Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does having PPP add to the trade-in value?

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2007, 07:19 PM
sm9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much does having PPP add to the trade-in value?

Hi there,

I'm looking to trade in my 54 reg Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon with PPP to a national car dealer (not main dealer). Can anyone tell me how much the PPP adds to the book value of this vehicle please?

The salesman is telling me he doesn't recognise or value it at all, but surely it's got to be worth something?

Thanks,

Ste
Old 04 April 2007, 07:35 PM
prodrive SL
Scooby Regular

Subaru dealer told me about 500. Non subaru dealer just shrugged like I was leaving some spare change in it, and said it's worth nothing.
Old 04 April 2007, 07:41 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

In a non Subaru main stealer garage i would say next to nothing as it wont mean a thing to the salesman.
If you are buying from a main dealer no doubt its a good excuse to bump the price up though.
Nik.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:33 PM
sm9
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies. Damn, I'm disappointed with that.

Ste
Old 04 April 2007, 10:34 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

The garage I bought my car from kept on bragging about the PPP and the headlight conversion, saying that thousands had been spent already, so its a case of "Depends what garage" and their knowledge of what that actually have on the forecourt.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:37 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I bought my car with PPP, 18" Prodrive P1 alloys, Morettes.. - and I still got it for under book price for a '02 Prodrive-style STI.

Most 'normal' dealers haven't got a clue, so unfortunatly for you, its probably not worth much at all to them.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:59 PM
little rick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Russ71
The garage I bought my car from kept on bragging about the PPP and the headlight conversion, saying that thousands had been spent already, so its a case of "Depends what garage" and their knowledge of what that actually have on the forecourt.
Big difference between buying and selling

If you're selling they'll point out even the tiny marks and say how this bit and that bit are worth nothing

If you're buying all of a sudden mud flaps and carpets are worth £££
Old 05 April 2007, 07:17 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sm9
Hi there,

I'm looking to trade in my 54 reg Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon with PPP to a national car dealer (not main dealer). Can anyone tell me how much the PPP adds to the book value of this vehicle please?

The salesman is telling me he doesn't recognise or value it at all, but surely it's got to be worth something?

Thanks,

Ste
If you don't mind me asking, how much has he offered and what are you trading in against?
Old 05 April 2007, 12:05 PM
Laura W
Scooby Regular

I've just bought a "standard 280 bhp" MY 06 STI...which strangely enough had a prodrive exhaust and, shoved in the back of the service history, all the docs for a PPP. F*ckin idiots! That's why non-sub dealers don't give you the money coz lots of them know nowt about them. But it sold the car to me!!

Doesn't help you mind!
Old 05 April 2007, 04:47 PM
sm9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
If you don't mind me asking, how much has he offered and what are you trading in against?
Thanks for all the other replies.

It's a bit of a complicated one, but basically, I bought a car last April and even though they assured me it was mint condition and had never been in a crash, once up on a ramp and the under-bonnet tray was removed (during a service), I found out it had been in a crash and had been repaired. Although it looks fine on the outside, underneath had lots of damaged parts (when I say damaged, I mean, parts that had been bent back into place). Nothing major, but still enough to add up to around £1k if you got it repaired properly, and enough to damage the normal resale value (as I'd never sell a car without declaring stuff like this, as the come-backs are just not worth it).

So, and bearing in mind I have a baby due to be born tomorrow (my first), I'm trading it for a...wait for it...a Vauxhall Zafira Turbo Diesel! A 150ps model, 2006, either Design or SRi.

So he's offering me a part-ex and says he's giving me the book price as if it was in excellent condition, and is also selling me the Zafira at the equivilent price.

So he's offering £10,800 for the Impreza (54 reg, WRX, 5 Door, PPP, 23k miles, FDSH), and wants £12,500 for the Zafira. I'm just trying to get a few hundred more for the Impreza but he's playing hard ball. But I really want this sorted out now.

I'm just annoyed that I spent £500 on it a few weeks ago by buying four new Goodyear F1's a few weeks ago, had a 4 wheel alignment done, and had an interim service too!

Thanks,

Ste
Old 05 April 2007, 05:47 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sm9
Good luck for tomorrow......and your missus
Old 05 April 2007, 06:04 PM
sm9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy boo
sm9
Good luck for tomorrow......and your missus
Thanks mate. Although the baby's due tomorrow, I think she'll probably go overdue. Hopefully, any time now though!

Ste
Old 07 April 2007, 12:16 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by little rick
Big difference between buying and selling

If you're selling they'll point out even the tiny marks and say how this bit and that bit are worth nothing

If you're buying all of a sudden mud flaps and carpets are worth £££
Totally agree.