Sponsored by:

td05 20g

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 12:23 AM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default td05 20g

Where's the best places to purchase a td05 20g, or is it better to get my original td05 converted. Trying to go for the best option.
Some places in the uk sell on an exchange basis, but there is a place on ebay that do the td05 20g brand new for around the £500 mark, coming from japan. In two minds, sounds a good deal, with it being brand new, and means i'll keep my original td05 for a spare or sell on. Anyone had any dealings with this ebay chap, warehousejapan. Any info on this subject and possible which direction to take would be most helpfull in making my mind up.
Old 03 April 2007, 12:48 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

AndyForrestPerformance
Old 03 April 2007, 10:33 AM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
Yeah spoke to andy. £550 plus vat + exchange for my td05.

Like i say, this chap on ebay does them for £495 brand new, and no exchange , so i get to keep my own tdo5 as a spare or sell it on to recoup a bit of money, but i really need to know if anyone has any feedback on this blokes turbo's and has anyone bought a turbo from him on ebay (warehousejapan)
Just trying to weigh up the best option.
Old 03 April 2007, 10:41 AM
fwdnutz
Scooby Regular

Location: 24hr endurance driving tracks by day, Trucks by night!!!

hi m8 i too had seen these and was wondering about them myself only thing i can suggest is that at least with Andy f if there is a fault with the turbo he would more than likely be able to repair or replace, when obviously if buying from japan and it don`t work correctly a lot of myther to get it changed and there is the dreaded import tax if you are not lucky! sometimes a cheap bargain aint always a bargain in the long run! and anyways there are always td05`s popping up on ebay all the time i have a spare on here now if you are interested is used but worked fine when removed
Old 03 April 2007, 10:48 AM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fwdnutz
hi m8 i too had seen these and was wondering about them myself only thing i can suggest is that at least with Andy f if there is a fault with the turbo he would more than likely be able to repair or replace, when obviously if buying from japan and it don`t work correctly a lot of myther to get it changed and there is the dreaded import tax if you are not lucky! sometimes a cheap bargain aint always a bargain in the long run! and anyways there are always td05`s popping up on ebay all the time i have a spare on here now if you are interested is used but worked fine when removed
thanks for your reply. yes can be risky, if it fails etc. it says it has a 3 month warranty, but like you say, he's in japan, so a bit of a chew on etc. if any probs.
i also have the option of getting my original converted locally for around the £450 mark, but with seeing these on ebay brand new, i'm tempted.
i've actually tried to contact some other people that have bought turbo's off him in japan, via his feedback score etc, but have'nt heard anything as of yet.
Old 03 April 2007, 09:42 PM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

Anyone else have any suggestions. cheers.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:12 PM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

any opinions much appreciated.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:20 PM
burns
Scooby Regular

Stick with an andy F turbo,you know it will be an excellent piece of kit and help with any problems is only a phone call away.Also one of Andy's turbos normally carries a slight premium if you ever decide to sell it at a later date.
Old 04 April 2007, 10:26 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

Also don't forget you will have to pay duty on it around $100 that is what I paid for mine. You are better off getting it from here as if anything breaks you will not have a problem???
Old 04 April 2007, 10:32 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

If the turbo is being bought from Japanwarehouse ive heard that these dont produce nearly as much power as a genuine Andy F turbo i think there has been a few posts about these people on here might be worth a search

My advice is to stick with the original article from a well known and respected supplier just my opinion of course,as you are welcome to waste your money wherever you wish
Old 04 April 2007, 11:04 PM
stevepulleyman
Scooby Regular

thanks, good advice , much appreciated.