Sponsored by:

Newbie, Merry Xmas to all

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2006, 11:37 AM
chiroman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, Merry Xmas to all

Just wanted to say Hi to all and how much I’m enjoying driving my first Impreza, a WR1. The various threads, which continue to provide a valuable source of information whether it’s Tyres, ICE, Soundproofing or JDM models are a great help.

It’s a bit of a learning curve looking for a first Scooby and trying to avoid any pitfalls but the discovery of the WR1 model, which incorporates a lot of Prodrive mods as standard and looks great became an object of desire. My quest for knowledge, re WR1’s, lead me to Prodrive and a chap called Mike Wood who I also found very helpful and now know is a bit of an Impreza guru. (there are many others also but got to start somewhere).
An associate in my office suggested I phone Iain Litchfield whom I found most helpful especially when he said he had WR1 for sale. So Powerstation set up the geometry and Iain got his paintbrush out and tidied up wheels etc. and I drove off into the sunset, on BP Ultimate naturally. What a great machine this is.

The GB for HID’s was too much temptation esp. as price is half others I’ve seen so gone for two sets despite the apparent need for low only.

I’ll be trying some Mintex Xtreme F pads soon will let you know result.

A couple of things I notice, ‘lift of oversteer’ I believe it’s called, is apparent when lifting of throttle on bends, the faster the speed and the tighter the curve the more pronounced the effect ie. the car turns in. This was particularly noticeable about a week ago when making rapid overtaking manoeuvre but on the straight, was flat in 4th and had momentarily lifted off throttle, car instantly darted about a foot to the side which was a bit alarming. Anyone else experienced similar.

Merry Xmas to all,

Mike the Bonesetter
Old 22 December 2006, 02:23 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

welcome and happy christmas
KIPS
Old 22 December 2006, 02:29 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Christmas Salutations to you. Welcome BTW.
Have fun