ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bob Rawle re-map!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2007, 10:03 PM
durry300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Bob Rawle re-map!!!

Had my MY03 JDM Sti re-mapped by Bob yesterday. It was a great experience and the car is transformed!!

354 bhp/372 ft/lbs- (this was got with several mods, main one being full decat)- really pleased with the results. Bob's a great bloke and is more than happy to answer any technical questions (map related or otherwise!!).

My car definately needed the re-map- would recommend Bob highly!!

Cheers
Old 08 July 2007, 11:07 PM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

Had my P1 done by Bob also, top man as far as i am concerned. Has time for the client a rare person these days.
Old 09 July 2007, 01:52 AM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Bl**dy Hell James..!!! That thing must fly now matey..!!!

Where's my commission from B.R. for recommending him to you..?!!
Old 09 July 2007, 11:23 AM
durry300
Scooby Regular

Hi Nige, well pleased with the results from re-map!!! It was great feeling the car get faster & faster & faster & faster....... Excellent torque low done too!!! Mainly due to twin scroll and level headers!!! Will bell you soon to arrange a viewing.

I did hear Bob's name from you first but this guy pops up everywhere in mapping circles!!

How's your car going???
Old 09 July 2007, 01:05 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

told you you wouldn't be disappointed
Old 09 July 2007, 02:54 PM
durry300
Scooby Regular

Yep, you were right pippyrips!!!
Old 10 July 2007, 11:49 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

How much is he charging for a re-map? I keep hearing good things about him everywhere i go, i just need to save up.
Old 11 July 2007, 07:48 AM
J_sca001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by durry300
Had my MY03 JDM Sti re-mapped by Bob yesterday. It was a great experience and the car is transformed!!

354 bhp/372 ft/lbs- (this was got with several mods, main one being full decat)- really pleased with the results. Bob's a great bloke and is more than happy to answer any technical questions (map related or otherwise!!).

My car definately needed the re-map- would recommend Bob highly!!

Cheers
I will be having mine done in the next few weeks. How much did it cost in total and what remap does Bob use. And where is he as well?

How did you get so much from a JDM STI, was it 280 BHP like mine before the map and what mods did you have??
Old 11 July 2007, 08:59 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by J_sca001

How did you get so much from a JDM STI, was it 280 BHP like mine before the map and what mods did you have??
Bob was one of the first to get hold of a Twin Scroll and play around with developments of what works and what does not work.

The results of the R&D exercise speak for themselves and also the comments from all the remapped JDM drivers

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...phase-2-a.html
Old 11 July 2007, 01:29 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

My car is currently sat at those kind of levels. Just umming and arring on what to do next. Should I leave as is and enjoy or go for Turbo change and re-map? I like the current response but don't want to sacrifice this in search of more power and torque. I basically want the best of both worlds. Turbo change, same response and 420bhp sounds good to me. I think I maybe living in a dream world though.
Old 11 July 2007, 03:34 PM
J_sca001
Scooby Regular

We only live once as i nearly found out a while back, if you have the money go for it!!!
Old 11 July 2007, 04:16 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Who is Bob Rawle and whats a re map do ? Can Bob fit dump valves please ?
Old 11 July 2007, 09:34 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I thought you were one of the "experts."

bob.rawle@btinternet.com
He maps in Swindon and Twikenham on weekends and occasionally on an evening. He was the first external person to run an Ecutek dealership and that arrangement lasted for about 18 months. He has been involved with Ecutek on a continual programme of development. Bob is probably the top Ecutek mapper not just in the UK but in the world. He has done a lot of R & D.
To explain further, the ignition and fuelling and boost of your car is controlled by the ECU. Electronic Control Unit. This is located in the front passenger footwell. Because all cars have different requirements in terms of spark, fuel and boost amongst other things there are gains to be had by making adjustments to the ECU to tailor the ECU settings to the particular requirements or modifications on a specific vehicle.
Generally a laptop is plugged into the ECU to allow live mapping so that fuel can be added or removed, similarly ignition can be added or removed as required and it is possible to run at an increased boost level if that is desirable. Altering the ECU settings is called remapping because the ECU has a map sometimes revs against pressure or whatever with differing values for different load sites.

If you purchase the dump valve from Bob Rawle he may be prepared to fit it. Why not ask him yourself but I can tell you he isn't interested in fitting a dump valve if he is not remapping the car. He is a top mapper not a mechanic. In fact, fitting a dump valve is such an easy job my partner is capable of doing it and she has no mechanical knowledge.

I hope you are more enlightened.
Old 11 July 2007, 09:42 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Aghhhh gotcha, so Bob owns a company that makes maps and atlas`s and in his spare time he makes ECU`s for the people on here to make their their cars go faster. Good un Bob, well in fella.