Sponsored by:

Is this worth it

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2009, 01:05 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this worth it

Looking to buy another wagon - and i quite like this one. Just after your opinions on whether its worth the asking price

1999 Subaru Impreza Red Turbo Wagon 320bhp on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Mar-09 00:42:01 GMT)
Old 01 March 2009, 01:13 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends how much 'fun' someones already had in it. Doesn't say anything about ECU tuning ? Different to my 95 wagon as I can't see the A/c ?

Price seems fair-ish, mileage is high but could be hiding all sorts of nasties without knowing more about its history.
Old 01 March 2009, 01:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Described as a 'track car', subtle mods such as 'flamer kit' and 'swoosh dump valve'.

@90k so due another big service?!? unless it has already had it - belts and fluids every 45k from memory - ad mentions history, i wonder how much

320BHP (circa 220BHP std) uk car so an extra 100BHP with those 'subtle mods' really - suprised it does not have a Turbonator fitted to take it to 400+BHP it just does not add up for me. It obviously has a FMIC, so likely changes to the ECU to take advantage of this??? uprdated Turbo maybe????

It might be the advert is written by an idiot, might be worth a call but me, current market and cars avaliable - I would run a mile!

Last edited by The Zohan; 01 March 2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01 March 2009, 03:01 PM
shawnkng
Scooby Newbie

mileage a bit high the previous owner has probably been a boy racer i don't believe its 320 bhp run a mile!
Old 01 March 2009, 04:00 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I may be an idiot and at the risk of having apples thrown at me...... - I'm going to ask anyway............... why don't you beleive the bhp?
I have a UK scoob and thats running 315bhp running with fmic/de-cat/dumpvalve/fuel pump & VF28 turbo - maybe the red one is roughly the same.
I did call the guy to see if he'd take an offer on it (can't bear to pay asking price) but he wasn't overly "chatty" wouldn't budge on price either

Cause i quite like it. Not the end of the world though cause i've seen something better
Old 01 March 2009, 04:55 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I've looked at this one. Price wise I don't think its too bad IF and I mean IF its a straight car with no hidden nasties.

The blurb mentions an Apexi controller - I would check to see if its a PowerFC or the AVCR boost controller thingy.

The BHP of 320 would have to have a different turbo and as you say a VF28 would be probably be the likely choice.

The DVD and headphones could mean the previous owner liked to entertain the ladies with german **** or has children - being a wagon could suggest as much which could mean that previous owner didn't get to really hammer the car - I know I don't because I've got one (child not wagon )

If the guy wasn't too friendly and the feeback shows a dead car within a few miles I would be cautious.
Old 01 March 2009, 05:13 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LOL - i have kids and our scoob has taken quite a battering at times - more so when they're at my folks but could still be hammered with or without kids

Anyway - have my sights set on an evo (yes i know - i'm going to the dark side LOL)
Old 01 March 2009, 05:19 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Described as a 'track car', subtle mods such as 'flamer kit' and 'swoosh dump valve'.

@90k so due another big service?!? unless it has already had it - belts and fluids every 45k from memory - ad mentions history, i wonder how much

320BHP (circa 220BHP std) uk car so an extra 100BHP with those 'subtle mods' really - suprised it does not have a Turbonator fitted to take it to 400+BHP it just does not add up for me. It obviously has a FMIC, so likely changes to the ECU to take advantage of this??? uprdated Turbo maybe????

It might be the advert is written by an idiot, might be worth a call but me, current market and cars avaliable - I would run a mile!
Turbonator! Lol. Twin turbonator is the one to look out for,make sure its had an auxillary battery fitted to cope with the start up current of the second phase kicking in!
Old 01 March 2009, 05:32 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

The Key Words, "Jap Scooby Subaru Turbo Track Car Fast Road" would make me run a mile!! Who wants some boy racer cast off? Get a UK Un-Modified example and sleep easy