mattski2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crap, ****, w@nk... any more?
Old 22 February 2002, 07:57 AM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Get a life mate it is only a TV programme....
If the scoob had won you would not being saying Driven is pants would you?????
Old 22 February 2002, 08:12 AM
peccy
Scooby Regular

good choice of test drivers, with them experiencing the 'virtual' cars in a game this means theyre experts at the real thing yes?

one of them said the evo was much faster, yet on the 0-60 times at the begining the Scooby STi was quicker.

Evo = 5.3
Sti = 5.2
Old 22 February 2002, 08:28 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

How dare they say another car is better than a Subaru!!

I bet the evo board are LOL at this!!
Old 22 February 2002, 08:31 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

done already

as I said on the other thread..
If they ALL think the Mitsu is better why can't we belive it? I'd certainly give it a go.

Jason Plato and Penny are certainly better drivers than 99% of the ppl on this board.
Old 22 February 2002, 08:37 AM
HarryBoy
Scooby Regular

Driven maybe Drivel but the result mirrors what TopGear also found last year, the EVO is a sharper drivers car and (subjective) it looks better. It all comes down to personal choice in the end but I think the sales figures will speak for themselves in the end........I hope Subaru are listening!

Harry
Old 22 February 2002, 08:45 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The Evo is a better driver's car. Why is this surprising? Many people on here have tried them and raved about 'em. Some have made the switch, too.

EVO themselves rate the EVO VII as top notch, but the most recent model they've reviewed was "only for the truly dedicated" or something like that. It ain't as easy to live with as the STI.

I think my car's wonderful, but I'm not so blinkered to think that it's the best car on the planet. For the money, and for what I want from a car, it's definitely the best. And if I change, I'd try an EVO VII just to check that it was too extreme before shelling out on an STI.

...but I suspect that I'd take the STI anyhow.

Nick.

Trending Topics

Old 22 February 2002, 10:58 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

hello....

heh, actually I've thought Driven was a pile of pants for ages before that - that episode was merely polish on top of crap. I happen to think that Evo's are the b0ll0cks and was sooo close to getting an Evo 6 or 7 - why didn't I?

1. Because I love Subaru's, on my second one now and have no regrets whatsoever, oh and they sound like flymo's compared to boxer-engined beasties ;-)

2. Having done a fair bit of research and talking to a lot people I came to the conclusion that an Evo wasn't the car for me, it needs to be an everyday car as well as a beast. I happen to think that Subaru's are better every day cars.

I wonder why out 3/3 P1 owners I spoke with chose them over Evo's?
These guys had both Impreza's and Evo's on the shopping list and evaluated them both (including having them for a couple of days) - every one of these guys said that the Evo is not a 'pleasant' everyday car, very quick and capable - yes, but lets face it, you need a bit of refinement which is why they chose P1's (note these conversations didn't include Evo 7's)

Some people appear to have this misconception that you 'upgrade' to an Evo or get one when you can afford it, biggest load of crap I've ever heard. If I had wanted one I would have bought one in December, I didn't and I have my (very valid) reasons for not getting one, I'm sure this applies to a number of people.

They are both fabulous cars that are so close in terms of what they offer that it really does come down to personal preference in terms of looks and feel etc.

M
Old 22 February 2002, 11:14 AM
eliot
Scooby Regular

Hello M8

Tried to contact you for the meet last weekend which was only 25 minutes away from us - let me know if you are up for the next one.

Eliot
Old 22 February 2002, 11:20 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Eliot,

You have mail...

M
Old 22 February 2002, 11:29 AM
juan
Scooby Regular

evo 0-60 was wrong thats why!!!
more like 4.5

your 3/3 p1 owners could be replaced by x/x evo owners. Thats not a very good argument. soz

its personal choice as has been said x times already, and the people on this program seem to have made their own personal choices. Or is that not allowed?

[Edited by juan - 2/22/2002 11:31:22 AM]
Old 22 February 2002, 12:00 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

hmm, I think that the P1 argument is a valid point, it proves that it is all down to personal taste and the fact that their comments where echoed by a number of people (including Evo owners) carries some weight in my book.

As you say, it is all down to personal choice... although quite why anyone would buy an (oh no, the dreaded thread) Audi TT is beyond me

M