Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Planet Ltd in Warrington? Anyone Dealt with them?

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2007, 01:57 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car Planet Ltd in Warrington? Anyone Dealt with them?

Hiya guys...

Im going to view a Subaru Impreza at Car Planet Ltd in Warrington on Saturday.

Just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them? and if anyone had any feedback with regards to customer service, quality of cars etc.. etc..

Appreciate any info / advice / comments

Thanks

Adz.
The following users liked this post:
Old 12 July 2007, 03:00 PM
andy_s37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not personally had any experience with them myself but a mate of mine was going to buy a car off them. He messed them around something chronic and they were fine with him all the way through. IMHO (and it is only an opinion) the cars are a bit expensive compared to what you will see in the trader or on here and pistonheads, whether this reflects in the quality i cannot say.

Andy.
Old 12 July 2007, 03:48 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Andy, ill bare that in mind when i go to view it.

Im not paying over the odds for a car, hopefully be able to nock them down on there asking price a fair bit.
Old 12 July 2007, 04:39 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One word of warning, depending on which car your looking at, if its an MY06 model, check the manufacture date, anything over 1/1/06 then walk away, if its before that then you should be ok, im not saying anything about the way some companies operate or implying anything, but there are some rather dodgy people out there who do dodgy things to sell cars, and as im aware, there is only one company in the UK that holds the euro IV reports and thats Litchfields.
Ensure you look into everything carefully before you buy (this goes for any imported car)

Tony
Old 12 July 2007, 04:52 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

My evo was imported by them. stunning car never had any problems.
Old 12 July 2007, 05:54 PM
Phil.A
Scooby Regular

I got my spec c of them nice people to do business with

Phil
Old 12 July 2007, 06:09 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

TonyBurns, its a Classic Impreza.

Whats the Euro IV report? if you dont mind me asking.

StudentScooby, thanks for your input.

Phil.A - Again your input is greatly appreciated.
Old 12 July 2007, 07:28 PM
marc394
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine bought a forrester sti of them and its the dogs bollox service was fantastic
Old 12 July 2007, 07:33 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

If its a classic then you dont need to worry about it the euro 4 model reports only effect cars manufactured from 1/1/07

Tony
Old 12 July 2007, 10:50 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
If its a classic then you dont need to worry about it the euro 4 model reports only effect cars manufactured from 1/1/07

Tony
01/01/06
Old 13 July 2007, 05:33 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default andy s37

You cant buy an evo or impreza or forester sti cheaper anywhere in the country than off them ,Ive had an evo 9 and 2 Foresters and the spec c is the eleventh 05 and 05 on the seat belts,if your wondering how I no Ive just phoned and asked the question,never had any probs with them,that spec c is the cheapest on the net
Old 13 July 2007, 07:15 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

blu scoob - thanks for that, im hoping its going to be fine. From what ive heard they seem to be a top company.
Old 13 July 2007, 07:41 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by blu scoob
You cant buy an evo or impreza or forester sti cheaper anywhere in the country than off them ,Ive had an evo 9 and 2 Foresters and the spec c is the eleventh 05 and 05 on the seat belts,if your wondering how I no Ive just phoned and asked the question,never had any probs with them,that spec c is the cheapest on the net
The 05 on the seatbelts wont tell you what the manufacture date of the car is, just the manufacture date of that item
You need to check the chassis number to see when the car was produced, should be in the paperwork also

Tony
Old 13 July 2007, 07:47 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blu scoob
I beg to differ
Old 14 July 2007, 01:19 AM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

I have never had any problems.
Good company -
Old 14 July 2007, 09:31 AM
Big-G
Scooby Regular

I've bought 2 cars off them during the last 4 years (Mitsi Delica & my present Wagon), top guys, top service, I even get xmas cards from them.
Old 14 July 2007, 09:52 AM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your replies, all very much appreciated.

I shall keep you's informed.

Adz.
Old 14 July 2007, 09:05 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

Well guys, just thought id update those who are interested lol

Made the trip down to Car Planet Ltd in Warrington today, with the intentions of going to buy a facelife impreza wrx.

Thought id give me opinion of my experience...

Arrived and was quite surprised at the cars they had on offer, from first glance they had a range of imprezas, evo's, mr2's, integras etc.. etc... all looked in tip top condition.

Spotted the impreza i was interested in, went straight over to it to give it the once over.... to be perfectly honest i wasnt WOW'd by it....

The following things i wasnt impressed with...
- all laquer on spoiler flaked off
- poorly fitted skirts and spats
- Interior had a foisty smell
- Interior had not been cleaned or valeted in any way
- No headunit at all
- Damaged steering wheel
- no TAX offered with the car

So some people think, well what do you expect for a 2nd had imported car.... but to be fair, for £4650 you would expect the car to have certian bits n bobs sorted.

I feel that the car was just imported, pictures taken and wacked onto the autotrader straight away without any additional work carried out to make the car worth the asking price.

We also had a good look at some other cars there, some were missing wheels and had spare wheels on, some had panels that didnt line up, some had very rough looking interiors and for the condition of the majority of the cars the prices were not back up by the quaility of car.

I didnt even bother test driving it, as i wasnt impressed by just looking at the car, so driving it wasnt going to convince me.

Now some people may thing im just being picky and fussy, but personally if im spending that sort of money on a car, i expect a respectable quailty of car and condition, this just wasnt the case at Car Planet Ltd.

I was already advised that the car was slightly over priced, and after looking at it, i wouldnt have offered no more than £4000.

When asking on various forums i got some very positive feedback and had high expectations, unfortunately i was very disappointed.

Thats my personal opinion, others may disagree.

Adz.
Old 14 July 2007, 09:18 PM
AlexJReid
Scooby Regular

You should have seen the state of my STI 3 when it came off the boat. However I'd much rather it was minor, easily resolved cosmetics but sound mechanically than if it was a polished turd.

Also I'm by no means well off but I'd not say £4K (or even £14K) is really a lot of money for a car.

Regardless though, it is your money ... and there are plenty more to choose from.
Old 14 July 2007, 09:27 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

Maybe its me being picky i dunno, but my mate who took me down also thought the same.

Personally 4.5k is definatley alot of money to a 22 yr old, who's saved the lot up from scratch. I aint willing to waste it on a car that i wasnt happy with.
Old 14 July 2007, 09:33 PM
AlexJReid
Scooby Regular

Just remember the type of car an older Scoob is - many/most will have had a hard life so you'll do well to find a minter. That's not to say they don't exist, though - best of luck in your search! Also hope the insurance isn't too bad....
Old 14 July 2007, 09:44 PM
adz_si
Scooby Regular

Alex, im not after a "minter" im just after a one which is in good condition, like i said my expectations were high.

Having never bought a car from a garage / dealer, i would expect interiors to be valeted atleast lol its not alot to ask and costs next to nothing.

If the interior was clean and acceptable i would have considered it, but i couldnt look at paying that sort of money, then having to get it valeted myself. Its not alot of money, but its just, i assumed, common practice to give cars for sale a good thorough clean inside and out. After all its the garage / dealers reputation.