Sponsored by:

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2008, 09:51 PM
Aberdeen Al
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!

After years & years of will I won't I.............I've finally put a deposit down on a 06 (2.5) STi PPP and pick it up on Monday

I know that the 2.5 doesn't have the same burble as the 2.0 so my question is.................how do you get that noise?

If I had a spare £1k to spend what's the best road to go down? TSL upgrade?

Cheers,

Al
Old 19 November 2008, 11:03 PM
escott
Scooby Regular

Hi Al - the PPP version should sound better than standard due to the Prodrive backbox. If it's not enough there are lots of other systems out there.

I would say that a 2.5 STI PPP has a fair bit of power anyway - might want to start by spending money on the suspension? Then when you do get bored of the power you'll have a good basis to start upgrading from.
Old 19 November 2008, 11:57 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Agree. The handling is bloody awful.
Torque not bad but not impressed with the early pick up. Promised myself I wouldn't mod this one after taking my blob eye to 400bhp but dont think I can live with the car with its current set up.
Sort the handling first..................
Old 20 November 2008, 12:55 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my friend has a hawkeye with a nur spec r, sounds almost exactly the same as mine

wiley
Old 20 November 2008, 11:17 AM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Remember if you go for a full decat with a snakehead style downpipe you should realy have it remapped and the best guy for mapping is Andy forrest just outside Edinburgh AndyForrestPerformance

There is a forum called Aberdeen Scoobies ABERDEEN SCOOBIES that you will be able to meet up with them for runs and talk about mods for the car. Another good forum is the Scottish section of SIDC found here Subaru Impreza Drivers Club -> Scottish Scoobies again with a few folk from Aberdeen

hope this helps

Graeme
Old 20 November 2008, 08:28 PM
Aberdeen Al
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated!

I'll maybe live with it for a while and then take it from there.

I've come from a heavily modified Mini Cooper S (just over 265bhp) so I'm looking forward to the Scoobie
Old 21 November 2008, 01:14 AM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Noise with the added benefit of extra power = Revolution decat downpipe, straight through afterburner centre section and then an afterburner vortex backbox. Throw a K&N panel filter and a Walbro fuel pump into the mix then remap and you will see somewhere near 365/390 with a subline exhaust note.

Do that then add a few suspension tweaks and you are laughing.

Probably looking at more like £1.5-2K for all of that.

G
Old 21 November 2008, 08:48 AM
allsop83
Scooby Regular

Yeah, get onto Aberdeen Scoobies and introduce yourself ;-)

I'd go with a full de-cat system, Uprated Fuel Pump & FPR, K&N Panel Filter and a re-map for the engine/sound side of things.
(Go in past Wallace Performance in BOD and speak to Russell, he is really good at this side of things.....did this to my P1 and safely took it to 330bhp and a lovely note.....)

Then chuck in all the Whiteline gubbin's to improve the suspension, there is a very helpful chap on Aberdeen Scoobies that might be able to sort this out pretty cheap for you ;-)
Old 21 November 2008, 09:37 PM
Aberdeen Al
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by allsop83

I'd go with a full de-cat system, Uprated Fuel Pump & FPR, K&N Panel Filter and a re-map for the engine/sound side of things.
(Go in past Wallace Performance in BOD and speak to Russell, he is really good at this side of things.....did this to my P1 and safely took it to 330bhp and a lovely note.....)

Then chuck in all the Whiteline gubbin's to improve the suspension, there is a very helpful chap on Aberdeen Scoobies that might be able to sort this out pretty cheap for you ;-)
Spot on ! Can you tell me the name on Aberdeen Scoobies?
Old 21 November 2008, 10:18 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

For Whiteline Gear look up cusco kid on SIDC, Geo's prices are very good!!!

Graeme
Old 21 November 2008, 10:27 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by allsop83

You wont need a full decat system, just one that mates to the prodrive sports cat (which flows as much as a decat pipe).
Uprated fuel pump... hmmm depends on how far your going to take it, at 360bhp the standard one will be ok, but a remap will be needed if you change too much from the PPP kit.

Your other option is to go for the suspension, Litchfields do some suspension packages which are very good or go for the Prodrive suspension upgrade, but one of the biggest issues you get with the new age STI's is knocking rear suspension struts, so changing it is probably a good idea.
Also note that a remap will invalidate your warranty (or remainder there of) so it may also be advisable to wait until its run out before doing it

Tony

PS, I should add that new age STI's detest being decatted and not remapped, it normally causes about 3-4k's worth of damage (in the engine) so not advisable....

Last edited by TonyBurns; 21 November 2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 22 November 2008, 03:22 PM
Aberdeen Al
Scooby Regular

I've just found out it has the following:

PPP (320ps)
PPP Geometry
PPP Short shift
PPP Splitter
PPP S/S Sports Cat exhaust

Don't know if that's "standard" PPP kit or not?
Old 22 November 2008, 03:25 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

As far as I knew the PPP just included the exhaust system and a revised ECU, the geo set up, short shift and splitter are all extras I think....

G