Sponsored by:

Golf R32's

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2008, 08:38 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Golf R32's

Had a play with the previous model Golf R32 this morning, must admit I was surprised and quite pleased when slowly but surely I pulled away from him…
Old 28 March 2008, 08:51 AM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice 1.

1 less Kraut Car Driver that thinks they own the road.

REgards

Alan MaC
Old 28 March 2008, 09:18 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by Alan MaC
Nice 1.

1 less Kraut Car Driver that thinks they own the road.

REgards

Alan MaC

.......and one more japanese car driver who thinks they do?

Besides the R32 is an overweight heiffer. What next,'I beat a diesel' threads?
Old 28 March 2008, 09:23 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Apologies if I'm wrong, but isn't this mechanically the same as the Audi A3 3.2 quattro? A friend of mine had a DSG 'box one. Fine car but not terribly exciting.
Old 28 March 2008, 09:36 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
Had a play with the previous model Golf R32 this morning, must admit I was surprised and quite pleased when slowly but surely I pulled away from him…

maybe it was only you that thought you were racing which shows he's a little smarter for nor messing around on public roads.
Old 28 March 2008, 10:44 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Why is it that every time somebody posts a thread on SN about an encounter they had with another car, somebody else ALWAYS posts a tut-tut response about not driving sensibly on the public highway?

I mean this thread hardly sounds like the antics of some drugged-up joyrider mopping up bus queues full of innocent bystanders does it?

We (nearly) all have nice powerful cars on this forum and I am sure the R32 driver thought the same. What's so bad about trying to out accelerate each other, even on the public highway? Last time I looked, acceleration wasn't illegal! You can have fun within the law, no matter what the holier than thou contributors to SN think.

Sure if you want to go mad, take to the track, but you can still have the occasional spot of fun on the road during odd moments of the other 99% of your driving time.
Old 28 March 2008, 10:52 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NACRO
.......and one more japanese car driver who thinks they do?

Besides the R32 is an overweight heiffer. What next,'I beat a diesel' threads?

Cannot help yourself can you Nacro, anything to do some stirring and trolling. Yes we know you have the fastest thing on 4 wheels

Banny
Old 28 March 2008, 11:00 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo2
Why is it that every time somebody posts a thread on SN about an encounter they had with another car, somebody else ALWAYS posts a tut-tut response about not driving sensibly on the public highway?

I mean this thread hardly sounds like the antics of some drugged-up joyrider mopping up bus queues full of innocent bystanders does it?

We (nearly) all have nice powerful cars on this forum and I am sure the R32 driver thought the same. What's so bad about trying to out accelerate each other, even on the public highway? Last time I looked, acceleration wasn't illegal! You can have fun within the law, no matter what the holier than thou contributors to SN think.

Sure if you want to go mad, take to the track, but you can still have the occasional spot of fun on the road during odd moments of the other 99% of your driving time.

You are definately on to something here, after all what do we buy turbocharged cars for? It certainly isn't for mpg!
Old 28 March 2008, 11:28 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by banny sti
Cannot help yourself can you Nacro, anything to do some stirring and trolling. Yes we know you have the fastest thing on 4 wheels

Banny
Just an observation. It seems ironic to me the first response was that will put drivers of German cars in their place when it seems obvious that attitude is displaying exactly the same sort of arrogance albeit from a Japanese car owner's perspective.

I don't think my car's the fastest thing on 4 wheels either, certainly it might be a bit more reliable while going quick than some of the high BHP shooting stars on here however.
Old 28 March 2008, 11:29 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

"I don't think my car's the fastest thing on 4 wheels either, certainly it might be a bit more reliable while going quick than some of the high BHP shooting stars on here however"

How much does your car cost again

Banny
Old 28 March 2008, 11:30 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Last time I looked, acceleration wasn't illegal!
Wonder how long that will last, the way this goverment is going we might soon be getting fined for accelerating too quickly
Old 28 March 2008, 11:46 AM
NACRO
BANNED

"I don't think my car's the fastest thing on 4 wheels either, certainly it might be a bit more reliable while going quick than some of the high BHP shooting stars on here however"

How much does your car cost again

Banny
It cost less than 6 months work net of tax. As we're asking how many months of your net income did your car cost?
Old 28 March 2008, 11:48 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Last time I looked, acceleration wasn't illegal!
Actually the police can have you for that as well if they feel like it. Driving without due care and attention is something I've seen mentioned in cases of people going to court for using their car's potential to the full.
Old 28 March 2008, 11:51 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by NACRO
It cost less than 6 months work net of tax. As we're asking how many months of your net income did your car cost?
About 6 months as you are asking so nicely
Old 28 March 2008, 11:53 AM
NACRO
BANNED

About 6 months as you are asking so nicely
Then in a contest to see who can urinate the highest up a wall I win.
Old 28 March 2008, 12:01 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

talking of things beggining with the letter P, did i mention i drive a PORCSHE........getting tedious now fella.
Old 28 March 2008, 12:24 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
did i mention i drive a PORCSHE........getting tedious now fella.
Old 28 March 2008, 12:29 PM
NACRO
BANNED

i drive a PORCSHE........
Can I hazard a guess that you might claim to be 'dyselic' (sic)?

Only one person here has mentioned the P word my lexicologically challenged friend.
Old 28 March 2008, 12:56 PM
DB07P1
Scooby Regular

totally agree
Old 28 March 2008, 01:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I was sat in a new R32 a few weeks back at my local dealer.

OK, they might not be a fast point to point as a STI, but what a nice car they are. Inside has such a good feel good factor. Nice materials, well built etc.

Residuals will always be better than Subaru
Fuel ecomony is better than my STI

If you don't blast about everywhere, I dare bet the R32 is a better proposition for a daily drive than any Subaru. Nice creamy V6, smooth Torque curve. I really fancy one.

I've been waiting to see if VW will do a R34/36 version. Quite like the new Scirroco too. If they do a R32/34/36 of that.......
Old 28 March 2008, 01:29 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

talking of things beggining with the letter P, did i mention i drive a PORCSHE........getting tedious now fella.
Here here...

Every thread I read now has this fella telling us how good his car is. Are there no Porsche forums he can go and hang around on instead of boring us?
Old 28 March 2008, 01:32 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I was sat in a new R32 a few weeks back at my local dealer.

OK, they might not be a fast point to point as a STI, but what a nice car they are. Inside has such a good feel good factor. Nice materials, well built etc.

Residuals will always be better than Subaru
Fuel ecomony is better than my STI

If you don't blast about everywhere, I dare bet the R32 is a better proposition for a daily drive than any Subaru. Nice creamy V6, smooth Torque curve. I really fancy one.

I've been waiting to see if VW will do a R34/36 version. Quite like the new Scirroco too. If they do a R32/34/36 of that.......
They are quality cars and defo worth considering. As you say they will not match the STi on performance but there are other things in a car to look for.
Old 28 March 2008, 01:33 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mikkel
Here here...

Every thread I read now has this fella telling us how good his car is. Are there no Porsche forums he can go and hang around on instead of boring us?
You know I hate to point it out Mikkel but I've mentioned the P word on 2 threads here in Scoobynet general and that's it. I wasn't the one who mentioned it on this thread. It's other people who keep bringing it up as a review of the threads will confirm.

Tell you what, if it offends you I won't mention it here in this forum again, how about that for a deal?

BTW as I've owned quite a few Subarus and been around here since 1999 I'll no doubt still be here after many of you newbies have gone elsewhere.
Old 28 March 2008, 02:02 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Banny
I second that.

Mac
Old 28 March 2008, 02:18 PM
wall
Scooby Regular

Had an STI (and an Evo, and an Elise, and a 330, and ...) in the past, but my current R32 is by far the best overall car-package I've had IMHO.

Plenty fast enough (TG track times, current R32 1:30.4 / last STI 1:30.1), fantastic build quality and interior (esp. with the big recaros), DSG is great (could never go back to conventional manual), makes one of the best sounds of any unmodified car except for Lambos and such, understated but "muscular" design, 4wd traction when needed, great brakes, etc.

Had it for 12 months now and will only replace it in mid-late 2009 when, dealer info, the new Golf R36 will be launched ... with 310hp and a 7-speed DSG.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3373/r321bn9.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9940/r322uf5.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4803/r323ra1.jpg

Wall

Last edited by wall; 28 March 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 28 March 2008, 02:40 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikkel
Here here...

Old 28 March 2008, 03:20 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wall
Had it for 12 months now and will only replace it in mid-late 2009 when, dealer info, the new Golf R36 will be launched ... with 310hp and a 7-speed DSG.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3373/r321bn9.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9940/r322uf5.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4803/r323ra1.jpg

Wall
Is that true?
Where have you got this info from?
I hope it's true, as if Ford don't make the new RS AWD, my new car choices were either an Audi S3 (chipped to 310BHP) or a Golf R32.
If they are noiw going to do a 310BHP R36, I'd rather have a V6 than a 4pot Turbo.

With the Golf, Ive seen a guy around my way with replica Lambo Gallardo Alloys on it, and it looks the dogs danglies. Deffo would have them fitted.

PS.
Nice Pics. I'd go for those seats too.

EDITED:
Just done a Google search. Looking good for a R36
Hop you can get a manual box though.

Last edited by stilover; 28 March 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 28 March 2008, 03:36 PM
chris-RB5
Scooby Regular

NACRO= TROLL
Old 28 March 2008, 03:46 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, agree totally.

Why some people on here ever bought a Scooby is way beyond me...
Old 28 March 2008, 03:49 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
Yes, agree totally.

Why some people on here ever bought a Scooby is way beyond me...
Maybe they are 'average drivers' who need AWD as a substitute for driving skill as someone on another thread suggested?

Not necessarily my opinion but it's a thought isn't it?

Quick Reply: Golf R32's