Sponsored by:

honda integra

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2001, 04:19 PM
nickwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'm thinking about getting an integra type r , i love my scooby but it's getting to expensive to run, i.e petrol and insurance .
Has anyone had any experience's with these , what do they handle like and are they quick.
p.s Is there a web site or forum for the integra ,that is as good as scoobynet.
thanks,

nick.
Old 02 November 2001, 04:28 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have a Civic Type R, my brother owns a Integra Type R, so fire away with the questions.

The Type R's are as quick in general as a standard Scoob, but more raw, harder suspension, bit noiser. The engines are reasonably torquey, obviously not as torquey as the Scoob, but not as bad as some people make out. Brakes and Gearbox is simply spot on, the engine is well bullet proof. An excellent track car as well.

www.honda-r.org.uk click on Message board it is a reletively new board, but there is a few guys who know Tegs. vtecblack, has a highly modified one. Kuissimurran also owns a Teg surfs this board and the Honda board.

www.superhonda.com (American)

Hope that helps

Matt
Old 02 November 2001, 04:30 PM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have driven the ones @ Bedford on Corp track days.

They a quite good (great engine so those in the know say), quite quick, and once you get used to the front wheel drive good fun.

ah but they are no scoob
Old 02 November 2001, 07:08 PM
nickwrx
Scooby Regular

Talking

Matt,
Another question, what's it like for legroom in the back of the integra , could you get two adults in the back ?

The website was very helpful,
thanks,

nick.
Old 03 November 2001, 01:02 AM
Huey
Scooby Newbie

I've had the pleasure of riding in the back of a Integra TypeR, not bad for leg room,...the only problem is the rake of the rear window,...being 5' 9" my head was touching the rear screen.
Old 03 November 2001, 01:11 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Like RVeiga I've had a go in an Integra (amongst other things ) at the Bedford Autodrome.

Very impressed.

Try a test drive?

Rich
Old 03 November 2001, 04:11 AM
jamesa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nick,

As a previous ITR owner insurance and fuel are barely different from the standard MY00 I changed it for. Certainly not worth the change just on those cost grounds.

As a drivers car I found it superb; more involving than the Subaru - you have to really concentrate / work it whereas the turbo gets up there so easliy......I could go on but email me if you require any more info.

Only changed it as we required four doors but am now back to two again with the P1..........would definitely have another.

Cheers
Old 03 November 2001, 03:08 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

'Tegras are superb,but just try to find one- almost impossible as I have found out.I actually bought my Scoob because after months of trying I just couldn't find a good one and Honda dealers couldn't help either.
Good luck!
Old 03 November 2001, 09:04 PM
nickwrx
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sorry to ask another question, but i have been looking around for one to buy and i want it in white , is there two different shade's , because i think i seen one in championship white and another in diamond white ,which one is the brighter white?
thanks,

nick.
Old 03 November 2001, 10:09 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

I too have driven one at Bedford and was well impressed. Would definitely consider one if the Scoob got too costly. Engine and gearbox great. A little lacking in torque but I thought the handling was great for a fwd car . Nothing I didn't like about it apart form the lack out torque.

AllanB
Old 03 November 2001, 10:29 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry Nick, i have been away from the computer for the last day (Donnington ). Leg room in the back with the seat right back, is not great, as someone already said the height can be a problem in the rear.

Right now i always thought the Chapionship white is exactly the same no matter what the year. But i parked next to my brothers and it is a different shade, only midly different thou, but different enough to notice. Might just be mine is caked in crap

If you are in the vicinity of donnington on Monday pop in, my brother and two or three other Tegs are there, you can then get their views.