Sponsored by:

Country is a shambles - nightmare :(

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 08:38 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This country is a shambles, and service really is going to the dogs as well.

SDB – all references to actual company names etc have been removed for legal reasons – I accept all responsibility for any legal matters and therefore Scoobynet have no worries.

Here is the case – I bought a TV and Video over the Internet from a well-established electrical retailer. Story goes like this though this is brief and from memory – there have been more calls by me to them:

02/12/01 – Buy TV and Video online for £760, instruct them to deliver on 07/12/01 (space for this on their web form)
03/12/01 – Money taken from Credit Card -£760.
04/12/01 – Courier firm have tried to deliver, phone them to re-arrange for delivery 07/12/01
07/12/01 – Wait in all morning, no delivery. Phone courier firm – they forgot to communicate this to the daytime team. Re-arrange for delivery Tues 11/12/01.
11/12/01 – Video arrives. Ask driver if he has TV. Not likely he says – (TV Make) factory burnt down in (Country) on Friday 30/11/01.
11/12/01 – Phone Company who I purchase from, yep TV’s are delayed, should be here soon.
18/12/01 – Phone Company, TV’s still delayed. Should be here in next week in time for Xmas.
20/12/01 – Phone Company, might not get TV til after Xmas now.
24/12/01 – Phone Company, not sure whats happening yet, but will be after Xmas.
29/12/01 – Phone Company, no sign yet, but probably wont get TV til mid Jan!!!
02/01/02 – Phone Company, not sure whats happening, but should arrive in next week or two.
03/01/02 – Phone Company, TV company are shipping 100 units to us on Friday 4th Jan and 100 on Friday 11th Jan, yours will defo be delivered Mon 7th or Tues 8th Jan.
05/01/02 – rental company take away old TV and video – no TV now [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
07/01/02 – Dad waits in our house all day, no delivery.
08/01/02 – Dad is on standby with mobile, and key to my house – NO DELIVERY [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
08/01/02 – Phone Company, sorry, not sure whats happened – manager takes my home and mobile numbers and says he will investigate and call me Wed 09/01/02 first thing.
09/01/02 – NO PHONE CALL [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Email company with nasty email about bad service.
10/01/02 – Still no call – phone them up, ask for name of director. Tell operator the situation – he tells me the TV’s are not due now until Feb [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. Send nasty email to director quoting Sale of goods act 1979, Trading standards office etc.
10/01/02 – Await reply

This is the worst service I have ever received from any company in my life. They took my money six weeks ago and have only delivered a £200 video. I am paying 18% apr on my credit card and it is going to them really. I have phoned, emailed etc etc but STILL they have not got back to me or ever even tried to contact me.

I understand the fire thing, and I would have been happy if they just updated me weekly via email but nothing – terrible!!!

And now to cap my week off, Jolly Green Monster has sent me a K&N up from Kent using a “British method of sending parcels” (Insert company name of choice). I phoned them today to check when it was due and they said it has been delivered yesterday. There is no parcel here as yet and they don’t know where it is. They will ring me tomorrow (Hopefully) to say where it is. However I doubt I will be able to claim on the goods as it was not a sign on delivery process.

JGM – I will still honour the cheque though – I have it enveloped here, just need to get a stamp tomorrow

Rant over – this country really annoys me now [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

DW

Old 10 January 2002, 09:28 PM
Octane Man
Scooby Regular

Hey...

Look on the bright side, you got the video so you can at least record the programmes your missing whilst your TV's floating around the country somewhere

O.M.

I'll get me coat..
Old 10 January 2002, 09:45 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

I can not imagine your patience. I have been trying to get a cable company in the South West London area to install a broad band connection... You would not believe I have been waiting 7 weeks and they still have not been able to solve the problem.

On top of that, they had the cheeck to bill me for the insatllation and the line rental 'I haven't been able to use the ***** thing because it does not work. After 4 visits from various 2 bit half hearted engineers they have still not sorted the problem.

I have written to the Customer services manager with a diary of events, the customer relations manager and Watch dog.

In your case, what I would do is contact your credit card company as soon as possible and cancel the payment. Explain the situation and the company may well be on your side. See what benefits your credit card has and if you can use any of them. You can buy a TV with less hassel and stress elsewhere I am sure...

Then tell the TV company 'stick it where it hurts most'

Good Luck
Old 10 January 2002, 09:48 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

I forgot to ask how did you pay for the car part? If it was credit card, you may be covered (ask the credit card company). It's not your fault if the company has not delivered to the correct address.

As far as you are concerned... you have not received your K&N

Good Luck
Old 10 January 2002, 10:44 PM
slimshady
Scooby Regular

dream weaver,

i am soon to be buying a new tv on the internet aswell, hopefully it is not the same company ; e***** direct ?

slim
ps yes i agree this country does suck when it comes to consumer law
Old 10 January 2002, 11:02 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Slim - email me for details of anything.

Adeel - the K&N is used and bought from a nice chap off Scoobynet - his username is JGM, its not a company. I believe I can claim £20 compensation on the item (or JGM can not sure) from the courier company, but they may find it yet. I am more annoyed about the TV, but having to chase two delivery errors is annoying.

With regards the TV purchase, I would be tempted to say cancel the order etc, but they are priced at £230 cheaper than anywhere so I would lose out in the end financially.

Ho hum

DW
Old 10 January 2002, 11:07 PM
ChrisB

Simon,

Get onto your CC company ASAP and tell them you are disputing the whole charge. They should freeze it (hence no interest on the charge) whilst they investigate.

Chris.
Old 01 October 2002, 09:05 PM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

My utmost sympathy, I've been waiting in all day too for a car part. Just goes to show sometimes it's worth buying from a shop nearby, so you can go and have a right good shout at'em.
(Used to work in a TV/video retailers.)

[Edited by C h a z - 1/10/2002 9:06:43 PM]
Old 01 October 2002, 09:13 PM
Little Miss WRX

Red face

That is appalling.

I learnt that the customer comes first when I was in sales and that you do everything possible to ensure they stay happy because that would mean you had more chance of them returning for more business!
Some of us used to get the point where we physically chased the the guys supplying the goods in order to not miss a sale!
Many an argument occurred with fellow colleagues but we always kept the customer

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 1/10/2002 9:14:36 PM]