Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which got away - the evo or the scoob

did i see a police scooby as well....
Old 07 January 2002, 08:51 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

I think it may have been the scoob that got away

Blooming Evo was slowing it down all through that chase!! Not condoneing obviously..

That police scoob was kinda cool, looked funny seeing on with full police colours though!
Old 07 January 2002, 10:15 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Caught my atention when the commentary said "and the 2 cars are amongst the most desirable to crooks...", well you could see what's coming next.

Just think of the poor sods they pinched those cars from. The Evo burst a back tyre but still drove around the ton - police followed the track cut into the tar. The Scoob got away when they went separate ways at the filling station, and was used later on the same day for an armed robbery.

I didn't spot the exact models, but both were pursued on the m-way at 150mph.

Made me realise I'd be no good as a traffic cop. I'd want to kick the sh*t out of those *******.

Later on they had a jam sandwich Scooby and a big Vaux. with a dog in the back. Would it not be better for them to get a 5dr Scoob and let the dog travel with a bit of comfort?

Mike.
Old 07 January 2002, 10:21 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Red face

Think it was on police, camera, action a while ago, two scum bags had a scoob wagon with an oxy acetlyne kit in the back, going round robbing phone boxes! Reakon the wagon is just as desirable to the thieves as the saloon.
Rob.
Old 07 January 2002, 10:33 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Anybody tape it please?

I was watching Enterprise.

Ta

Ian
Old 07 January 2002, 11:06 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

FYI - copper who saw me after I got my 5dr said that I'd be lucky to keep it longer than a month cos it's a ram-raiders no.1 choice for wheels. Was a very comforting thought.........

I felt sorry for the dog stuck in that Vauxhall but my dad's rottweiler can't actually sit up in the back of my scoob and was always more comfortable in his Rover saloon.

And yeah, it was the scoob that got away (I presume the police were in a Volvo T-5 to do 150mph).
Old 08 January 2002, 07:57 AM
Huge
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Whilst watching thought....w@nkers - my insurance is due this month, wonder how many underwriters are watching??

Not giving the general public a particularly positive view of Scoobies (except that they're fast ).

Hugh
Old 08 January 2002, 08:14 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What was quite worrying that when they were chasing along the motorway, the thieves were lobbing stuff out of the car (presumably anything that would incriminate them even more) and among the items were a load of duplicate Subaru keys.

So, just how easy is it for some scum to drive my car away with a duplicate key? I'd have thought (and indeed hope) not very, given the immobilizer.
Old 08 January 2002, 10:00 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

You couldn't see which model Scoob it was, although it was definitely a pre- new shape 4-door. The Mitsu was an Evo 6. By the sound of it, the chase police car was a Volvo T5. They got the Evo largely because they had to stop for fuel ...

Some of the driving was absolutely bloody terrifying. The Scoob & Evo cut up a white van on the M40 (one going either side just before an artic) causing the white van to swerve halfway across lane 3 at 70 mph .... in front of the chasing T5 which was going at 135mph. How they missed it, I don't know.
Old 08 January 2002, 10:23 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Scoob looked like it could be an RB5. Not sure though.
Old 08 January 2002, 10:36 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Got it on tape anybody???????????

Ian
Old 08 January 2002, 11:26 AM
Steve3drRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Damnit! cant belive i missed this! sounds good!
Old 08 January 2002, 11:35 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

The date on the security tape was 1997. I imagine the date would need to be accurate for evidence purposes? As all the cars where travelling at >150MPH the scoob must have been an import?
Old 08 January 2002, 12:53 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

Wink

maybe a good idea to reduce the fuel tank on the scooby?
Old 08 January 2002, 01:09 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Talking

maybe a good idea to reduce the fuel tank on the scooby
I got a locking fuel cap from Halfords and keep the key with my house key instead of my car key - limits it's usefulness to about 300 miles even if it is nicked when the tank is full.

Couldn't believe that the guy in the Evo stopped for petrol and actually went to pay for it as well!!
Old 08 January 2002, 01:19 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

Wink

...AND they pay for the petrol!!! do they get extra brownie points for that?
Old 08 January 2002, 05:31 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Thought it made good viewing, but I question the need for plod to do all of this chasing. Just yesterday 6 people were interested when one of these chases went wrong.

It was probably worthwhile to chase the scoob and the impreza, 'cos of the robbery that went on. But chasing a Metro please...

The tone of narration really gets my goat. The police are top drivers, highly trained, etc. etc. Don't think this borne out of recent accident stats
Old 08 January 2002, 06:14 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Question

Nigel,

Just a thought if it were your car that had been nicked, be it a Metro, Scoobie or anything else, would you not want it back and those who nicked dealt with?? I have had cars stolen in the past, it's not a nice feeling coming back to an empty space and it's even worse still to be told the car has been found and when you go to collect it you can take it home in a cardboard box.

Appreciate that there are accidents that occur and that sometimes innocent members of the public are hurt (or killed) which is outrageous. However, when you look at the millions of miles that the Police do drive in this country each year, it's not surprising that there will be accidents. It's a case of the Police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Just a thought,
Ed
Old 08 January 2002, 06:35 PM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

If the police didn't chase after criminals who were driving quickly and recklessly, then all criminals would drive quickly and recklessly in the knowledge that they would be allowed to make a clean getaway. It would be like the police not pursuing armed robbers. Very soon, all criminals would turn up with guns.

Like it or not, the police have to give chase every time.
Old 08 January 2002, 07:39 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thought the best part of the prog was the 2 kids who had nicked the car after they had bailed out. Two of them seen running left out of camera. Then a shot of the dog being released. Next shot was one of the kids running back into camera with the dog hanging from his ar*e. Brilliant.
Alasdair
Old 08 January 2002, 07:57 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

What an excellent proving story for the "Evo Vs Scooby" arguement..............I mean come on the guys in the Evo got nicked purely because of its 5hite endurance although the Scoob was reminiscent of the Duracell adverts.................."It just goes on & on & on........"

The two best bits were the "Paying for the Fuel" and as Alasdair said "The dog in hot persuit of an ****"

Old 09 January 2002, 01:44 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Wot a chase.Very dangerous. 90minutes and 150miles. Couldnt help laughing though at the evo stopping then booting it out of the petrol station in front of that copper. By the time the copper got to the exit of the station the evo had taken the third exit off the roundabout.The Letters A.Y.C come to mind. Amazing to see the cars perform though. The subaru looked like an RB5 or an Sti.

scrappy
Old 09 January 2002, 08:22 AM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

The Scooby got away cause they are SOOOO common, they just blended into the backround with all the rest

You could clearly see the EVO pull away from the Scooby up the slip-road. The EVO was that far infront of the police car that they had time for a fuel stop!!

The EVO only lost a tyre due to being hit by the stinger. If it hadn't it would have been a different story.
Old 09 January 2002, 09:41 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

It didn't say if the scum in the scoob ever got caught? Presumably not then or they would certainly have let us know.
Nigel H - Good theory, but it falls down on application to every other crime. If the police decide to do nothing when somone might get injured how safe do you think you money would be in the bank?
Old 09 January 2002, 09:48 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Angry

DavidRB,

And if the police didn't investigate burglaries, muggings and vandalism then everyone would be at a much higher risk of these crimes wouldn't they!!!!!!!!!!

Then again investigating these sort of crimes aren't nearly as much fun as driving cars at 100mph+ legally (???) are they?

Regards,

tiggers.
Old 09 January 2002, 01:09 PM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

I'm sure some policemen do get a kick out of driving quickly, but I imagine plenty more policemen (& women) get a kick out of catching criminals, regardless of how it's done.
Old 09 January 2002, 05:14 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Wink

DavidRB,

Well your imagination has got the better of you then!!!!

Regards,

tiggers