Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2006, 08:35 AM
TXX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hi

After being a voyeur for over a year now I have final got around to formulating my first post.

Over the past year I have been reading with great interest all the various posts from everyone and in this time I have acquired loads of information on the good and bad points of Scooby ownership.

I have only been a Scooby owner now for just over a year and have enjoyed every second (apart for the mod bug and the ultra sensitive to scratches, paint and glass work). I would just like to say "Hi" to everyone and I’m looking forward to getting involved in some of the debates and adding my own opinion.

Just for the record I drive a MY05 WRX PPP (Crystal Grey) with quickshift and Prodrive Suspension, Also had to get rid of the crap stock radio and speakers, fitted now is a Kenwood 25th Anniversary (XXV-01D)head unit with infinity speakers.
Old 03 March 2006, 08:38 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

your took that step....... will it be worth it? were you happy before??

Welcome!
Old 03 March 2006, 08:46 AM
TXX
Scooby Newbie

Wink

GrahamG thanks for the welcome, and what can I say owning a scooby will alway's be worth it for the experience alone , for being happy "Alway's", well apart from that little thing in the back of my mind saying may be I should have got an STI
Old 03 March 2006, 08:58 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by TXX
GrahamG thanks for the welcome, and what can I say owning a scooby will alway's be worth it for the experience alone , for being happy "Alway's", well apart from that little thing in the back of my mind saying may be I should have got an STI
Welcome aboard!!

Do you have a prodrive (or other aftermarket) exhaust backbox on the car yet? If you still have the std twin peashooters, take my word for it, loose them and get something decent on there! You'll never listen to the stereo again!! There is nothing to beat the flat four soundtrack!

If you'd have got an Sti, you now want a type 20, if you'd got a type 20 you'd now want a type 25....it goes on and on! If you like what you've got, just enjoy it!

Ns04
Old 03 March 2006, 09:20 AM
TXX
Scooby Newbie

Ns04 I currently have the PPP on the car with the Prodrive exhaust and your right many a time I have just turned the stereo off wound the window down and just listened to the engine note. I would love to upgrade further but from what I read/hear this is not possible without invalidating the warranty. Therefore it looks like going for modifications such as brakes, wheels, tyres, etc.

TXX
Old 03 March 2006, 09:26 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by TXX
Ns04 I currently have the PPP on the car with the Prodrive exhaust and your right many a time I have just turned the stereo off wound the window down and just listened to the engine note. I would love to upgrade further but from what I read/hear this is not possible without invalidating the warranty. Therefore it looks like going for modifications such as brakes, wheels, tyres, etc.

TXX
Opps, I must read posts properly!! In my defence, I've not yet had my morning quota of coffee! I'm afriad if you want to retain your warranty, you will have to stick with PPP (no hardship, it's perfectly good). Some advice, don't spend a fortune on big brakes if you're going to spend all your time on the road; it's overkill. Some good pads (I'd reccomend Pagid RS 4.2.1. Blacks) and some braided hoses will do the trick. I wouldn't bother with wheels larger than 17" that's a good size, any greater will cost you significantly more and return little benefits other than the "bling factor". As for tyres, it's a very subjective thing, but many on here (myself included) really like Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3.

All the best,

Ns04
Old 03 March 2006, 09:26 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TXX
i was more on the lines of this site... not the car!
Old 03 March 2006, 09:30 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN
Old 03 March 2006, 11:18 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SNet

Leave the engine well alone whilst the warranty is in effect, but you can go to town in other areas as long as you're aware that Subaru aren't gonna replace somebody elses components. I have an 03 WRX PPP and have totally transformed it with some select suspension and brake upgrades, so much so that on the road I have no trouble competing against STi's, including PPP's and TSL's. They'd eat me on the strip, but when control and agility are what matters my car has it in spades. Check out the group buy running at the mo' at Powerstation for a good deal on AST's (although it would have to go some for it to be as good a deal as mine was ).
Old 03 March 2006, 01:10 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN
Old 03 March 2006, 10:50 PM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Wink Hello

Hello Mate. Mmmmm, the modding bug. I'm off to replace 17s with 18s tomorow morning, and I've got a big box with fat four pots and 330s waiting to go on at the moment. Don't tell the wife how much this little lot cost. (I would have put a winking smiley here, but I don't know how!).
Old 03 March 2006, 10:58 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Winky smile is ";" then ")" together with no spaces
Old 03 March 2006, 11:06 PM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers Corradoby ";"")"
Old 03 March 2006, 11:07 PM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Is there a list of these anywhere? It doesn't seem to have worked......

I am thick
Old 03 March 2006, 11:21 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Don't use the "speech" marks either....

; ) =
: ) =
: D =
: p =
: lol1 : =
: lol : =
: cuckoo : =
: thumb : =
: cool : =
: brickwall =
: o =
: notworthy =
: ( =
: wonder : =
: confused : =
: freak3 : =
: luxhello : =
: eek : =
: nono : =
: idea : =
: rolleyes : =
: iamwithst =
: Suspiciou =
: hjtwofing =
: slee p: =
: mad : =
: luvlove : =
: norty : =
: razz : =
: eek2 : =

HTH

If you reply using the reply tabs insead of the panel at the bottom, there's a list of them to the right of the box you type in. Just click them and they appear. You'll soon get used to the text required for each one.
Old 04 March 2006, 07:48 AM
TXX
Scooby Newbie

Just like to thank everyone for their warm welcome to SN.