Sponsored by:

STOLEN IMPREZA

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2000, 08:58 PM
Colin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

About 2 hours ago (6:30pm, Mon 20-Nov-00) my house was ransacked (for spare keys) and my Impreza stolen.

Anyone information, please email me on Impreza2LT@aol.com

The good news is my boost controller was not plugged in at the time, so every time they floor it, the engine will cut. The bad news is I just spent £1,600 on a new brake upgrade, plus £800 on a service last Friday.

Details: MY97 5 door green Impreza P136 RUU, sunroof, aircon, brembo brakes, 16" (MY98) wheels, boost gauge, cibies, wiring harness plugged into ECU (under floor).

Stolen from Uxbridge area, 6:30pm, Mon 20-Nov-00.

Thanks,

Colin
Scoobyless.
Old 20 November 2000, 09:03 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to here that Colin, I'll keep an eye out.

Mike
Old 20 November 2000, 09:13 PM
JayRaj
Scooby Regular

Angry

Colin,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be on the look out too.

What has happened to the Uxbridge area over the last few years?? It's getting worse by the minute!

Cheers

Jay
Old 20 November 2000, 09:14 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just about to reply to your mail on IWOC Colin,

Very sorry to hear your news, hope you were out at the time. Do you have any security systems on your house? Had a walk down to an alarm going off the other night as everyone else was ignoring it! Did they take anything else from the House?

Read in the paper today that the government is to get tough on carcrime, we have heard all this before, a few hours of community service is all they will get if caught.

Hope you get it back quickly with little damage or perhaps you would prefer not to get it back.

Sorry again

Lee
Old 20 November 2000, 09:15 PM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hmmmmm.......not the first this week from that neck of the woods.
Old 20 November 2000, 09:24 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Colin,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I to have suffered a scooby theft and know how you must be feeling. Good luck with the insurance.

Cannot think of a fitting punishment for theft of this nature; ransacked home, second most valuable possesion (probably) taken from you.

StuartH - if they are caught will the be done for aggrevated burglary etc? What will the likely community service hours be? Will they get painting or tree chopping?

Sorry to appear sarcastic but the punishment these w****** get makes me mad.

Old 20 November 2000, 09:29 PM
Andy-D
Scooby Regular

Angry

$hit, this stinks.

Sorry to hear the very bad news Colin, I will also keep an eye out as I live VERY close to Uxbridge too.

I hope the Insurance payout is as smooth as these things can be.

Gutted for you.
Old 20 November 2000, 09:32 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

this sucks it begs the question 'what would you do if you caught them?'.

I'd like to think that a good hiding wouldn't be good enough for them but it's unfortunate that they would probably have strength in numbers and weapons

I hope everything gets sorted out...
Old 20 November 2000, 10:37 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry

Colin

Very sorry to hear this

Pics are from Brands

** Note Sunroof ** Not usual on a scoob **

Good Luck.
Old 20 November 2000, 10:42 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

What have the police done since the car was stolen Colin?
Old 20 November 2000, 11:30 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Angry

grrr
Old 20 November 2000, 11:42 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hey Cem,hows the evolution?
Old 20 November 2000, 11:50 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Angry

ucking farseholes
Old 21 November 2000, 12:04 AM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Question

Hey Colin have ye tried to go out and look for the car yourself?
Old 21 November 2000, 02:04 AM
Colin
Scooby Regular

Angry

Thanks for everyones comments. Especially Puff for the pics - I'll print them out and give to the police tomorrow - they're coming back to collect some evidence - there's a good boot print on the kitchen floor. Not that I expect it will make much difference.

The police, although friendly and helpful, I got the feeling it was just another crime with little chance of a lot happening, but we shall see.

The car was obviously a focussed target - they left my £500 camera and various other expensive things on the bed - whilst rummaging through everything.

Also missing is a sharp kitchen knife, my Arai crash helmet, my motorbike keys (but left the bike), a pot of coins and a pillow case (taken off my pillow - maybe for the coins!? The pot was left). Obviously I'll be moving the motorbike first thing tomorrow.

They also left the owners handbook/service record out, suggesting they're not interesting in selling it but probably for a bank job or something?

I'm actually relieved I wasn't in the house at the time. (As an aside, about 10 years ago I was alone in my parents house when a couple of thugs broke in. Fortunately local undercover police were watching and waiting and rammed their car as they tried to escape - so they don't always get away!)

Anyway I'll send an update regarding the insurance claim and any recovery etc.

Thanks again for the support.
Old 21 November 2000, 08:42 AM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear of your loss. I was gutted last year when I had a £1000 mower stolen from the garden shed. I can't imagine how I would feel losing scooby to some lowlife. Hope things sort themselves out soon.

All the best, merlin
Old 21 November 2000, 08:52 AM
Peter L
Scooby Regular

Angry

Colin

You have my condolences. Hope everything goes smoothly during your claim and that you are not scoobless for too long.

Peter
Old 21 November 2000, 01:33 PM
ColinW
Scooby Newbie

It's also worrying that the theft occurred shortly after a service, I think this has happened before (and there was a thread about it).
Or am I being paranoid ?
Old 21 November 2000, 01:38 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Question

Where was the service done?? At a Subaru dealer or a local tuning company??

Think this is the post you were talking about?
Old 21 November 2000, 03:57 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Angry

Again, I'm sad to hear your news, and will be keeping an eye out.

I didn't know there was a problem in the Uxbridge area - which surrounding areas are suffering, or is it just Uxbridge?

Good luck.
Old 21 November 2000, 08:50 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Colin
Sorry to hear about the theft. Saw their gonads off with a rusty hacksaw when they are caught.
Old 21 November 2000, 11:08 PM
waynelivesey
Scooby Regular

Not in this case,but when you next buy a second hand car and fill in your details on the v5,how da ya know that the previous owner hasnt got another spare set of keys and alarm fob etc? He could leave it a while and simply come and drive away in your 20grand pride and joy! He`s already knows where ya live!..?
Old 21 November 2000, 11:54 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wayne,

it pains me to admit that this is a good question - if the car were parked on the street or on an open drive then your scenario would work perfectly - car could disappear wihout much evidence. The only drawback would be "do the risks outweigh the benefits?" - if you had legitimately sold a 20K car then you must have a fair bank balance and therefore would it be worth the risk of stealing the car when you know that it would only be worth a fraction of the true market value.

StuartH - (sorry if my earlier comments appeared a little harsh - it's the courts who decide the punishment, not the officers who catch the toe-rags, who need to apply a more befitting punisment - like chopping a hand off; or equivalent) - have you ever heard of/come across this kind of theft?

Old 22 November 2000, 08:22 AM
zippo
Scooby Regular

Angry

All this is starting to get out of hand. I had a WRX stolen a few months ago having been serviced in the Uxbridge area (Power Engineering). I know this is not the first post relating to stolen Scooby's in this area, but it really smacks of something quite sinister having spoken to numerous people who have had there car serviced at PE
(EVO4, STI5 and 2 FTO's). All of these cars have gone walkies. I am in NO WAY pointing the finger in ANY direction, however please feel free to make your own conclusions. I have now replaced my Scoob with another one, spent hundreds on security and almost live in fear every day of it disappearing. I had a Cobra CAT 1/2 alarm/immob fitted and it now transpires (from a very reliable source )that any scub bag can break the alarm housing, cut 2 wires inside the alarm and re-route said wires (I dont know where to). You will still get the audiable sound to make you believe you have set the alarm, but in reality NO alarm circuit has been activated.

This really has to stop....if you had told the police that the boot of the car contains drugs/guns/a body...you can bet your house that the priority placed on recovery would have been much higher. In reality the police just dont seem to care. Very best of luck with finding it.

Old 22 November 2000, 09:04 AM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Angry

JJ

This sort of theft is getting to be 'quite' common. The cars usually wind up being used in an armed robbery, ram raid or something similar.

I'm around the Uxbridge/Hillingdon areas quite a bit as I've got friends out that way. Perhaps I'll start taking the train/bus instead of leaving the car unattended.

[This message has been edited by Stuart H (edited 22 November 2000).]
Old 22 November 2000, 12:27 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi Colin,

Further to my comments on iwoc. One to watch out for. When my car was stolen the scum also took my motorcycle helmet and gloves. i know that it is the least of your worries (but a £400 Arai is not to be sneased at either). When i put in my claim on my house insurance there was a clause excluding motor or motorcycle accessories. One to watch.

Paul.
Old 22 November 2000, 12:29 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

Well wayne, first thing I would do after buying a second hand expensive car is get the coding on the alarm fobs changed. If that can't be done, presumably the alarm is out of date anyway (as its going to be at least a couple of years old) and just get a new alarm/immobiliser