Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowlife scumbags have done my scoob

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2002, 09:02 AM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night (sat 9th), left car on car park in Manchester near BBC and some scum have broke into my scoob and damaged door lock, steering column, nicked the stereo and also gone off with the siren to my clifford 50x, I know its dodgy to approach someone whilst doing this but they must have been seen and nobody has reported anything, im gutted, it wasnt the best place to leave it but I thought its got a clifford so no one will touch it, they obviously tried to take the car and realised they couldnt and took the radio instead. The missus has kept telling me to get a proper car for ages. With the help of Greenflag we managed to get the car going and got home ok but the Antilock Brake light is on all the time, it goes off when started but comes back on when you move off, anyone know why?
Oh and the car isnt for sale now (couldnt sell it anyway)

And to those who came to buy and offered me stupid money
I should've taken it.

[Edited by LeeMac - 2/10/2002 9:06:08 AM]

[Edited by LeeMac - 2/10/2002 9:59:10 PM]
Old 10 February 2002, 09:38 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear of your incident, tho a 'proper' car can have a stereo nicked as well, and would you have paid to put a decent alarm like a clifford on a more ordinary car? Poss not so you may have lost the whole car if it was 'proper'.

just a thought....

Old 10 February 2002, 10:28 AM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

Cool

I had things nicked from my other car and It's a real bummer.
Did they try and nick the standard Subaru Radio?
I know it's bit late, but I always go to town with high quality disk lock, it stops the average lowlife having a go.(not the pro's though).
sorry can't help with light thing.
Regards
Old 10 February 2002, 11:34 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

$hit LeeMac - really sorry to hear this [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Sorry, no decent help or advice to offer, just my sympathy...
Hope you get it sorted mate.

Rich
Old 10 February 2002, 11:43 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Lee,

Sorry to hear that bud, hope u get it fixed up.
There`s a lot to be said for autotazers

Don`t let the barstewards grind u down.
Pete
Old 10 February 2002, 03:04 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Angry

LeeMac,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I go into Manchester quite a lot of an evening and I have been appalled at the amount of cars you see with smashed windows etc. when walking around late at night. The first few I saw I tried to report to the police, but they were just not interested (as usual) so I don't bother now.

Car crime (and street crime for that matter) are definitely on the up in Manchester, but the police still tool round the M60 all the time in their unmarked cars searching for the speeding motorists as they really must be stopped you know!!! When will the police wake up to the fact that they need to redeploy their resources into real crime and stop taxing the motorist to death. Sorry to go a bit off topic, but the police and their stupid policies in this country really hack me off. We pay their bloody wages so shouldn't we have a say in how they should police.

Sorry once again,

tiggers.
Old 10 February 2002, 06:13 PM
TIM_H
Scooby Regular

Well, my first post....hmmm...

This is a topic which does hit a raw nerve.

The thing is, they probably got £10 - £20 for the stereo, but if you're like me - i'd love the chance of just giving them double that NOT to break into the car. know what I mean?

It's a 'no respect for other peoples posessions' thing - gets my goat.

regards - ex Manchester lad -
Tim
Old 10 February 2002, 06:25 PM
MyDreamCar
Scooby Regular

Condolences - sorry to hear the bad news - makes me mad cause I know how mental id go if someone did it to mine! - I would say the disklock is a good idea cause they are meant to stand up to 20 - 30 mins of attack in the tests, which should be enough to stop anyone who isnt going to pick it up and put it on a trailer! - i have 2 steering locks - a disk lock and a bar lock - which lives under the passenger seat for "protection"!

Phil
Old 10 February 2002, 06:37 PM
mrp
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the car - hope it is fixed soon. Not only do we have to worry about the cost of buying, insuring, servicing and running our cars we also have to contend with this as well! Trouble is no matter what security you have to stop someone stealing your car it doesn't take much to break a window, punch the locks etc. Unfortunately we live in a society where crime pays and the law abiding citizen doesn't matter.