Sponsored by:

VERY ANNOYED

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2002, 07:53 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Why o why do people insist on using my advert selling my impreza as a place to argue the fact of scooby prices or where to sell them, if you want to talk about these issues please use the BL**DY right part of this otherwise excellant website. Mr Moderator is there nothing you can do to stop these people wasting the threads of my and other peoples ad's! IT drives me crazy please please stop if your dont want to make an offer on a car go away!

Good example on katherdannies ad for an sti3, theres some bloke on there asking whether his mate has got any light clusters yet! its got nothing to do with her selling her very nice scoob, and as if his mate is going to check her ad for conversion with his mates anyway!

[Edited by benners - 1/17/2002 8:02:14 PM]
Old 17 January 2002, 07:57 PM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

LOL...its a bark aint it!I feel for ya here..i have had many threads hijacked in my time!!BTW what is the Scooby prices like at the mo...can anyone tell me?
Old 17 January 2002, 09:04 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

This is the advantage or dis-advantage of a very public BBS.

TONY
Old 17 January 2002, 09:08 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

There are squillions (that's a real number you know) of Scoobies for sale on Autotrader, so it's definitely a buyers market it would seem.
Old 17 January 2002, 09:49 PM
Harry Potter
Scooby Regular

Hm second hand cars.......I bought the BRD STi2 development wagon, absolute peach!

I now have some Kiwi bloke giving me a hard time telling me that I have to sell it to him!

Since Glen aka "Kiwi" over here used to tune up Imprezas in NZ and loves a link ..........oh and 6 foot 5 inch 20 stone and hates 22B attempted robbers (Thrown out of Wellington league for bullying famous Sanmoan called "John")

The secret is history, I knew the car was being caned but Bob changed the oil and filter every other trip to the Petrol station

Sod houses with " location, location, location" with our cars its history, history history
Old 17 January 2002, 10:00 PM
RichieC
Scooby Regular

Poor old Benners

I did warn you mate, I suggested (not instructed like the post says its not even my forum) you readvertise but I did say expect exactly the same responses. I can see the point, but if thats not what you want, dont bother advertising it on the BBS and bung it in the Trader/Top Marques. Increasingly For Sale posts are being led off topic, but the subject naturally attracts discussion and as such is welcome. We just need to make sure that these genuine threads arent being hijacked with niff-naff posts and any discussion is definately about the advert there in.

I really dont envy the job of moderating the For Sale forum if we intend to stop people discussing the advert, but maybe a well worded post by the moderator to sit at the top of the forum would do wonders.

Best Regards

Rich
Old 17 January 2002, 10:09 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

can i just ask then what are the disscussion pages for, if discussions should take place in the advert pages? advice is welcome, but asking a friend a question completely nothing to do with the advert........well perhaps i misunderstand the difference between talking about the advertised car and asking your mates questions on their own cars!

[Edited by benners - 1/17/2002 10:12:06 PM]
Old 17 January 2002, 10:15 PM
RichieC
Scooby Regular

Thats not what was said at all Benners, perhaps you should re read it.

I said as welcome as discussion is.............it shouldnt Hijack a genuine Advert. I never mentioned where this should take place but Im afraid its inevitable; who realistically has the time to moderate every chat type post in a For Sale forum?

Thats why I suggested a post to sit at the top of the forum outlining a few guidelines for posting into a For Sale topic.

I quite agree about people discussing mates cars (although Ive never come across this much), of course that doesnt belong in an advert.
Old 17 January 2002, 10:47 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Harry potter, what are you on ABOUT !