Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are all impreza drivers paranoid?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2006, 11:15 PM
scooby222
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are all impreza drivers paranoid?

just had a look down the listings and feel rather sad about the number of 'are imprezas crap' type of threads.
as far as i can see theres not a lot of people who bought them because they were the prettiest cars, the classic sold so well bacause it was a fantastic drive regardless of the looks and interior.
the new age still arent the prettiest and are more mainstream i suppose but are still capable of scaring stuff two or three times their cost and still cost enough to run that only the comitted or well off tend to last more than ten or twelve months
which brings me back to my original point,why are there so many people on an impreza forum picking apart imprezas?
i guess theyre either transitional owners, people who buy cars for their image or who can afford to buy a car they dont like and leave it sitting in the garage, so heres to all the others who just appreciate what a fun, fast and capable car they have on their driveway regardless of who else drives one.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I think they are GREAT!!!!

Some buy one and then change it - which is the stupidest thing that happens on planet earth - why not buy the car you actually WANT, rather than a car you don't want and change it???????

So, the modifiers hate their standard Impreza and therefore the hatred shines through ......

Plenty of people buy them and cherish them as Subaru meant for them to be owned and run .......

Pete
Old 12 April 2006, 11:23 PM
chrisola
Scooby Regular

Alot of people are 'keyboard' warriors and like talking crap, others enjoy a discussion (which is the idea of this place!).. others are as you mentioned...

I'm with you, i bought my car to drive and enjoy, not to race and pose with

Some buy one and then change it - which is the stupidest thing that happens on planet earth - why not buy the car you actually WANT, rather than a car you don't want and change it???????
Erm, the idea of modding is getting what YOU want... if you want a 400bhp impreza you cant buy one off the shelf?

but i see your point about people messing with bits and saying 'this, this and this is **** and xxx car does it better so i will make it the same on my impreza'

Last edited by chrisola; 12 April 2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:30 PM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

i luv my impreza to,

i put my foot down and blow 95% of cars on the road in to next week

i like the way it looks, it turns heads, and i work in a fitness club and always park it out front, so many people who are just waiting around turn round to the mate (who aint a chav) and say thats a nice car in it.

i dont jump in and say thats my car or anythin but i do feel proud of owning it.

impreza Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 12 April 2006, 11:35 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STI Craig
i luv my impreza to,

i put my foot down and blow 95% of cars on the road in to next week

i like the way it looks, it turns heads, and i work in a fitness club and always park it out front, so many people who are just waiting around turn round to the mate (who aint a chav) and say thats a nice car in it.

i dont jump in and say thats my car or anythin but i do feel proud of owning it.

impreza Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

hmm, i have a mate like that, built like a brick **** house, soft as **** but thinks looks are everything but i am only 11 stone and would knock his 15 stone *** apart.

trainers,worse than insurance salesman.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:35 PM
_strike_
Scooby Newbie

Yeah but if the forum was all....arent imprezas the best, they are so wonderful, best car in the world etc.....that would be worse.

Its good to hear all sides good and bad. i.e yes evos are quicker and yes scoobys sound better etc.....you get the idea.

Personally i think the new age looks great (except bug), partly because i own one lol.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:39 PM
PEP
Scooby Regular

once you've owned an impreza...that feeling never goes away.....
when my scoob was written off [no fault of mine] i decided to get a tdi...
what a mistake....so i have sold it today and am in the process of buying a uk300 with ppp
i just love them...if you love scoobies they really do get under your skin....
everyone knows out there that driving an impreza puts a smile on your face
Peppe.........
Old 12 April 2006, 11:39 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by scooby222
just had a look down the listings and feel rather sad about the number of 'are imprezas crap' type of threads.
as far as i can see theres not a lot of people who bought them because they were the prettiest cars, the classic sold so well bacause it was a fantastic drive regardless of the looks and interior.
the new age still arent the prettiest and are more mainstream i suppose but are still capable of scaring stuff two or three times their cost and still cost enough to run that only the comitted or well off tend to last more than ten or twelve months
which brings me back to my original point,why are there so many people on an impreza forum picking apart imprezas?
i guess theyre either transitional owners, people who buy cars for their image or who can afford to buy a car they dont like and leave it sitting in the garage, so heres to all the others who just appreciate what a fun, fast and capable car they have on their driveway regardless of who else drives one.
They have nothing better to do?
The impreza is an enthusiasts car and for people who like quality and reliablity.
If they dont like it they no where the auto trader is!
Rant over.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:45 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I am on my 2nd Impreza.

Had a MY95 which was just about perfect, but sold it after I bought another bike.

Bike obviously much quicker, but I used to see and hear Imprezas around and missed the old bugger like mad.

So, sold the bike and bought a newer MY00 - loving it, loving it especially after spending £1600 to get to a safe 273/273
Old 12 April 2006, 11:48 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StiX
I am on my 2nd Impreza.

Had a MY95 which was just about perfect, but sold it after I bought another bike.

Bike obviously much quicker, but I used to see and hear Imprezas around and missed the old bugger like mad.

So, sold the bike and bought a newer MY00 - loving it, loving it especially after spending £1600 to get to a safe 273/273
Thats what we like to hear! Im on my 3rd and Im 21!
Old 12 April 2006, 11:56 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by StiX
I am on my 2nd Impreza.
and I'm on my 4th...growing increasingly embarrased to be seen in it as each day passes

and don't get me started on when some berk waves at me 'cos I'm unfortunate enough to own a similar vehicle as he does
Old 13 April 2006, 12:17 AM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
and I'm on my 4th...growing increasingly embarrased to be seen in it as each day passes
:
Surley those statements are not concentrick?
Old 13 April 2006, 12:19 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
hmm, i have a mate like that, built like a brick **** house, soft as **** but thinks looks are everything but i am only 11 stone and would knock his 15 stone *** apart.

trainers,worse than insurance salesman.
i think looks are every thing ??????????? how did u work that out ??????

all i said was i like my car, didnt say it was the beast thing on the road or anythin.

and whats the bit about ya 15 stone m8 all about, lol bit ramdom aint it?

cant i say i like my car without some one having a dig, i wouldnt have fecking bought it if i didnt like it now would i?

y did u buy your car, was it because the subaru dealer is next door to your house ?

oh 2 more things,
1. im not a trainer, i just keep the belly off
2. i park it out front because im para about it being stolen as i do work at this club and the has been quite a few people who have had the cars broken in to, so mine is parked wer the camera can see it and so can i.
infact all the staff park together.
Old 13 April 2006, 12:23 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

and don't get me started on when some berk waves at me 'cos I'm unfortunate enough to own a similar vehicle as he does
sell your fecking car then, here is a link you can use

www.autorader.co.uk

i dont think vectra drivers wave at each other, get one of them!!!!
Old 13 April 2006, 12:25 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

My work here is done

The major point I feel is that it is a vastly overrrated car in many aspects. Partly through fault of journos talking out oftheir *****, partly through over enthustiatic owners smelling the coffee and realising that 0-60 times and peak BHP does not really mean "that" much. And finally the cars lack of overall feel and the various shortcommings in handling, brakes, performance, as well as spec. Leaving a slight resentment of their choice of vehicle, accompanied by the endless need to "upgrade" and modify to try and make it "right"

Why do I still have mine? Well, I just can't be arsed with cars anymore to bother with the hassel of buying selling and trawling the area to find another car. I have much more important personal matters that needs to be addressed so I can't waste time brooding over insignificant boxes of pressed metal.

Now excuse me, I have a Kawasaki H1 engine that needs fettling with

Last edited by ALi-B; 13 April 2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 13 April 2006, 12:30 AM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
My work here is done

The major point I feel is that it is a vastly overrrated car in many aspects. Partly through fault of journos talking out oftheir *****, partly through over enthustiatic owners smelling the coffee and realising that 0-60 times and peak BHP does not really mean "that" much. And finally the cars lack of overall feel and the various shortcommings in handling, brakes, performance as well as spec leaving a slight resentment of their choice of vehicle the endless need to "upgrade" and modify to try and make it "right"

Why do I still have it? Well, I just can't be arsed with cars anymore.

Nite nite!
Old 13 April 2006, 12:32 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

My work here is done

The major point I feel is that it is a vastly overrrated car in many aspects. Partly through fault of journos talking out oftheir *****, partly through over enthustiatic owners smelling the coffee and realising that 0-60 times and peak BHP does not really mean "that" much. And finally the cars lack of overall feel and the vatious shortcommings leaving a slight resentment of their choice of vehicle.

Why do I still have it? Well, I just can't be arsed with cars anymore.

but for the money, its cheep as chips,

any way, u get that with all makes of car.
Old 13 April 2006, 12:35 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dspeed
Thats what we like to hear! Im on my 3rd and Im 21!
3rd at 21, what do u do change car wen it needs a service lol

only messin bud
Old 13 April 2006, 12:38 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

but for the money, its cheep as chips,

any way, u get that with all makes of car.

Yup, for the money, you can't get any better bang for your bucks
That's how I ended up with one in the first place.
Old 13 April 2006, 12:42 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Yup, for the money, you can't get any better bang for your bucks
That's how I ended up with one in the first place.

one day ill have me £150,000 for my austin martin tho lol
Old 13 April 2006, 12:56 AM
Solmaster555
Scooby Newbie

Default Classic!!

I have been a Scooby owner for 7 years, am now on my second Classic and have no desire for anything else. I know they are far from perfect - surely that's the fun of modifying them into something that in our opinion is how they should have came out of the factory. I have a wife and 2 children - the car has 4 doors and a boot - the ideal family car which can poodle about all day like any other "A-B" car. (I hate that cliche) Yet with not a huge ammount of money spent on exhaust, turbo, brakes and a remap, it will sit behind (or in front!) of most things on the road. The Classic shape is still the most common shape in amateur rallying, and came from an era when SWRT actually used to win rallies. Nowadays, with the new shape having been around for a while now, the classic is almost a stealth car - people hardly notice it at all. But with the weight difference and 300/300, it will easily keep up with all but the most modified new age. Yes it's basic and noisy, but can go like stink and steers like a go-kart.
LONG LIVE THE CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stewart
Old 13 April 2006, 01:01 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Solmaster555
I have been a Scooby owner for 7 years, am now on my second Classic and have no desire for anything else. I know they are far from perfect - surely that's the fun of modifying them into something that in our opinion is how they should have came out of the factory. I have a wife and 2 children - the car has 4 doors and a boot - the ideal family car which can poodle about all day like any other "A-B" car. (I hate that cliche) Yet with not a huge ammount of money spent on exhaust, turbo, brakes and a remap, it will sit behind (or in front!) of most things on the road. The Classic shape is still the most common shape in amateur rallying, and came from an era when SWRT actually used to win rallies. Nowadays, with the new shape having been around for a while now, the classic is almost a stealth car - people hardly notice it at all. But with the weight difference and 300/300, it will easily keep up with all but the most modified new age. Yes it's basic and noisy, but can go like stink and steers like a go-kart.
LONG LIVE THE CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stewart
and all the others lol
Old 13 April 2006, 01:03 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

sell your fecking car then, here is a link you can use

www.autorader.co.uk

i dont think vectra drivers wave at each other, get one of them!!!!
Now let me guess, you're under 25 and drive a pile of ****e 10 yr old jap import?
Old 13 April 2006, 01:07 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

My first impreza 05 STI ppp..

My previous cars

BMW M3 (company car)- Stinking fast, crap in anything other than the dry.
Nissan 200sx (modded to 290bhp) - Oh the drift memories
Nissan 300zx (modded to 410 bhp)- This is just a death trap may aswell be a bike with 4 wheels, acceleration and wheel spin in 4 gears scary.
Golf VR6 mk4 - Solid VW and quick by understeered to death, great cruiser tho.
Peugeot 306 GTI 6 - best handling car I have ever driven but had to rev the guts outta the 16v to get it to do anything, and the sports seats well were carp, you are gripping onto the steering wheel for grim death.
Mercedes 190e 2.5 16v Cosworth -..What a car, again like the M3 rear wheel, it rains a lot in the UK, rear wheel drive quick cars? you can only 'drive' them properly for about 30% of the year. Oh and the really annoying german gear box of 1st being bottom left then across and up for 2nd??

other cars I have driven as named driver, BMW m5, Toyota mr2, Celica, Evo 6 (ok flat mates car but I paid to be insured on it )

With the exception of Evo, the scooby is by far in the way the only car I still get a great grin in, its so much fun. The EVO is the closest, and tbh the Evo 6 great fun car again but a bit too raw for my liking, it always seemed on the 'edge'. The scoob I love more and more every day, I have driven a fair amount of quick cars in my time and (Evo apart) none of the above comes close to the fun factor of the Scoob long may they prosper.

If I lived in a hot country that didnt rain as much as it does here or get frosts etc and bad road surfaces etc maybe I would be more inclined to try another rear wheel drive sports car but tbh what is the point in the UK? They oversteer like hell on earth in these conditions and are damn right dangerous so you cant really appreciate their full capabilities for most of the time, the scoob on the other hand
Old 13 April 2006, 01:18 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Now let me guess, you're under 25 and drive a pile of ****e 10 yr old jap import?
does that make me not welcome?

oh yeh i 4got, to post on ere i have to be 60 years of age
always drive 5mph below the speed limit
make my brake pads last 100,000 miles
get 55mpg all the time
let my engine warm up for 15 mins befor i even think about pressing the clutch
do all my pre flight checks
let the engine cool down for 10 mins if i went over 4000rpm
bla bla bla

well im 22, have a import "STI" (i had to get the STI bit in cos im a poser as some one said)
Old 13 April 2006, 01:18 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

steers like a go-kart.
What the hell?....has power steering belt on yours broke?

Oh what I'd give for a manual steering rack (except in a car park)
Old 13 April 2006, 01:36 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

well im 22, have a import "STI" (i had to get the STI bit in cos im a poser as some one said)
I think I'm in the wrong job sometimes
Old 13 April 2006, 01:40 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

I think I'm in the wrong job sometimes
become a psychiatrist, youl learn how silly peolpes heads (like mine) work den lol
Old 13 April 2006, 07:56 AM
swtmerce
Scooby Regular

I had my first Impreza (MY03) for only three months and I'll never look back. For me, it's the only car to own! The ownership experience I have had has been unrivalled. I've had over ten years of all sorts of motors from hot hatches to granny cars. The Impreza gives you a driving experience that just can't be offered by any other car at the price, or even twice the price. I'm now changing to a bugeye wagon (for coming baby!) with a few choice mods that make it look better and I must say, I'm starting to like the bugeye wagon shape (with prodrive lights) more than the standard WRX (bug and blob) shape!
Old 13 April 2006, 08:40 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I was a Classic owner for 6 years (MY95 & 99 - both lightly modded)
I loved them. And yes, I was paranoid with the first one - it spent most of it's time in my garage!! It came out to wash, then went back in. Whenever we went out, it went straight back in the garage when we got home. I even had motion sensors/pressure pad linked into the garage & house alarm! Granted I lived in an urban area that had been known as rough in it's past - there were still remnants of its coulourful history!
My 2nd Scoob - I couldn't have cared less. I live in the Countryside now. The crime is totally different, and the car never had a 2nd glance.

However, I was under NO illusion that they are the best car on the road (unlike many who buy Subarus)
They are at best a very robust chassis, and in the Turbo's case, a pretty hot engine, and half-decent seats The rest of the car is rubbish!!!

But it's those two factors that make the Impreza. That's what is so special about it.

I don't own one now because my lifestyle changed and thus required a bigger car. The STI isn't available as a Wagon (not a Classic). BUt even if it was, I really can't say whether or not I would have bought one. I decided to have a look out in the big wide world of cars, and there are cars as good and better than the Impreza - and don't attract the attention that the Scoob does.
One of the attractions in a car for me is the "Q-car" factor. My current car now has this

I will always look back on my Scooby-owning days with fondness, as I had a hoot!! (albeit expensive!) I've made some good friends too.

Dan

Quick Reply: are all impreza drivers paranoid?