a strange post for you to ask for one of us to have the chance to become an organ donor!!!!!
Old 01 May 2009, 11:00 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I don't understand this thread. Why would the owner of a 1000cc bike want to be taken out in an impreza? The car would need to be about 700 bhp to be remotely as exciting as the bike. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 01 May 2009, 11:19 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Ditto....
Old 01 May 2009, 11:19 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

really weird...