Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under and Oversteer

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2002, 04:32 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read many posts about lift off oversteer, so last night I ventured off in the drizzle to a local large-ish roundabout with plenty of run off to see what happens.

Powered into the roundabout and was greeted with plenty of understeer as expected. When the wheels were straightened and the power reduced to exit from where I came from the rear decided to try and overtake me so a bit of opposite lock was required to straighten the car back up.

I don't know how much this effect was amplified due to being on a roundabout, changing direction quickly or having P Zero boots on but I was fairly supprised how unshapely it got at a relativly slow speed. I was quite happy how easily it corrected though. I would say however if this happened at 60/70 MPH I would be screwed !!!!

Does anyone know a place in the Croydon / Surrey area where you have enough tarmac to play around in safety, and dont say the IKEA car park !!!

Safe driving all.

Dave
Old 22 February 2002, 11:13 PM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet tarmac, roundabout and P-Zero's are mutually exclusive. Had 205x17 P-Zero's on my Prodrive shod and suspensioned MY00 and in the wet they were positively lethal. Changed to 215x17 Toyo's and loved them, great in wet and dry.

Ken