Sponsored by:

Help Fellas! parking @ wembley this week-end

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2008, 06:10 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Fellas! parking @ wembley this week-end

Going down Sundayt to watch the mighty Reds at Wembley, going in the scoob though, our digs are 15mins walk from the ground itself but the car park is "first come, first served" - I just want an escape plan in case I can't get in there, obviously im not keen on parking the car just anywhere, anyone know the area at all???
Old 04 April 2008, 06:30 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

There are various places off on Carey Way (very near the ground) that'll charge you between £15 & £30. You'll struggle to get ino the actual Wembley car park if you haven't booked. Where ever you do park near the ground, it'll take least an hour to get to the car and get away from the immediate area after final whistle.

You can forget street parking as its a controlled parking zone and the wardens are $hit hot.

I'd suggest getting to the hotel early, leave the car there and walk
Old 04 April 2008, 06:35 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
There are various places off on Carey Way (very near the ground) that'll charge you between £15 & £30. You'll struggle to get ino the actual Wembley car park if you haven't booked. Where ever you do park near the ground, it'll take least an hour to get to the car and get away from the immediate area after final whistle.

You can forget street parking as its a controlled parking zone and the wardens are $hit hot.

I'd suggest getting to the hotel early, leave the car there and walk

Hopefully we'll be there for 9ish or so, I was just a bit worried if the car park is full (maybe ppl staying over saturday night) - were stopping sunday night so no worries about after match, whilst 80+ thousand are negotiating going home and the tube strike which starts at half 6pm - im hoping il be tucked up in a boozer slowly drowning my sorrows or celebrating.

Is it feasbale to maybe park at another hotel which may not be full and square it away with 20 notes???

This is obviously the last option, but Ive got a feeling our hotel will be full up tbh.
Old 04 April 2008, 06:39 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

No tube strike, it was called off yesterday

As I said, there are places to park around Carey Way as its an industrial site during the week and the owners know its an earner when there's a game on. Get there with plenty of time to spare and you will find somewhere to park. You'll just have to pay for it
Old 04 April 2008, 06:41 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
Hopefully we'll be there for 9ish or so, I was just a bit worried if the car park is full (maybe ppl staying over saturday night) - were stopping sunday night so no worries about after match, whilst 80+ thousand are negotiating going home and the tube strike which starts at half 6pm - im hoping il be tucked up in a boozer slowly drowning my sorrows or celebrating.

Is it feasbale to maybe park at another hotel which may not be full and square it away with 20 notes???

This is obviously the last option, but Ive got a feeling our hotel will be full up tbh.
sorry no help with parking but

i hope you are celebrating in the boozer as i have got some money riding on barnsley to reach the final.
Old 04 April 2008, 06:43 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

No tube strike, it was called off yesterday

As I said, there are places to park around Carey Way as its an industrial site during the week and the owners know its an earner when there's a game on. Get there with plenty of time to spare and you will find somewhere to park. You'll just have to pay for it
what about overnight mate?

sorry for all the q's

Originally Posted by johnnyroper
sorry no help with parking but

i hope you are celebrating in the boozer as i have got some money riding on barnsley to reach the final.
I bloody hope I am!!!

lol
Old 04 April 2008, 06:46 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
what about overnight mate?

sorry for all the q's
Don't know about that I'm afraid.

It could be the parking restrictions are lifted once the game has finished, so you can take the car back to your digs and get on the sauce afterwards
Old 04 April 2008, 06:49 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

It could be the parking restrictions are lifted once the game has finished, so you can take the car back to your digs and get on the sauce afterwards

Scrub that last idea

Protective Parking Scheme for Event Days at Wembley Stadium

Restrictions go on 'til midnight
Old 04 April 2008, 06:50 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Well, if the car parks full it looks like some fvckers car is getting bounced out the way for mine...

Wish id got a hire car now tbh.