Sponsored by:

strange smell

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2006, 06:38 PM
Octopus Russ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange smell

Had MY 02 STI for six months now, having lots of fun, making friends with all the local petrol station attendants, trying all the fuels, scratching my head not believing how many miles im NOT getting to the gallon, etc etc
Anyway, yesterday while at a junction i revved the engine up to about 4.5k revs & just inched the car forwards as if going to make a flying start. a strange smell came a wofting into the cockpit, a little like burning oil. last about 30 secs , then was gone. car acted as normal afterwards, i gave it a bit of a small thrashing to check all was ok. i just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this ?????

not concerned, just curious

cheers in advance
Old 13 May 2006, 06:52 PM
dr jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Octopus Russ
Had MY 02 STI for six months now, having lots of fun, making friends with all the local petrol station attendants, trying all the fuels, scratching my head not believing how many miles im NOT getting to the gallon, etc etc
Anyway, yesterday while at a junction i revved the engine up to about 4.5k revs & just inched the car forwards as if going to make a flying start. a strange smell came a wofting into the cockpit, a little like burning oil. last about 30 secs , then was gone. car acted as normal afterwards, i gave it a bit of a small thrashing to check all was ok. i just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this ?????

cheers in advance
sounds like you slipped the clutch a bit nothing to worry about
Old 13 May 2006, 06:52 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Octopus Russ

cheers in advance

Clutch burning not terminal but not pleasant either.
Old 13 May 2006, 07:14 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i get that all the time with my van ha ha but i am blonde (out of a bottle) and i am female too so it makes sense really