Sponsored by:

Sigma imobalizer start up code?

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2006, 09:17 AM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma imobalizer start up code?

Has anybody with a Sigma alarm (standard in late classics) Used there overide code with any sucsess? Have had a couple occasions when I have unknowingly parked near large radio transmitters that have blocked my fob. Made sure I knew my code after the first instance but after following the instructions I havnt ever managed to unimobalize the car?
Old 30 July 2006, 02:47 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, I have used mine often.
It is possible the previous owner changed the code and therefore, the code you have is incorrect. There is a way to reset the code using a keyfob, but you will need to do a search.
Old 31 July 2006, 10:10 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

So do you put the code in and then turn on the igniton or turn the igniton on first and do you have to push anything after the code?
Old 01 August 2006, 01:55 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dspeed
So do you put the code in and then turn on the igniton or turn the igniton on first and do you have to push anything after the code?
Hi there,

Regarding the use of your 4 digit pin code and the keypad in your vehicle, if you are using this due to either a depleted battery in the radio key and/or interferiance from telecommunication masts - This is most noticable on older classics which did not have the revised shielded reciever board modification. To use the code and your keypad, enter the vehicle (The siren will sound if the alarm is in an armed state) (If it is just in an immobilised state the LED on the dash will just continue flashing, no siren will sound), type your 4 digit pin code into the keypad (No need to switch the ignition on) the immobiliser and/or alarm will now drop-out/disarm the LED will go to a solid red state for the stall and start time (30 sec at default) and the vehicle can now to started - Make sure this is completed before the stall and start time elapses.

Some notes on the use of the keypad.

You only have three attempts to enter the correct pin code via the keypad, if a third incorrect pin is entered the security system will ignore all subsequent entries for a period of 30 minutes, however if you have a working radio key and you are in an area that is not susseptible to interfereince this can still be used as normal. When the keypad reconises an incorrect pin code being inputted it will flash the LED on the keypad several times quickly to let you know this. Also when using the keypad, ensure the LED on the keypad illuminates once with each digit pressed on the keypad - to ensure you are pressing the digit with enough pressure, and finally do not input the code to fast or slow just work at a nice steady pace and your car will be up and runing in no time.

If you require any information on changing the pin no. to something you can more easily remember please pm me and I will let you know the relevant procedures.

Also if your vehicle does happen to have the older un-shielded reciever board due to it not having been replaced during the allocated time slot which ended in December 2004, a trip to Mr.Subaru will sort you out with a new ECU which is still currently being used on the latest Subarus. The part no. for this ECU from Subaru is SACC3465 and they will supply and fit this for yourself.

Hope this helps

Mike.

Note: For future reference I would of answered this question a little quicker for yourself if it had been posted in the Security froum of the website.
Old 01 August 2006, 04:51 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I had the same, previous owner had changed it and not written it down, quick trip to the local subaru garage (Simpson's in swindon) and they reset it only took a couple of minutes, it would of taken longer to have writen an invoice than the time it took to sort out so didn't charge me!!!

How much is this new ECU???
Old 01 August 2006, 05:03 PM
mcarrick69
Scooby Newbie

https://www.scoobynet.com/sigma-alar...+pin+%23pin%23
might save you a trip to dealers in future
A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code
Old 02 August 2006, 08:59 AM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I had the same, previous owner had changed it and not written it down, quick trip to the local subaru garage (Simpson's in swindon) and they reset it only took a couple of minutes, it would of taken longer to have writen an invoice than the time it took to sort out so didn't charge me!!!

How much is this new ECU???

Unfortunately I do not have any prices on the ECU you would have to cntact your local dealer direct and go from there.

Mike.