Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any STI7 owners out there that can help me?

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2008, 09:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any STI7 owners out there that can help me?

Hi all,

If you own an STI 7 then maybe you can help me.

I have just put a set of STI7 seats into my classic and very nice they are too. Now I want to finish them off by purchasing the plastic covers for ther rear of the seat rails/mounts on the floor.

Currently wehn you sit in the back of the car you just have bare bolts and edge of the seat runner on the floor infront of you at the back of the front seats and it looks a bit unfinished. The ones from the classic don't fit of course.

So I went to 2 Subaru dealers intent on buying them but both said they needed a chassis number or a part number.

Obviously I don't expect you to give me your chassis number , but I was wondering if any kind STI 7 owner could call up their local Subaru main agent and get the part numbers for me using their reg/chassis number - there are I think two covers, 1 for the inside rail near the transmission tunnel and 1 for the outside near the doors.

I can bung you a few quid for your troubles if needs be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04 November 2008, 10:12 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Anyone?
Old 04 November 2008, 11:17 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, I'd love to be able to help but my JDM chassis number doesn't go through the system. However, whenever I need parts the from the stealers I don't need the chassis number. They'll go without. Try Walldonway in Maidstone.
Old 04 November 2008, 11:19 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by psigeek
Hi mate, I'd love to be able to help but my JDM chassis number doesn't go through the system. However, whenever I need parts the from the stealers I don't need the chassis number. They'll go without. Try Walldonway in Maidstone.
Cheers I will give them a try. Both local to me couldn't do anythung with out a chassis number which did seem a bit ridiculous. Thanks.
Old 04 November 2008, 11:21 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No bugeyes for sale at the dealers then ?

Parts departments
Old 04 November 2008, 11:24 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Cheers I will give them a try. Both local to me couldn't do anythung with out a chassis number which did seem a bit ridiculous. Thanks.
It is ridiculous. They can look, it's just easier for them if they have a number. They have a CD with all the information on. If no luck, Walldonway are actually ringing me today/tomorrow as I needed some clips to tell me when they are in. I can ask them then for the part number/cost if you need.

Alternatively try https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html and stick in 2002, Subaru, Impreza and look up seat track. The part you need should be there and a part number hopefully forthcoming.

Last edited by psigeek; 04 November 2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04 November 2008, 06:59 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

my bug has never had covers. Just has the bolt heads showing. Interesting as i didnt know there should have been covers on them.
Old 04 November 2008, 08:22 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
No bugeyes for sale at the dealers then ?

Parts departments
No bugeyes for sale at either one I went to. Thought of that. Tried both parts depts and both said they need a chassis number

Originally Posted by psigeek
It is ridiculous. They can look, it's just easier for them if they have a number. They have a CD with all the information on. If no luck, Walldonway are actually ringing me today/tomorrow as I needed some clips to tell me when they are in. I can ask them then for the part number/cost if you need.

Alternatively try https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html and stick in 2002, Subaru, Impreza and look up seat track. The part you need should be there and a part number hopefully forthcoming.
OK tried that link and found the covers but they don't give you part numbers

Agree that the parts depts should not needs a chassis number, will try again in the morning and if I get no joy will ring Walldonway as suggested.

Originally Posted by Turbotits
my bug has never had covers. Just has the bolt heads showing. Interesting as i didnt know there should have been covers on them.
That would be typical, I am only guessing the STI seats had covers. Imagine all this mucking about to find there aren't any LOL

Thanks all for you help.
Old 06 November 2008, 02:04 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Any luck there mate?