Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Read and pass on peeps it will help us all!

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2008, 10:50 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Read and pass on peeps it will help us all!

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 106.9 p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take
a ggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the
price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at
least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us
sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE
RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.
boycott BP and Esso
Old 19 January 2008, 10:51 PM
fivealive
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems to have been doing the rounds since Noah sailed his Ark on Super Unleaded ........
Old 19 January 2008, 10:53 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

not again.Petrol will never go down significantly deal with it.If fuel is that much of a problem by a hybrid or something.It will be £1.50 this time next year and £2.00 the year after its life im afraid nothing we can do about it
Old 19 January 2008, 10:56 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should of put on my Flame suit me thinks . Sorry all first time I had seen this, Obviously I know we have to deal with it otherwise I would be driving a diesel and not a Scooby but thought I would post anyway just incase
Old 19 January 2008, 10:59 PM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

BP Today £1.15
Old 19 January 2008, 11:02 PM
krisclarkuk
Scooby Regular

how about all park outside downing street... seeing as they are the ones that are making us pay so much for petrol in the way of tax.

these things will never ever ever ever work. blame government first... thats where the problem lays.
Old 19 January 2008, 11:46 PM
fivealive
BANNED

The Government has nothing at all to do with the increases we have seen in the past few months.

I read somewhere that it is an Optional Tax, no-one actually has to pay it or pay as much as they do.
Old 20 January 2008, 12:32 AM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivealive
The Government has nothing at all to do with the increases we have seen in the past few months.

I read somewhere that it is an Optional Tax, no-one actually has to pay it or pay as much as they do.
HAHAHAHA

Are you thick? They increase the tax on it several time in the past year.
A lot of it is ot publicised but when you have family/friends that work for the government then you know what happens.
Old 20 January 2008, 12:44 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Well, oil has gone from $25 to $100 a barrel in the last year or two, so the increase is only partially down to tax rises.
Demand for oil is increasing and reserves are dwindling. Wait till all those Indians start driving about in their £1300 Tata cars! In Shanghai alone there's about 2000 new cars registered every day! It'll soon cost £200 to fill your Impreza tank and £1000 to tax it. Start sending your kids to horse-riding lessons - I've seen the future and its got four legs.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:55 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

it used to cost 30p a litre when i was a small kid....... this takes the ****
Old 20 January 2008, 02:37 AM
Gilesdwrc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Microstar
- I've seen the future and its got four legs.

There's a radio ad down here in Devon for a bike shop chain; "I've seen the future! And it's got pedals!"
Old 20 January 2008, 08:03 AM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Pipeline Cheap Petrol Card For All.

Whatever happened to that????

Regards

Alan MaC
Old 20 January 2008, 08:44 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

BS Spam chain email again.

BUT - there is a simple way to spend less on petrol - drive less or buy a more fuel efficient car.

I dont think many of us on this forum bought an Impreza because we thought it would be 'quite good' on fuel economy.

Petrol costs what it costs, stamping your feet and complaining wont make any difference at all unfortunately. If you cant afford the higher prices then sell the Impreza and get a Diesel Mondeo or similar, or a Hybrid eco sort of car.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:39 PM
krisclarkuk
Scooby Regular

notice i said make us pay so much, not responsible for the increases.

I know that the suppliers have put their prices up etc, but if the government wouldnt add 5 million percent on top (or wahtever if is ) then maybe we would be paying under £1 again.

I remember when petrol was 60p a litre and that was expensive (man im old!)
Old 20 January 2008, 02:04 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You kids ! I remeber paying 78p a GALLON.... and my parents paying 3/6d thats about 17.5 p per gallon.

But as 75% (?) of the cost is tax, thay could have capped the tax revenue and made it easier on us, but choose not to, why turn down all the extra revenue to the government.
At least the Poles, Latvians, etc are having to pay this too !

DunxC