Motorpoint WXR resale values?

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2008, 05:07 PM
burner1978
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorpoint WXR resale values?

Hello,

I was hoping for a little advice on picking up my first Subaru……?

I have put a deposit down on a 53plate (blob eye) wagon WRX, Motorpoint sourced (country of origin Malta) but with UK spec. Mileage is 67k miles, FSH, 10 months MOT, 6 months tax, one owner from new and completely bog standard. The car is fitted with a tracker retrieve and a Sigma alarm. Condition is good, with a few of the usual shopping market car park door dents/alloy wheel grazes, but nothing major. Insurance has come back no problems (Direct Line, 29YO, full NCD, clean licence, kept on street - £540).

I have done a search on the pros and cons of sourcing Subarus new via Motorpoint, but am concerned that the resale values lower that Subaru UK sourced cars, so just want to make sure I'm not paying over the odds compared to Parker's prices and so on.

Not wanting to prejudice any responses, I'd prefer to hold back on the agreed amount for now, but I promise to post it in the fullness of time. So, if anyone can hazard a guess to the likely value, I’d appreciate it………? Sale is private, not trade.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to WRX ownership!!

Cheers

Andy
Old 24 March 2008, 05:17 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I would honestly say it depends on how long you intend on keeping the car for. My 07 WRX is prob worth a little less that an UK one right now, but come 3 years old, the values seem to balance out almost.
The myth of Euro spec cars being "different" is slowly diluting away.
Old 24 March 2008, 05:17 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i traded in a 53 plate wrx about 3 months ago, less than 40k, fsh
4 door, silver, sti8 rear spoiler, brand new hawkeye wheels/ tyres, laserline cat1 alarm, sti fog covers and got £8k

guess it would have been worth maybe £7.5k now?
Old 24 March 2008, 05:34 PM
burner1978
Scooby Newbie

Thanks,

I usually run cars into the ground. This one will be used for towing a small box trailer from time to time (i race motorcycles - it's no caravan don't worry), and for a bit of fun. Work may take me to Canada from Christmas though. However, my old man likes the car, so he will be taking it over should that happen.

I'm just making sure I'm not paying more than book to get my mits on this standard, hence hard to find, example.

Cheers

Andy
Old 24 March 2008, 05:54 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

New or nearly new and there could be a few £k's difference between EU-dealer and UK-dealer sourced. Once you reach the three year old point I would say any difference is down to a few hundred pounds - hardly worth worrying about. I would be more interested in the condition of the car rather than its original source.
Old 25 March 2008, 12:58 PM
burner1978
Scooby Newbie

Agreed price is £6700 for the spec list in the original post.

Does this sound competative bearing in mind alloy wheel scuffs, the odd small door scratch, and the interior, which is all intact, needs a clean?

Thanks!
Old 25 March 2008, 02:40 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Be careful of any car with WXR badges
Old 25 March 2008, 10:20 PM
burner1978
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by speedking
Be careful of any car with WXR badges
Noted thanks must learn to check posts before sumitting!

Anyone care to comment on the price? I am slowly getting the impression it's over the odds.
Old 25 March 2008, 10:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, a quick look on AutoTrader will tell you if you are paying too much ..... click on lowest price and then highest price. If £6700 is in the lower quartile then you are about right ........ but, only YOU can put a price on it - what is it worth to YOU?
Old 25 March 2008, 10:31 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

its like anything mate, if your happy with paying the price, and as read you have agreed a price allready and left a deposit, then thats what counts, the car is out of warrenty (uk or not) so the origin wont come into it so much at this stage, imho you got it for a good price

stop panicking and go and pay the guy what you owe and enjoy the your new purchase
Old 25 March 2008, 10:31 PM
Robbieben
Scooby Regular

I'd say that it's a little over the odd's but again it's condition dependant and Waggons aren't that readily available, if your happy I wouldn't worry too much
Old 25 March 2008, 10:48 PM
burner1978
Scooby Newbie

Thanks again. You'll have to humour me, I'm never happy with anything. I have a Glass report for the value of the car, which shows it being considerably more than the amount I've agreed, but then a quick scan of what's been ups for sale very recently totally contradicts this. Granted, all there is to go on is the sellers desription of condition/mileage/age/spec……, but the range of values is alarming. Owning an Impreza sounds like a thoroughly enjoyable experience, I just hate getting ripped of! Car gets picked up next Saturday come what may!
Signing off....