Sponsored by:

..getting worse....

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2001, 10:23 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

...well today is getting worse.... £115 for an oil and filter change ( see other thread ) and phoned AXA to change my details on my cover note... they had mis spelled my house name and village ...... while on the phone I enquired about changing the back box to a Magnex one but was told they couldnt insure me with one !!! Basically I'm paying £1100 for a policy which doesnt let me uprate anything...****. so the main question is has anyone upgraded their motor with a AXA policy or can anyone recommend a company that will let me???... and Harj has threatened to hurt me at Donno.... today sucks....
Old 08 February 2001, 10:30 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

My policy is with AXA(thru bennetts Elite) They would let me add mods but would charge extra. Privilege seemed to be the best for mods. I could add a back box for no cost and they were the same price as bennetts.
Old 08 February 2001, 10:32 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Have a look at
Old 09 February 2001, 12:56 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RonaldoH:
<B>Harj hurt you at Donno?

lol

Whats that about? &gt;Harj!!!![/quote]

I think I made one too many comments about him eating all the pies in Daventry.....oops.... ( see Worcester Meet thread in Midlands Forum )
:
Old 09 February 2001, 07:37 AM
cwal1
Scooby Regular

What's the legal position with regard to informing an insurance company about a back box. I ask because if we were replacing a knackered, worn out silencer on a Mondeo with another make of silencer, say from ATS, then I can't imagine many people informing their insurance company.

Chris.
Old 09 February 2001, 07:43 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

cwa1.

I don't think you HAVE to inform them of anything. BUT if you don't it may invalidate your insurance thus causing you to commit an offence.

You are correct. A like for like I.e Std backbox for Std backbox would not cause an insurance company a problem. BUT 'enhancing' I.e going from Std to scoobysport/prodrive/magnex etc etc is changing the car from standard spec and so MAY invalidate your insurance if not declared.

I Think this is right
Old 09 February 2001, 08:10 AM
phill chinn
Scooby Regular

I phoned my insurer (Privilege) recently to enquire about putting on a performance back box.
I was told if it's less than a 20% increase in bhp then there would be nothing extra to pay, but if it when over that, then my excess would increase by £50 and I would have to pay £30 on top.
not to bad I thought.

Phill
Old 09 February 2001, 08:21 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Greenlight are also worth a try. They seemed pretty clued up when I spoke to them. They were OK with mods (exhust and 17" wheels) and also included track day cover. They were the best quote I had so far (W reg UK Turbo, 29, FNC - protected, one claim - no fault, 3 points, London postcode, class 1 business use, car on drive, no instance on Tracker - £980)

Chris
Old 09 February 2001, 10:28 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Question

Harj hurt you at Donno?

lol

Whats that about? &gt;Harj!!!!