Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i'm going crazzy, can anyone help???

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2008, 12:59 AM
juan6
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'm going crazzy, can anyone help???

hi,
i'm new and just joined up . i'm wanting to go from my seat leon cupra r to a subaru but abit stuck on what modles get 53/55 plate
theres the:
1)wrx 300
2)wrx
3)wrx sti (alot seem to be with ppp)
i'v looked on parkers and on paper the wrx 300 is the same as the wrx sti in performance, is this rite?? if anything it the wrx 300 is better on fule.
what the reall diff between them?? is it just the inside/outside styling??
any help would be good, sorry if this has comes up alot and gets people mad.
carl
Old 26 March 2008, 01:09 AM
myblack02wrx
Scooby Newbie

why not try the wrx prodrive for starters great performance and sound, value for money ive got a 02 wrx with a few mods but took my mates prodrive out and its a different car
Old 26 March 2008, 01:15 AM
scatty
Scooby Regular

STI........you will want it eventually so why not get it now.....that lovely badge and pink bits....mmmmm......

best bet is go and av a look at all models and see which you prefer....check the prices, inc insurance and test drive all of them...another way is go to a local scooby meet and see them in all there glory.....

Last edited by scatty; 26 March 2008 at 01:19 AM. Reason: change
Old 26 March 2008, 11:13 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Get a STi bud, as said you will only want one in the future if you get a WRX, i did and the STi is a far better car, to much differences to list though.
AFAIK the WRX300 is basically a WRX with PPP(Prodrive Performance Pack) taking power up to approx 265 BHP.

Also depends on what you are using the car for, commuting, weekends, track or everyday car????

Mac
Old 26 March 2008, 11:28 AM
abc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
AFAIK the WRX300 is basically a WRX with PPP(Prodrive Performance Pack) taking power up to approx 265 BHP.
Agreed. The WRX 300 also has a tarted up interior. So unless the OP really wants the bling, it'd be better to go for a PPPd WRX or an STi.
Old 26 March 2008, 12:50 PM
vash
Scooby Regular

STI all the way. I cannot say I have driven a WRX but the guy that bought my 03 UK STI tried mine and a prodrive wrx 300 and said there was no comparrison!

I will be picking up my new 06 JDM Sti in hopefully about 3 weeks yay!
Old 26 March 2008, 04:15 PM
juan6
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Also depends on what you are using the car for, commuting, weekends, track or everyday car????

Mac
dont know yet about that, the options are to get a car for £500 to go to work in or just see how much it cost to run it. Its 10miles to work and 10 back again. i'm a chef so do split shifs but i will stay at work alday so will only do 20miles aday in it.

ya thinking of going to my local dealer and having alook at what they go but not sure if they would just let me test drive aload just have to try and work my magic.

insurance for a wrx 02-ON was £552 that was only on tesco compear but when i do i'll shop around proper.