Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should we not take learning from people like.......

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2001, 03:20 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Tanni Gray Thompson??????

I have just watched an interview with her.......she is 7 and a half months pregnant a spina bifida sufferer but you would never know it!

When she wheeled into the room she radiated an aura of positive energy and looked fantastic.

Every question was met with a positive and pleasant answer - questions like how she felt being told her mother would have terminated the pregnancy if she had known that her child would be spina bifida, how Tanni felt winning her gold medals, was she ever embarrassed about her disability?

She won 3rd place in the sports personality of the year awards and wasn't even bothered about the fact that the BBC had no ramp for her........because the public phoned in to complain!!!

She is a great ambassador for not just disabled people but for people everywhere!!!

I wish her best of luck in her career and pregnancy

People like whinging rally drivers who are spoilt brats ought to take a leaf out of her book.............which I am going to buy

A positive note from me is my sister (who some of you will know has Downs Syndrome) is going for an interview to see if she will be able to do some work experience at a local supermarket as part of her college course

Good luck sis

Cheers

Michelle

[Edited by MichelleWRX1994 - 11/30/2001 3:22:34 PM]
Old 30 November 2001, 03:22 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good luck 'chelles sis!
Old 30 November 2001, 03:26 PM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Fantastic (& good luck to your sister)
Old 30 November 2001, 03:38 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Good luck to the sis!
Of course my mum managed not only to raise me ( ) but 6 other kids all from the comfort of her wheelchair. She's gotta be the reason I always have a happy outlook on life, imagine how much harder her life is than mine, yet she never complains.
*ahem* MS Society vote in charity section
Chuck
Old 30 November 2001, 03:47 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

My mate from work has Cerebral Palsy and cant walk but every morning (well almost every morning he is a bit of a wuss when it comes to rain !) he rides in on an electric scooter which I reckon is brave (especially in Manchester)

Old 30 November 2001, 03:54 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am really proud of my sister

The one thing I am thankful for is all the nasty taunts we get from idiots who have a problem with her being disabled she doesn't understand........but the annoying side of that is she thinks they are being friendly..........usually a quiet or loud word from me and maybe a bit more persuasion soon stops that!!!!

She has really got on and improved her style of living she is a lot more mobile and active than she was before and everyone she meets love her She lightens up everyone's lives
Old 30 November 2001, 04:02 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

I havent had the privilege of meeting Chelle's sister, but wish her all the best !

Pity anybody that can take the pi55 out of people because of illness or disability, whatever it is !
Old 30 November 2001, 04:15 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Its like that thing on TV last night about racism, Kids throwing bricks at a shop window just because the owner happened to be Asian. The mind boggle, and where do the little T**TS go when they want a bottle of milk ?

My mate with Cerebral Palsy has to put up with some crap, he has ordered a taxi, when the driver has seen him in his wheelchair he has driven off, people talk to him like he's simple (This is a guy who works in IT). A cyclist crashed into his scooter (privately bought), damaged it and said "Dont worry the social will pay" and then rode off, How he keeps his cool I dont know.

Old 30 November 2001, 09:57 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I wish this kind of thing didn't go on............

My sister is great she has no prejudice towards anyone that is how we all should be.