Sponsored by:

Third Party Liability @ Donnington

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2000, 11:35 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've always been pleased to offer passenger rides to anyone that meets the criteria at any given track (helmet, wrist-band etc)
Also, I've always been fully insured, either by paying an additional premium with Greenlight (previous insurer) or by using the 'SIDC Scheme' through Egger Lawson.

With Egger Lawson in mind (and the maximum payout within the scheme) am I honestly adequately insured should the worst ever happen and my passenger dies as a result of an accident on the track.

Or, does the form a passenger signs to get their wrist-band, sign away liability of the driver?

Merry Xmas to all Scoobynet members and may we all have a prosperous 2001 (so we can afford the latest goodies on offer )
Old 21 December 2000, 11:46 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

The disclaimer signs away liability to Donington Park Leisure Ltd, no one else.

Eggar Lawson should be able to help out and I believe Puff (James) has already contacted them about a scheme for the day.

Old 21 December 2000, 01:35 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

If you give a ride to someone who has paid Donno £10 for passenger rides, then the liability rides with them - but as they have signed a disclaimer to Donno then basically they're stuffed.

If you give a ride to a m8, then liability would reside with you - but Donno won't let you do that, they have to pay, so...

Also, if you are a homeowner, chances are under your household policy you are covered for some form of public liability insurance. Not only covering your slates falling off your roof, but also if you bump into a Granny & knock her down & she brakes her hip. That would also probably cover you.

Saying to anyone that gets in your car "Your risk" is also a verbal contract & some form of indemnity & means that any claim may be reduced, due to contributory factors.

If you do give a lift to your m8, he can get accident/damage/death cover from Eggar Lawson @ £10.00 per person.

(The first 2 paras & the last are after talking to Nik @ Eggars. The middle 2 are my interpretation of what the situation is & may not be entirely accurate & you have been warned, so don't sue me)

<B>ANYBODY WANTING A LIFT IF PTMW! IS WELCOME - BUT ON THE UNDERSTANDING YOU DON'T SUE ME IF I **** UP </B>

Old 21 December 2000, 02:33 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Pete/Puff.

Cheers guys for trying to clear this up.
I hope I haven't put passengers off, but it was something that suddenly occurred to me.

Georgina @ Eggars has mentioned that there is an additional policy for personal liability. I seem to remember I purchased this for Brands. It wasn't much. I think it covers passengers too but I dont know how much yet. Waiting for the e-Mail

The main reason I brought this up is that, in the event of a serious accident, I would feel duty bound to ensure the person/family were compensated. BUT....not at the expense of my own family.

Everyone still welcome for a ride. Bring a lid, pay your money (and buy a couple of raffle tickets ) but like Puff said, dont sue me for any of my mistakes.

Old 21 December 2000, 03:35 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Dave & Puff,

I trust you both.

Any chance of a ride?

I'll be arriving early with Salsa King & Mike Tuckwood.

Lee
Old 21 December 2000, 04:01 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Of course

But you have been warned

Old 21 December 2000, 04:05 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Puff,

Thanks,

Just for good luck I have the Grim Reaper on the back of my helmet

Lee

Trending Topics

Old 21 December 2000, 05:01 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Lee,

No problem. Can I have a grim reaper sticker too?
Old 21 December 2000, 05:53 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

I'm happy to bring a helmet, a raffle ticket, a clean pair of trousers and a pooper scooper.

Plus a note from me mom saying I am allowed to play with the big boys and absolving them of any and all liability.