Sponsored by:

Can I get STI or 22b

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2000, 10:58 PM
jamrs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hello I live here in the USA does anyone know if I can get one of these cars over here?Our emission controls over her pretty tough! I own a 2000 model Imprezna 2.5 RS,I love this car it runs and handles good but I want a faster car! If anyone has any info let me know!
Old 22 November 2000, 01:25 AM
upa
Scooby Regular

Why not try to start a new life in the UK?

One point I know,beside the emission restriction,there is a crash test needs to be carride out.
For importing the car into the States, they do look at the safety crash test very importantly...so if you can spend the money for 5 Sti or 22B up front,let your local authority carry out the crash test on Front,rear and both sides. Once you pass the test things should be pretty straight forward to you.
But what's the point...5 Sti or 22B...gets crash...I feel sad for them.
And on your side those money you spend in order to import the cat into the States,should be able to pay for a Ultimate performance car.
So why not try to start a new life in the UK?
Guess that's the best way...
Old 22 November 2000, 07:13 AM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Bill Gates apparently tried to get a 959 Porsche into the US in the late 80's and failed. He even offered to simulate the crash tests in software. Last I heard, his 959 is sitting in some dockside warehouse still waiting to be released.
Old 22 November 2000, 09:00 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Angry

Why not start a new life in Japan instead? Keep away from all the crap we have to put up with day in day out. Then you won't have the stigma of owning 'illegal grey imports' that are identical but cheaper than the UK counterparts.

Getting back to the thread I don't think you have a hope getting in an STI if the standard Turbo will not be released in US because of emissions and whatever else.

Stroppy Joolz
Old 22 November 2000, 10:40 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
The standard WRX turbo is being released in the USA.

There isnt a cat in hells chance of you getting an STi or 22B into the USA, i know a man who has tried.

Why dont you just stick a turbo on your RS like rsquires has done, that will give you around 220BHP in low boost and shed loads of torque, certainly be quick enough compaired to most of the poo on your roads.
Old 22 November 2000, 11:17 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Merlin

That's quite funny about Bill Gates - so much for his meek image.

Porsche 959. Very nice
Old 22 November 2000, 12:31 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

Brief answer...... no

Longer answer...... Richard Squire tried to get his 22B into the US, tried and failed, and he was in a much better position than you as he is leaving the country eventually, and there are some dispensations if you are on certain work permits/on holiday.