Sponsored by:

Black or Gun Metal Grey Inovit Redlines

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2008, 06:22 PM
Scooby_Stu_
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black or Gun Metal Grey Inovit Redlines

I need your help, i can't decide which colour to have mat black or gun metal grey in inovit relines. The car will be lower aswell with some tein s tech's.

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited by Scooby_Stu_; 12 November 2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12 November 2008, 07:52 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

i like black on grey/silver cars.

Aaron
Old 12 November 2008, 08:17 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

From what I have read/digested, the Inovits will be inferior to your current wheels. Though they might look more erm... "conventional scooby tuner" than your current wheels.

An "oddball" suggestion is to get your current wheels painted gunmetal or anthracite. Even better, maybe(!) Strip them back, fill/smooth the grooves on the spokes, then get them sprayed black chrome or similar. Might be a little overkill as maybe with a darker colour the grooves won't show as much.

PS: Can anyone photoshop this?

J.
Old 12 November 2008, 08:35 PM
Scooby_Stu_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vindaloo
From what I have read/digested, the Inovits will be inferior to your current wheels. Though they might look more erm... "conventional scooby tuner" than your current wheels.

An "oddball" suggestion is to get your current wheels painted gunmetal or anthracite. Even better, maybe(!) Strip them back, fill/smooth the grooves on the spokes, then get them sprayed black chrome or similar. Might be a little overkill as maybe with a darker colour the grooves won't show as much.

PS: Can anyone photoshop this?

J.
Hi vindaloo. Can you explain why the inovits would be inferior to my current wheels please m8. I'm after 18" wheels to replace my 17" as i think 18" look alot better.

Cheers Stuart.
Old 12 November 2008, 08:43 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby_Stu_
Hi vindaloo. Can you explain why the inovits would be inferior to my current wheels please m8. I'm after 18" wheels to replace my 17" as i think 18" look alot better.

Cheers Stuart.
i'd like to know this too i've got 18" inovit redlines and i've not had a problem with them in about 16 months and prior to that they were on another car for around 6.

Aaron
Old 12 November 2008, 09:28 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

I would go for the Gunmetal Grey as the Black can get too dirty too quickly and any minor scratches and chips can be seen dead easy.

The car will be transformed with the 18's and Tein springs..........good mods.

Re the 'inferior Inovites'..........if memory serves me correctly, a couple of years ago there was a batch of Redline alloys that were discovered to have hairline cracks in them, which should generally not happen to a decent alloy wheel, however, I have not heard of any complaints recently about the Redlines and if I could afford some, then they would be on my car tommorrow. They look awesome.
Old 12 November 2008, 09:57 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby_Stu_

Cheers Stuart.
Regardless of looks, OE wheels are produced to fairly exacting standards by well known companies. Speedline, OZ etc...

The after market doesn't have the same issues as a supplier of wheel to say Volkswagen or Subaru. If wheels crack or bend or discolour, you tend to be on your own with regard to pursuing any claim.

I personally wouldn't regard Inovits as being a top quality item. There are wheels and wheel companies out there producing kit of a higher standard.

J.
Old 13 November 2008, 09:13 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, I paid for Invoits and am very happy with them, compared to OE Preodrive Pff7's there is certainly a difference in quality and the Inovits are heavyer, they are however a dam sight cheaper. If I had the choice I'd have OE Prodrive rims, however at well over 1k I went down the cheaper route and spent the saved cash on other mods.

As for colour, gunmetal all teh way, view my scoob.

Arron
Old 13 November 2008, 05:14 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Get some proper wheels...SPEEDLINES you know you want them!
Old 13 November 2008, 10:05 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Black on your car. I powder coated my wheels in black albeit gloss as opposed to matt. They look gun metal when dirty mind you

<--- view my scooby.

I've always liked black wheels as they look more "racey" to me. Anthracite only looks better on white cars IMO.