Sponsored by:

New wheels - another Ebay problem

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2006, 09:29 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry New wheels - another Ebay problem

I recently won an auction for a set of new wheels and tyres on Ebay. I discussed collection with the seller and we agreed for today, and to finalise details yesterday. I called him as arranged, only for him to say he couldn’t talk but would get back to me in 10 minutes. He didn’t.

When I got home I received an email via Ebay saying that the wheels were withdrawn from sale.

In the meantime I have arranged to sell my spare set of wheels (they go tomorrow) at a price I didn’t bother to haggle in order to get a quick sale.

Do I have any redress other than to report him to Ebay as a non-performing seller (he currently has 100% and is a power seller) and give him negative feedback (neither of which even start to make me feel any happier about the situation)?

Although I do have his name and address I don’t intend to “go around there with a few big mates” as I’m too old for that sort of thing.

Old 25 November 2006, 09:39 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like he sold them to someone else in the meantime,contact ebay and see if they can suspend his account till its sorted out,as he is power seller he obviously does a lot of business on there so that might affect him enough to resolve the situation..... agree negative feedback as the only redress is of little use in your situation...... could you not approach the buyer of your wheels and explain your situation?
Old 25 November 2006, 09:41 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
I recently won an auction for a set of new wheels and tyres on Ebay. I discussed collection with the seller and we agreed for today, and to finalise details yesterday. I called him as arranged, only for him to say he couldn’t talk but would get back to me in 10 minutes. He didn’t.

When I got home I received an email via Ebay saying that the wheels were withdrawn from sale.

In the meantime I have arranged to sell my spare set of wheels (they go tomorrow) at a price I didn’t bother to haggle in order to get a quick sale.

Do I have any redress other than to report him to Ebay as a non-performing seller (he currently has 100% and is a power seller) and give him negative feedback (neither of which even start to make me feel any happier about the situation)?

Although I do have his name and address I don’t intend to “go around there with a few big mates” as I’m too old for that sort of thing.

It wasnt the wheels advertised for £10 buy it now with £450 postage was it ?
Old 25 November 2006, 09:55 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ethanrob
It wasnt the wheels advertised for £10 buy it now with £450 postage was it ?
No, these were GC-05Fs.

The buyer of my wheels is making a weekend of the trip down to collect them. There is no way I would let him down on that.
Old 25 November 2006, 10:54 AM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

Why do people keep on being sucked in by E-Bay ?
It is full of unscrupulous sellers, poor quality products and outright crooks.
But from a reputable dealer and save a whole lot of grief,and at least you have some recourse when things go wrong.
Old 25 November 2006, 10:59 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ralphandcarol
But from a reputable dealer and save a whole lot of grief,and at least you have some recourse when things go wrong.
This was in fact my first ever "purchase" from Ebay, and on the face of it the seller had 100% positive and is a power seller, so looked to be a safe bet. Plus the wheels were exactly what I wanted. Now trying to find a decent price from a dealer.
Old 25 November 2006, 11:26 AM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I have bought plenty off e-bay over the years with no problem.
Old 25 November 2006, 12:42 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A 100% profile n power seller mean nothing though. You can quite easily fake those stats with bogus accounts.
Old 25 November 2006, 12:47 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

I take it you have tried to recontact him (via phone) a few times to clarify the current situation before you start slagging him all over the internet. He may have a genuine reason.
Old 25 November 2006, 01:03 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bob r
I take it you have tried to recontact him (via phone) a few times to clarify the current situation before you start slagging him all over the internet. He may have a genuine reason.
Oh yes, I have called him a number of times. He never appears to be in the same place as his mobile

And I don't think I've been slagging him, I have not mentioned his name, and have stuck to the facts.
Old 25 November 2006, 01:04 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

whats his ebay username? maybe we could all email him?
Old 25 November 2006, 06:12 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Well he has now emailed me, his attitude being "get over it". I will of course, but if enough people think like that the whole system will grind to a halt.

I have given him negative feedback, and he will do the same for me, so as it's my first transaction I'll have 100% negative. How will I live with the shame?
Old 25 November 2006, 07:25 PM
scoobygez
Scooby Regular

what a ******* eh. post his user name on here so we can all have a go at him the little rat. i hate this **** when it happens to me on ebay they do my head in. now post up his user name
Old 25 November 2006, 07:52 PM
stiginger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
Well he has now emailed me, his attitude being "get over it". I will of course, but if enough people think like that the whole system will grind to a halt.

I have given him negative feedback, and he will do the same for me, so as it's my first transaction I'll have 100% negative. How will I live with the shame?
if he leaves you bad feedback you can get ebay to take it off by showing them some sort of proof that he wouldnt sell you the wheels like emails and so on????
Old 25 November 2006, 08:22 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Not good.

Best of Luck, is there anyting we can do @ SN, as in getting together if this person isn't kosha?

Alan MaC
Old 25 November 2006, 11:54 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ralphandcarol
not all are crooks ......I've bought afew bits of Ebay and sellers /buyers were ok