Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Servicing in London

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2001, 01:23 PM
DrJP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if anyone can help. I'm about to get my European import MY01 1000 miles service. I live in North London, I know there are authorised dealers in Kensington & Isleworth and wonder if I should go there or somewhere else. Cheers
Old 29 November 2001, 01:25 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Cool

know this isn't that close but try www.subaru4you.co.uk its just up the m4 and may save you enough money to make it worth the trip...
Ask for Len.. Top bloke.
Not affiliated with them at all.
Old 29 November 2001, 01:32 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Have to poke in here too - subaru4you.co.uk did some stuff for me this week & I think I'd trust them a lot more than an unknown garage... (I'm also N.London & had the same trouble!). I'm certainly using them next time - value & quality are things that usually don't go together
Also, not affiliated, blah blah.
Old 29 November 2001, 01:54 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Talking

Why not try us?

www.lavenderhillgarage.co.uk

David
Old 29 November 2001, 02:21 PM
Rob FTM
Scooby Regular

Far be it for me to suggest anything about Lavender Hill as I've never been there or met any of them, I'm sure they are all top blokes, BUT when I phoned around for my 45k service they were not the cheapest by some distance (actually 22%).

To be fair however the weren't the most expensive either.

So my advice is to ring around!!!

Rob.
Old 29 November 2001, 02:30 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

I actually bought my scoob at the Isleworth place (Marlboroughs) but choose the Kensington garage for my last service. I had a few problems with them and ended up making a few visits to get everything sorted to my satisfaction. Eventually though, they did get everything done. I found that they made silly mistakes such as leaving the clear bulbs in when fitting my clear side repeaters. Illegal to drive like that I think?

There was no real reason for me not to use Marlborough's apart from I just didn't fancy it. Just a gut feeling that backfired with the other garage ... <doh>.

Blues.

Old 29 November 2001, 03:14 PM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

I have used ACE Kensington a couple of times.

Kensington! Pah! They are in Acton!

Their premises don't look too impresive but that helps keep the bills down to the merely extortionate level. (only joking).

They kindly offered to register my Euro import with IM for me when it was new which was nice of them, and they did replace a faulty ABS sensor under warranty, but they also hard-coded EURO IMPORT into their system so that it was printed out on every invoice!

Stephen

Old 29 November 2001, 03:35 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Yep they are certainly in the good part of town! I think their sales is in Kensington though which means they can get away with it.

The letter they sent through to me stating when my next service is due kindly offers me a loan vehicle for £29.37 per day. Or they will also offer to pick the car up at the same price. Add this to an expensive starting figure and they work out at one of the worst around. I am saving over £110 on my service by NOT going with them. I admit that I'm gonna have to travel a bit further (a lot further in fact) but £110 is a far wack to save. IMO they just charge too much for the level of customer service that they can offer.

It's always a risk trying a place for the first time but noone can make you go back ...
Old 29 November 2001, 03:45 PM
DrJP
Scooby Regular

Cheers, I will contact subaru4you & lavender hill. Its great this forum.