Sponsored by:

3 points and £60

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2008, 05:03 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 points and £60

Well about an hour ago i got pulled over for overtaking on double white lines,Anyway as soon as i got in their car they said your getting 3 points and £60, fine when asked why i overtook i said "because they where doing 45 in a 60", they said it was erratic driving and thats normal for traffic to be travelling at that speed.
Now i travel on this road every day(not in my car) and it winds me up more than any other in the country, but as they already told me my punnishment thought i best not argue as they probably could have got me for speeding but i didn't honestly know how fast i went past. Plus i just put an afterburner vortex on, they had followed me from beverly town centre and said the exhaust was the reason they followed me.
At this point i thought here we go after all the posts etc on loud exhausts.The officer then said how nice it sounded but had i told my insurance about the aftermarket exhaust and wheels, i had to say no as i only put the exhaust on yesterday and all he said was make sure you tell them and drive safely.
So just thought i'd tell people that in my opinion because i agreed with everything and didn't get clever that they were probably very leniant and decent towards me when they could have made me change the exhaust back and stopped me from driving any further and more than likely speeding too.
All i have to do is take my paper driving license part into the station and thats it. oh and it was an unmarked silver skoda around the beverly area .
Old 16 March 2008, 05:08 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Sorry to hear that, but you must be able to see their point too !

Shame every decent road has double white lines appearing everywhere...

I used to do Cottingham to Woodmansey daily, ruined !

DunxC
Old 16 March 2008, 05:13 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

yeah i totally agree i was in the wrong which is why i admitted it straight away mate, the only thing was i waited purposly to get past the turn off and the junction they where marking and must have caught the last 20 metres of the white lines. but as i was more than likely going more than 60 i kept stum
Old 16 March 2008, 05:45 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Well at least your man enough to admit what you had done wrong, fair play to you.
Sounds like you passed "the attitude test" as well, otherwise they could have been a bit more harsh.
Old 16 March 2008, 06:01 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

i was mainly concerned about the exhaust as that was the reason they followed me but i was happy that as they mentioned it was aftermarket that they never said i had to remove it, which either they didn't know its technically illegal (which i doubt very much) or that they where just being decent coppers (which i know is probably hard to believe too)
Old 16 March 2008, 06:58 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I know two who are decent Scooby owning folk....
Years back several traffic cops in Hull ran their own cossies.

DunxC
Old 16 March 2008, 08:01 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

you may be in the wrong buddy but there still tnuc's in my opinion .
Old 16 March 2008, 10:48 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by abbott
you may be in the wrong buddy but there still tnuc's in my opinion .
They were just doing their job mate... and by the sounds of it very well. They weren't petty when they could have been. The police on the whole do a good and very difficult job... but like in any role there are always one or two idiots who give them a bad name.
Old 16 March 2008, 11:10 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Fair play too you admitting you were in the wrong and the coppers for being tidy about it..

I have been pulled of quite a bit for various reasons, but if your tidy, honest and din't give any lip then they are usually ok.
Old 16 March 2008, 11:20 PM
welsh scoob
Scooby Regular

i didnt know there was a noise level for exhausts, i never seen them test in an MOT. now number plates i have seen them check the spacing on, and check the colours of bulbs etc, but never loudness on exhausts, please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 16 March 2008, 11:48 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by azz250478
Well about an hour ago i got pulled over for overtaking on double white lines,Anyway as soon as i got in their car they said your getting 3 points and £60, fine when asked why i overtook i said "because they where doing 45 in a 60", they said it was erratic driving and thats normal for traffic to be travelling at that speed.
Now i travel on this road every day(not in my car) and it winds me up more than any other in the country, but as they already told me my punnishment thought i best not argue as they probably could have got me for speeding but i didn't honestly know how fast i went past. Plus i just put an afterburner vortex on, they had followed me from beverly town centre and said the exhaust was the reason they followed me.
At this point i thought here we go after all the posts etc on loud exhausts.The officer then said how nice it sounded but had i told my insurance about the aftermarket exhaust and wheels, i had to say no as i only put the exhaust on yesterday and all he said was make sure you tell them and drive safely.
So just thought i'd tell people that in my opinion because i agreed with everything and didn't get clever that they were probably very leniant and decent towards me when they could have made me change the exhaust back and stopped me from driving any further and more than likely speeding too.
All i have to do is take my paper driving license part into the station and thats it. oh and it was an unmarked silver skoda around the beverly area .
Sound like a decent bunch of coppers...pretty fair about the exhaust etc, obviously they used a bit of common sense. I got stopped a few weeks ago for my front plate which was a little bit under the size regulations. instead of telling me to get it changed they charged me . Charges were dropped as long as I sent proof i'd had it changed though so no worries now.
Old 16 March 2008, 11:52 PM
mbayley77
Scooby Regular

I believe that there isnt actually a level of noise for MOT. But it is down to the MOTers discression to an acceptable level of noise.
Old 16 March 2008, 11:58 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

With regards the exhaust, the mot is down to the tester on the day. But the police or vosa can prosecute for an exhaust system being altered or changed to emit more noise. It is very rare, but it does happen.

p.s. didn't mean to go off topic.
Old 17 March 2008, 01:38 PM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

Overtaking on White lines is a NoNo as they are normally at hazardous places, junctions and hidden entrances and obscured bends for example. You were lucky, I would take it on the chin and learn from this momentary driving error if I were in your position. I got pulled over just before Xmas, they did a check on the car (Documents), but I think the Guy that pulled me over was just interested in having a look at the car. Asked if it was excessive to insure but let me off with a ticking off, said I went into a side road at excessive speed, that if someone had stepped out I would not have been able to stop.........! Matter of opinion I reckon, but you can't argue with the law, you will just drop yourself further in it....
Old 17 March 2008, 01:49 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by subarujimmy
Well at least your man enough to admit what you had done wrong, fair play to you.
Sounds like you passed "the attitude test" as well, otherwise they could have been a bit more harsh.
Sounds like they the pigs failed the "attitude test" by following a car simply cos of an exhaust!

Why dont they follow all the foreign, unroadworthy, uninsured pieces of **** rather than someones well looked after pride and joy?

I would have told them an exhaust is no reason to follow a car, and to find something more productive to do!
Old 17 March 2008, 01:52 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyspanners
Overtaking on White lines is a NoNo as they are normally at hazardous places, junctions and hidden entrances and obscured bends for example. You were lucky, I would take it on the chin and learn from this momentary driving error if I were in your position. I got pulled over just before Xmas, they did a check on the car (Documents), but I think the Guy that pulled me over was just interested in having a look at the car. Asked if it was excessive to insure but let me off with a ticking off, said I went into a side road at excessive speed, that if someone had stepped out I would not have been able to stop.........! Matter of opinion I reckon, but you can't argue with the law, you will just drop yourself further in it....
Was your speed measured, iwouldnt have accepted that based on some tw@tty coppers "opinion", i would have taken that to court!
Old 17 March 2008, 01:56 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Sounds like they the pigs failed the "attitude test" by following a car simply cos of an exhaust!

Why dont they follow all the foreign, unroadworthy, uninsured pieces of **** rather than someones well looked after pride and joy?

I would have told them an exhaust is no reason to follow a car, and to find something more productive to do!
My mate was followed early in the morning (he does nights) and has a decatted HKS Super Drager system (just a tad noisey ) and they weren't happy and they said if they catch him again it's a Section 59 for him.

Pretty petty imo as he wasn't being a dick but now the section 59 seems to make a coppers' opinion law
Old 17 March 2008, 01:58 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyspanners
...let me off with a ticking off...
Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Was your speed measured, iwouldnt have accepted that based on some tw@tty coppers "opinion", i would have taken that to court!
You would have insisted on being fined
Old 17 March 2008, 05:47 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

read your post quickly at lunch and thought you got 3 points and a fine based on some coppers opinion, with no proof to back it up, if that was the case (which it wasnt) i would have gone to court and said PROVE i was speeding!

A copper once pulled my mates missus over with me in the car and said she was speeding across a roundabout, i asked him for proof of the measured distance and speed and he shut up and went off to bother someone else, tw@t
My mates bird then said if i wasnt with her she wouldnt have argued with the copper and just accepted the 3 points and a fine he wanted to give her, i wonder how many other young females, and for that matter, anyone who wont question a coppers descisions, have just accepted 3 points and a fine instead of asking for proof?
Old 17 March 2008, 06:34 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

With regards the exhaust, the mot is down to the tester on the day. But the police or vosa can prosecute for an exhaust system being altered or changed to emit more noise. It is very rare, but it does happen.

Happens ALL the time up her in Inverness as said i think there all a bunch of tnucs !!
Old 17 March 2008, 07:24 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by abbott
Happens ALL the time up her in Inverness as said i think there all a bunch of tnucs !!

Who is it that prosecute? The police or vosa?
Old 17 March 2008, 07:29 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Who is it that prosecute? The police or vosa?
the police buddy , they got a real big problem with exhausts here , i wouldnt mind if i was spitting flames out the back of a nur spec (im planning a nur spec for the new one), buuuuuut i was driving my birds 1.5 civic with a sheepdog exhaust system (proper quiet not a kick in the ***** off standard) and they nailed me the bunch of kocks , Inverness police literally are a bunch of fecking jockeys , should be out catchin jakeys but no no no lets annoy drivers
Old 17 March 2008, 08:02 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Mustn't have anything better to do with their time around Inverness.
Old 17 March 2008, 08:27 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

the points were from overtaking on double white lines(all be it the last 10-15 metres of them)but i did do it and there were 2 of them. As they mentioned the (in the officer's words)aftermarket exhaust i didn't want to wind them up to the extent that they made me change the exhaust back, if they had been w**kers then i maybe would have argued but it was a fair cop on their part and i also didn't want my card marked
Old 17 March 2008, 08:38 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

beverly near howden if so they got me their new years day buggers my own fault speeding though as it drops to 30 did me 34 as i was slowing down too