Sponsored by:

why do they do it?

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2007, 08:18 PM
stevolang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do they do it?

Pulling out of BandQ today with the wife and kids and a boot full of top soil in my 2005 sti ppp and noticed in the rear view that some lad in a 06 fiesta st was right up my ****. Now im not one to react,but for the next three miles or so it was as if he was connected to my tow bar(not that i've got one) so this was really starting to wind me up a little,hence at the next set of lights(when he pulled along side me) i decided to show him up a little! He had what looked like a very pretty girl sitting next to him,so why do they show themselves up like that? I shouldn't have reacted especially with the kids in the car,but they really wind you up! It ruined my morning cos she was nagging me for the next couple of hours!
Old 09 April 2007, 08:28 PM
decepticon
Scooby Regular

know what you mean it really winds me up seeing people in front of me on the back of someone else's ****.
came back from fakenham races today following my gf's dad who over took a 45mph driver, once he cleared had plenty of room so i over took as well, mid way past and a mobile bl88dy caravan came round the corner ahead. i carried on and pulled in-safe as. he started flashing his lights, pipping his horn and jestured 'w8anker signs at me.
even gf's dad in front saw him and couldn't believe it. he said there was plenty of room spare and i was carrying his 3 daughters.
some drivers are just born d8cks
rant over
Old 09 April 2007, 08:28 PM
reverend-jim
Scooby Newbie

coz they do mate.. i get it all the while in my 2
let me introduce myself. i,ve just joined..
names jim, (40) got an mr2 at the mo.(its my 7th one,)
i,m looking at a subaru wrx now as a second car..
(spent too much on the 2 to sell her !!)
esp since having a drive in my mates wrx..
(he nicely lent it to me for 3 days...top man !!)
my mr2 btw!

as i say just joined so looking for tips / advice on buying.
got a budget that i want to stick to off £10k.
Old 09 April 2007, 08:42 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevolang
It ruined my morning cos she was nagging me for the next couple of hours!

sounds like my mum, sometimes its got to be done
Old 09 April 2007, 08:42 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

People who tailgate like that simply have too much no claims bonus. Quick jab of the brakes, one whiplash claim later and you have a free holiday from them
Old 09 April 2007, 08:55 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

i must confess to being a bit of a child with tailgaters, foot off the gas and slow down to the point where they try to overtake them i set off again just to **** them off

slowest so far was 10 mph, but he got the message and dropped back
Old 09 April 2007, 09:02 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll have to remember that one

In my old 309 some dozy bint in a ford ka sat right up my **** for 3 miles well a sharp blind bend approched and i swung hard round that corner whilst her car carried on straight

needless to say she wouldn't come 200yds of my car after that one

God i hate tailgaters
Old 09 April 2007, 09:03 PM
pitcha44
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
People who tailgate like that simply have too much no claims bonus. Quick jab of the brakes, one whiplash claim later and you have a free holiday from them
i know wot your saying but when youve got your little un sat between you and them its a different story

i had 1 d*ck earlyer on today in his corsa window down music full blast trying to get past me pulled up along side me at the lights. so i give it a rev or to and he does the same. have a look at each other and its game on. lights go green and i just sat there at him.i was turning left by the way.
Old 09 April 2007, 09:14 PM
muttly66
Scooby Regular

it is nice to watch them try and follow you round a corner at speed then see the look on the face in mirror when they realise they aint got a scooby
Old 09 April 2007, 10:35 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
People who tailgate like that simply have too much no claims bonus.
Either that or they are......................

Female
Foreign
BMW drivers
White van drivers
Or more often than not UNINSURED

I REALLY, REALLY ,REALLY HATE TAILGATERS.
Old 10 April 2007, 11:36 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I agree, tailgaters are a pain. But I dont mind them as much as those who don't indicate on rounabouts; I just pull out on these.

Another pet hate is mobile phone users.

In general though it seems that scoobies are treated with a bit of contempt by other road users. I'm convinced some road users think Imprezas are all bark and no bite. Its very satisfying when I get some fool who appears to think that take me on especially during those seconds of turbo lag at the lights. They think they've got you when they pull a car length ahead until you blast past.

I have as much fun going into bends with some fool on my a*se who realises they can't make the turn at the same speed.

My Impreza ain't the quickest but I fitted Eibachs and thursday fitting Brembo calipers, discs and pads all round. Can't wait.

Anyone interested in a pair of Subara 4 pots? I'll chuck in the 2 pots aswell. The discs are worn but the calipers are good.
Old 10 April 2007, 11:45 AM
Minitrue
BANNED

Location: The Ministry of Truth. War is Peace: Freedom is Slavery: Ignorance is Strength

Originally Posted by reverend-jim
got a budget that i want to stick to off £10k.
Despite being an enthusiastic Classic owner, Id suggest that you look for a gently driven and un-modified Bug (the first of the New Age -Y/51-52/03- cars). Theyre not pretty but with the good £3,000 that youll have left over you can buy some JDM STI headlamps, whichll make a massive improvement. With the rest Id be looking for a sports cat downpipe an ECU-TEK remap, a H&S exhaust, some simple and cheap chassis mods and a set of Brembo STI brakes (and maybe a larger turbocharger; was anyone keeping count? Youd have enough anyway because you can get a decent car for closer to £6k if you look for the right colours and sellers...).

Who's your daddy, eh? Who's your daddy?

MoT
Old 10 April 2007, 12:29 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by muttly66
it is nice to watch them try and follow you round a corner at speed then see the look on the face in mirror when they realise they aint got a scooby
Yeah right, love it when the salesman in his new rep-mobile trys to take you on and then realises how usless his 140BHP is in the real world
Old 10 April 2007, 12:34 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bob r
Either that or they are......................

Female
Foreign
BMW drivers
White van drivers
Or more often than not UNINSURED

I REALLY, REALLY ,REALLY HATE TAILGATERS.
So if you are a Foreign, female driving an uninsured white BMW estate you are well fooked
Old 10 April 2007, 12:42 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

The last little shister that sat 1" from my bootlid showing off to his girlfriend got a shock when I got out of my motor walked up to his window and asked if he could back off as he was scaring my kids, he went a nice shade of red and his girlfriend b****cked him ?
Old 10 April 2007, 01:43 PM
impreza_terzo3_no257
Scooby Regular

I had some t**t in a bmw aswell right up my ****, little flick of the anti lag 3 bangs and he basically stopped lol love the anti lag.
Old 10 April 2007, 03:59 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I actually reported a (pikey) white van man to the police this morning for:

Tailgating
Using a mobile phone (with neither hand on the steering wheel)
and threatening behaviour (after I gestured to him to suggest the error of his self-pleasuring ways - and yes, I told the Police I called him a ****** as well; might as well be honest about the full story!)

Received a call from the police just after dinner saying the reg I gave them didn't come up as a Transit Van.... so they're going to keep an eye out for it.

I'm just hoping they don't come looking for my Impreza now.