Sponsored by:

Lidatek LT400 Laser Jammer

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 10:19 AM
j2d
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lidatek LT400 Laser Jammer

Hi, newbie here, thought i'd have a butchers at ur forum, come over from EvoTechnik - Powered by vBulletin I've got an E46 M3;

Have any of you guys on here fitted the Lidatek LT400 Laser Jammer to ur scoobys? Was thinking abt get 1 fitted to the M3 within the next few weeks, Would be good to get some thoughts of those of you with 1 fitted.

Cheers in advance

John
Old 15 October 2006, 11:28 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, welcome aboard..

If you search for 'Liatek' it returns quite a few hits that may be worth a look (not sure if the LT400 gets mentioned..

Had a little play with one of the EvoTechnik boy's yesterday. Very nice black (inc wheels) M3 cab. Noticed the small 'EvoTechnik' sticker on his boot before backing off, pity the road wasn't suitable for a proper run..

Back to the laser jammer, what's the score with the law these days..?
Old 15 October 2006, 12:43 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

LJ's are illegal ... just get a Road Angel.

TX.
Old 15 October 2006, 12:46 PM
Hitcher
Scooby Regular

Ones that double up for other, legitamate uses, arn't illegal as such - ie parking sensors, garage door openers and the likes.

Still got my LT450 kit for sale if interested Pm me, it includes the garage door connections etc.
Old 15 October 2006, 12:57 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Road Angel and the like are completely pointless against lasers. By the time you've detected it, you're nicked, long before you have time to react.

Plus the laser bits of Road Angel are likely to become illegal if the Govt get their proposed changes on the law through. But the GPS based bit of Road Angel and the like will remain legal and well worthwhile. I've got an Origin B2 and feel really vulnerable driving someone elses car in an area I don't know without it fitted.

Laser "diffusers" alone almost certainly leave you vulnerable to charges of perverting the course of justice or whatever. If it really does open your garage door then that's a good argument to take to court and argue but still huge hassle and expense.

But on the other hand, apart from the bloke in South Wales with one who deliberatley set out looking for speed traps and blitzed them does anyway know anyone who's been done for it? I'd risk it.