PPP on a 2006 UK STI

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2009, 05:12 PM
JAKEsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP on a 2006 UK STI

As stated in title this is the scooby I have

What is included in the exhaust elemant of the package - ie is it just a Prodrive back box, is it backbox plus centre pipe (getting rid of one of cats)?

I have used the search option and looked through 13 pages cannot find answer on here

and also gone on to Subaru official site that only states

1. Recaliberated engine management
2. High capacity fuel pump
3. stainless steel exhaust silencers ?

Last question - the High capacity fuel pump - in the PPP is that the equivalent of a Walboro unit.

starting to mod the car and just need the bench mark I am starting from ie do I really need a new exhaust etc or is the PPP item sufficient. (I know depends what BHP and other mods you have / want but I am aiming for roughly 350bhp) as stated it is a standard 2006 UK STI k&N induction kit fitted and Turbosmart recirc dump valve

Thanx in advance and for your patience reading I know there are multiple issues / questions here.
Old 23 February 2009, 10:25 AM
snerkler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAKEsti
As stated in title this is the scooby I have

What is included in the exhaust elemant of the package - ie is it just a Prodrive back box, is it backbox plus centre pipe (getting rid of one of cats)?

I have used the search option and looked through 13 pages cannot find answer on here

and also gone on to Subaru official site that only states

1. Recaliberated engine management
2. High capacity fuel pump
3. stainless steel exhaust silencers ?

Last question - the High capacity fuel pump - in the PPP is that the equivalent of a Walboro unit.

starting to mod the car and just need the bench mark I am starting from ie do I really need a new exhaust etc or is the PPP item sufficient. (I know depends what BHP and other mods you have / want but I am aiming for roughly 350bhp) as stated it is a standard 2006 UK STI k&N induction kit fitted and Turbosmart recirc dump valve

Thanx in advance and for your patience reading I know there are multiple issues / questions here.
I'm sure i read somewhere that they change the cat to one that's more free flowing. I can't remember where I read it though. I'll see if I can find the link again.
Old 23 February 2009, 10:30 AM
C_RHYS
Scooby Regular

I'm off to look at a PPP 05 plate today (sorry fo this slight highjack), is ther whole exhaust stainless or just the back box.

Regards

Chris
Old 23 February 2009, 10:32 AM
JAKEsti
Scooby Regular

cheers for response (thought I had put to much blah in there) thinking about it prob did.

Like most its a money thing for me at mo I dont want to have to replace all exhaust if some of it is of use ie no point buying sports CAT if a have one, etc hoping I can get a nice back box - Blitz nur spec S or Afterburner etc
Old 23 February 2009, 10:34 AM
JAKEsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C_RHYS
I'm off to look at a PPP 05 plate today (sorry fo this slight highjack), is ther whole exhaust stainless or just the back box.

Regards

Chris
I think its just the back box (keep an eye on this thread sure somebody will know for sure)
Old 23 February 2009, 10:43 AM
C_RHYS
Scooby Regular

Japspeed do T304 s/s cat back system for round £200 i hasve one on my classic, the quality is ace, it tooak about 10 mins to fit and sounds amazing, but it is loud (I have decat down pipe to). Loads of them on the Bay
Old 23 February 2009, 10:50 AM
JAKEsti
Scooby Regular

Yep seen the JAPSPEED site looks good. Seems very few people have these - I was asking about them 1 month or so ago on Scoobycity but got no response.

Also ansewered my own question by phoning

firstly - Prodrive - no help as both tecnicions out (strange who is running the company LOL)

secondly - Olney SUBARU where I got car from - its a sports CAT and stainless back box package for the 2006 UK STI
Old 23 February 2009, 10:57 AM
C_RHYS
Scooby Regular

That info helps me, thanks JAKEsti