Sponsored by:

Was anyone at Sweet Lamb ???

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2000, 12:37 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

If you at were Sweet Lamb did any of you see the Rocket that was fired from the river bank and landed in between 3 lads sat on the hill above the bowl between the 2 roads hidden under umbrellas if so that was me amd I would like to return the rocket stick to the owner and have words as that was to close for comfort, ask my boxer shorts !!!!
Old 28 November 2000, 12:43 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Sheesh!
Old 28 November 2000, 01:11 PM
JohnH#2
Scooby Regular

Angry

I was sitting behind you! We had the big torch and an air horn. It was all a bit serious with some of the fireworks coming in our direction - I would do more than return the stick if those people come to light! Great time though - and only 20 mins to get out afterwards. Organisation here was a lot better than before - Brechfa was not!

Well done Richard, sorry it wasn't the big one as well.

As a matter of interest is B6 ***, P1, on here, we saw each other twice on Saturday - at Resolfen then at Margam.

John P1 5***
Old 28 November 2000, 01:45 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Question

John was your the rather nice P1 with the pillows and quilts in the back. if the reg is what I think.
Old 28 November 2000, 01:49 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

I heard about this Darren - hope you are Ok. I was 'over the hill' in Hafren proper.
I have been convinced that someone is going to be seriously hurt at Sweet Lamb for some time.
BL**** LUNATICS!

Chris
Professional Pyromaniac
Old 28 November 2000, 01:54 PM
JohnH#2
Scooby Regular

Could be

Not so nice at the moment - rather muddy plus a few scratches on the front spoiler from getting into the southern car park at Rhonda - it works a bit like a bulldozer in the ruts!

Managed to get sparking front wheels during some rapid braking on the Motorway as well

Car now on baby transport duty again
Old 28 November 2000, 07:40 PM
jason white
Scooby Newbie

Darren,
I was there sitting about ten yards to your right hand side, it started off being a bit of a laugh, then things got out of hand and very dangerous. I take it you are talking about the rocket that hit the bank before it exploded!
I didn't have my Scooby there, I find my Transit much more comfortable as it is converted to sleep me and four mates plus still carries all of our gear and 4 mountain bikes. + BEER of course.
I did see about 8 scoobs come in together though was one of these yours?

Jason
Old 28 November 2000, 08:26 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

I was at Sweet Lamb to, and I thought that some of the firework-antics were getting out of hand - esp. the one to which everyone is referring to.

And this was no puny rocket that goes 'pop' either - it was a huge great thing which exploded over a radius of about 10 - 15 yards!

There was a message over the tannoy to these idiots, and things did start to calm down shortly afterwards.

Otherwise a very enjoyable evening.

Did anyone else spot the silver Irish-plated MY01 Scoob parked in the main car park? Think yourself lucky if you didin't!

Dave
Old 28 November 2000, 09:58 PM
silver
Scooby Regular

Was at Sweet Lamb, DMB MY99.
Had a great time, fireworks entertaining, mate did get hit on the leg by part of rocket though.
Nightmare drive out from stage on the Llangurig to Rhayader road. How come police were only interested in catching speeding cars to make a quick buck rather than sorting out the traffic at the crossroads in Rhayader?
Old 29 November 2000, 08:15 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yes it was the rocket that stuck in the bank and went with one hell of a bang and then had me watching were the next one was coming from for the rest of the night, and yes I did see the new shaped Impreza as I was parked about 20 yards from it in my MY98.

Darren.