Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much could i sell my car for??

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2008, 05:18 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much could i sell my car for??

right , i apologize if this thread is in the wrong heading.

basically i am curious as to how much i may be able to get for my car if i was to sell it. it is a 1999 uk turbo 2000 with just under 70k on the clock, it is in perfect condition, with full service history, never had any problems with it atall. it has inovit grey allows with toyos all round, p1 clutch, simota racing panel filter, and scoobyninja full exhaust system minus the decat. has alarm and immobilizor fitted by subaru. also has sti6 spoiler, everything is colour coded and has full crystal light set. is has also been lowered 40mm with eibachs lowering springs

any ideas as for how much i could sell it for?
Old 02 April 2008, 05:29 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

id say depending on condition between 4500-5500.
Old 02 April 2008, 05:33 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

yeah thats what i thought. basically my mate offered me initially 6k for it, i at first said yeah but id be happy with bout 5-5500 as hes a mate diddn't want to take him for a mug, an i just got a text from him now sayin 5k is way too much as hes seen some for much less, and the ones he has been looking at are pre facelift ones and imports, so their bound to be cheaper aren't they?

sorry just trying to find out if im in the wrong or not
Old 02 April 2008, 05:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

id personally say £4.5k, maybe £5k, but not £5.5k.

in comparison my cars a uk 99. has genuine p1 alloys, eibachs springs, adjustable gas shocks, whiteline goodies, samco hoses, uprated speakers/headunit, sti6 spoiler, mudflas etc etc, and id still only expect £4k for it.

why?? because the mileage is 137,000 although 67,000 is on the second engine. mistreated.... nope, oil pump blew at 70k miles in 2001.

dont think id sell mine unless a good offer came along, id probably end up breaking it if it ever went seriously wrong as it wouldnt really be econimical to sell.

may i ask why youve bought the scoob as an 18 year, forked out a kings randsom to insure her, and are now considering selling. it dont make sense.

is the car not what you expected. has it bored you somewhat or is it too much to handle. i dont geddit
Old 02 April 2008, 05:40 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

To get an idea. Ive got my00 uk turbo in silver with 61k on it. And its mint. Its on pistonheads @ £5495.00. Oh and its on an x plate

Regards Dan
Old 03 April 2008, 06:52 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

chocolate obrian, i am over the moon with my car, its alot better than i ever expected after the test drive things just got better and better, i had an offer and thought, since im now 19 i could move on to an sti if i had a good offer and found a nice sti. but no im not bored of my car or anything, just a thought
Old 04 April 2008, 07:22 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
chocolate obrian, i am over the moon with my car, its alot better than i ever expected after the test drive things just got better and better, i had an offer and thought, since im now 19 i could move on to an sti if i had a good offer and found a nice sti. but no im not bored of my car or anything, just a thought
sorry, but i lol'ed at this.

are you serious

please when you get them back, tell me what your insurance quotes are, and i think il get an sti myself, being nearly 24

thats not a **** take either, i genuinely wanna see what/how at 19 you could afford the insurance/cope with the power
Old 04 April 2008, 09:41 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

lol, put it this way, i am an enthusiastic person, if i want something i will try my very best to get it and costs don't put me down. when i turned 19 and got my renewal quote, my insurance went down 1000, but if i was to get an STI it would go up by around the grand mark as what i have seen. it is silly money but i figure you only live once and yes before u ask, i am crap with money and spend it the second i get it, but put it this way. Some people my age spend all there money on drugs, drink or whatever else people my age get up to. i just spend it on my car, the change on drink so in other words, i see it as money well spent, however much it may be.
Old 04 April 2008, 09:53 AM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

You must live in a good insurance post code area subaru_18. Im 22 with 3 years NCB and cant seem to find an insurer that will quote me under 2k for a turbo Never mind an STi

You'll have to PM me what company you use once you get a decent quote. Who you with at the moment btw?

SetoN
Old 04 April 2008, 10:08 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

im with endsliegh and i pay around 2.5k. im not alloud to mod the car though, and my excess is silly, so its not the best deal really, but best i could get for my age
Old 04 April 2008, 10:39 AM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

im with SetoN and Chocco, being 25 with 4-5 years ncb (also member of IAM) im struggling to get sensible quotes, certainly wouldnt entertain the thought of insuring it for what is basically half the value of the car, but if you do get some sensible quotes through id be very interested to hear what they are like.
Also haven't you modded the current car with wheels, spoilers etc?
Old 04 April 2008, 11:41 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyv
im with SetoN and Chocco, being 25 with 4-5 years ncb (also member of IAM) im struggling to get sensible quotes, certainly wouldnt entertain the thought of insuring it for what is basically half the value of the car, but if you do get some sensible quotes through id be very interested to hear what they are like.
Also haven't you modded the current car with wheels, spoilers etc?
i hope this isnt gonna turn into another "ive modded my car but not told my insurers to keep costs down" thread

to the o.p. indeed you have an insurance friendly post code better than mine anywho.

again when youve got some quotes, either pop them on here or pm me mate.

appreciate the money goes on the car and not drugs thing. im in the same boat as owning a subaru over being a smack head was a natural choice to be honest
Old 04 April 2008, 11:55 AM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

Nah not at all i didnt mean it to come across as that way at all, was just a genuine question id rather a fellow scoob owner wasn't shafted by his ins. co. if it ever came to making a claim.
and i think most people's post codes will be better than birmingham (even though its a nice part of the hole)
makes me wonder how much insurance my neighbour pays for his quattro porte (sp)
Old 04 April 2008, 11:58 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyv
Nah not at all i didnt mean it to come across as that way at all, was just a genuine question id rather a fellow scoob owner wasn't shafted by his ins. co. if it ever came to making a claim.
and i think most people's post codes will be better than birmingham (even though its a nice part of the hole)
makes me wonder how much insurance my neighbour pays for his quattro porte (sp)

well in comparison, im from scunny a variation od the "DN" doncaster postal code system.

my insurance currently is £1250

1 year ncb
2 non fault accidents
3 points - run red light
£500 excess (£900 totall if my fault)

so not too bad. hopefully under a grand come renewal in december. with ecar at the moment.
Old 04 April 2008, 12:06 PM
jimmyv
Scooby Regular

yeh thats the kind of price i would be expecting, think thats fairly reasonable, however im a tight get and refuse to pay anything over a grand, especially with tax and petrol costs going up.
Think ill just wait till i get a pay raise or another job where the company wont like a car over 6 years old then i'll be forced into shelling out for a newer model
and as if its 3 points for running a red light, bit harsh.
Old 04 April 2008, 02:39 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

yeah there are a few little mods to the car that i have not declared, all subaru parts (as in new spoiler etc) apart from wheels and exhaust. they will get declared when i turn 20 in november. bit dodgy but oh well thats life.
Old 04 April 2008, 05:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

yeah there are a few little mods to the car that i have not declared, all subaru parts (as in new spoiler etc) apart from wheels and exhaust. they will get declared when i turn 20 in november. bit dodgy but oh well thats life.

if i was you i would just ring up and cancel my insurance now. as you realise its void dont you. any mods should be declared.

hell when i had to claim after a ***** crashed into me last year, i had trouble from my insurers because of two "scoobybits" 30cm decals werent declared.

so you running with extra mods whether oem parts or cheapo ebay add ons, sir your insurers will notice and you wont get anything if a claim has to be made. sorry but your attitude stinks and is one of the reasons young scooby drivers like myself get a bad name

"oh well thats life" would be the last thing you said if you accidentally crashed into some big burly bloke and didnt have legitimate insurance. just have a think of the consequences fella
Old 05 April 2008, 12:08 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

eversince somebody first brought it up it made me realise all this. i diddnt actaully know it voided it, i think i shall give them a ring today or tomorrow.

by the way chocolate obrian, bit off subject i remember you talking bout DJing the other day, just thought id mention i got my first weekly slot in a bar the other week every thursday and they may change me to a saturday.
Old 05 April 2008, 03:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

by the way chocolate obrian, bit off subject i remember you talking bout DJing the other day, just thought id mention i got my first weekly slot in a bar the other week every thursday and they may change me to a saturday.
excellent. where abouts is the bar?

what sort of choonage is it?

im still trying but as you may know my hometown doenst really have a night life scene.
Old 05 April 2008, 04:00 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

its in haywards heath, town just north of brighton. i play mostly house with an occasional bit of garage, its mostly commercial stuff though as its a bar. good crack though and good money, well worth while. clubs next hopefully
Old 05 April 2008, 04:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

its in haywards heath, town just north of brighton. i play mostly house with an occasional bit of garage, its mostly commercial stuff though as its a bar. good crack though and good money, well worth while. clubs next hopefully
bugger...

2 things

uno... im not really a house/garage/commercial dj (i like trance and progressive)

dos... im in scunny north lincs, so not really viable to pop down and show my support for a fellow dj.

would have been fun too
Old 05 April 2008, 04:06 PM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

god i feel old,lol i only pay 300 quid a year & my insurers didnt specify an immobiliser or a tracker for my WRX. Oh and i declared my mods/STI bits.
Mind you I have full NCB protected.

How do younger drivers do it? I would shudder at paying over 2 k for insurance!

Fair play to you for doing it, you are very determined.
Old 05 April 2008, 04:45 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobz72
god i feel old,lol i only pay 300 quid a year & my insurers didnt specify an immobiliser or a tracker for my WRX. Oh and i declared my mods/STI bits.
Mind you I have full NCB protected.

How do younger drivers do it? I would shudder at paying over 2 k for insurance!

Fair play to you for doing it, you are very determined.
we got no chioce its "pay stupid money or dont drive subarus.... (or in fact any decent car 200+bhp)"
Old 05 April 2008, 07:32 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
bugger...

2 things

uno... im not really a house/garage/commercial dj (i like trance and progressive)

dos... im in scunny north lincs, so not really viable to pop down and show my support for a fellow dj.

would have been fun too
lol no worries. i do enjoy trance and harder dance music but obviously a bar aint the right place for that sort of thing though.
Old 05 April 2008, 08:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

lol no worries. i do enjoy trance and harder dance music but obviously a bar aint the right place for that sort of thing though.

give you that much.

i do have a liking for all my old dance music, stuff like "livin joy", "the grid", "sandy b" etc etc. was that house, or just generalised dance music

goos sh*t though, got a few of them upstairs in my studio on 12".
Old 05 April 2008, 08:11 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

that was house. and oh yes, its all about the old school house lol. what equipment do u use anyway?
Old 05 April 2008, 08:18 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

that was house. and oh yes, its all about the old school house lol. what equipment do u use anyway?
cant give you details on the software on my pc as my mates installed all that production stuff. i just dabble now and again.

dj set up i run a pair of 1210 mk3 turntables with a gemini ps540i mixer. been very reliable for the 5 years ive had this set up.

got it wires to a carlsboro 400 watt amp and a pair of gemini monitor speakers, about 300 watts each i think. very good crisp sound.

do have a 1500 watt fair ground speaker too, but the plaster cant take it, noether can the neighbours apparently, well according to enviromental health.

i am gonna get a decent three/four channel mixer soon though with a pioneer/denon cd player, as i have 1000s of decent trance releases on the pc which would be far cheaper to burn onto cds than pay £5-6 each on vinyl.

how about you. are you a "newage" cd dj or a bit old skool such as myself with 12" vinyl

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 05 April 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05 April 2008, 08:37 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

bit of both lol. i have numark ttx1's with a pioneer djm 600, im hopefully getting a djm800 soon though depending on how this weekly slot goes. i am also in the process of ordering rane serato scratch live rather than forking out alot of money on cd decks. have you heard of scratch live or mp3 controlling software? its basically software on your pc that will link up with your turntables and you get records which come with it, and they are bassically a signal that gets sent to the computer so it knows where it is in the song, and the record acts as the mp3 on your computer. very good software and very effective(if all that makes sense lol)

as for the cd decks your thinking of, my mate has the denon DNS3500, and they are good but there just not the best in build quality, the pioneer CDJ's are alot better and worth the extra money.
Old 05 April 2008, 08:43 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

its in haywards heath, town just north of brighton.

just play some of that hi energy euro dance and the brown pirates will be dancing the night away soon enough