Sponsored by:

1st Door dent, thanks Subaru!

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2005, 02:50 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Door dent, thanks Subaru!

Had my car in for its main service last Thursday.

Cleaned it before I took it in as i always do so it doesn't need to be cleaned by them.

Got it back and they had re-cleaned it but left a dirty patch on the near side door.

Washed it this morning and noticed a nice dink just where the dirt was... Mmmmmmmm.

Thanks very much dealer - just as I was hoping to sell it being dent free!
Old 18 December 2005, 03:38 PM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobedoo
Had my car in for its main service last Thursday.

Cleaned it before I took it in as i always do so it doesn't need to be cleaned by them.

Got it back and they had re-cleaned it but left a dirty patch on the near side door.

Washed it this morning and noticed a nice dink just where the dirt was... Mmmmmmmm.

Thanks very much dealer - just as I was hoping to sell it being dent free!
Hang on... if you had cleaned it beforehand so they didn't need to clean it how can they have cleaned it again and left a dirty patch....... or am I missing something here

V
Old 18 December 2005, 03:39 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It probably got mucky when the 17yo trainee took it down to McD's in his lunch hour to show his mates
Old 18 December 2005, 04:19 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Worried now!!!
Old 18 December 2005, 06:52 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why the hell have you not gone straight back to the dealer?
Old 18 December 2005, 07:39 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

These threads of this type get me very worried.. 'Who can you trust?'
Old 18 December 2005, 08:20 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

I don't know, maybe i'm being picky. I'm so careful where i've parked the car over the years and taken soooo much pride in keeping it mint.....

Only found the dink today and the service department isn't open today so I'm flogging a dead horse giving them a call.
Tomorrow morning I shall call them but as we all know, they will deny it as its been a few days since i picked it up - despite the fact I've not parked it next to anyone since!
Old 18 December 2005, 10:03 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Have they charged you for the dent or was it free?
Old 19 December 2005, 12:13 AM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

it's a new service they offer.... a hidden charge no doubt
Old 19 December 2005, 06:19 AM
impreza22b_WRC
Scooby Regular

Their you go back to normal ....

Old 19 December 2005, 08:35 AM
Allan
Scooby Regular

This happened to me once, I'm afraid it's one of the perils of having to leave your car at the dealers. Often the car park is packed, it was probably done by another customer.

I also specifically ask for my car not to be washed, once saw a lad drop a sponge on the floor and just carried on using it.

Allan
Old 19 December 2005, 10:38 AM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanP
This happened to me once, I'm afraid it's one of the perils of having to leave your car at the dealers. Often the car park is packed, it was probably done by another customer.

I also specifically ask for my car not to be washed, once saw a lad drop a sponge on the floor and just carried on using it.

Allan
I know it's a p@sser but really... it's a fact of life.

My WRX is just under a year old and has matching dents on both rear doors where inconsiderate t@ssers have opened doors on her!

Paul
Old 19 December 2005, 10:43 AM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by impreza22b_WRC
Their you go back to normal ....

LOL, just saw that, scratching my head thinking that's not so bad then realised what you had done.
Old 19 December 2005, 10:46 AM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vipa
I know it's a p@sser but really... it's a fact of life.

My WRX is just under a year old and has matching dents on both rear doors where inconsiderate t@ssers have opened doors on her!

Paul
Haven't you learnt the golden rule of subaru parking yet? When reversing into said parking space line up the white line in the centre of the car therefore taking up 2 spaces. Very safe.
Old 19 December 2005, 10:53 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

I polished my car a week ago, spotted some paint bubbling along the bottom of the driver's door. Ever wished you hadn't polished your car???

Anyway popped it into the dealers yesterday and the manager was the only guy there, the one i bought the car off. He had a look at it, thought it was gonna be some well thats fair wear and tear comment, but he got the paperwork out there and then for a warranty claim, and a new door, left them on the service manager's desk and told me to come back any time in the week and they'd sort it.

Now it isn't often any more that you get service like that, (well i don't!!) so i was quite impressed.
Thats holdcroft Subaru in Newcastle under Lyme by the way, and its an 02 wrx, had it for 6 months or so now.
Old 19 December 2005, 01:01 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx1980
I polished my car a week ago, spotted some paint bubbling along the bottom of the driver's door. Ever wished you hadn't polished your car???

Anyway popped it into the dealers yesterday and the manager was the only guy there, the one i bought the car off. He had a look at it, thought it was gonna be some well thats fair wear and tear comment, but he got the paperwork out there and then for a warranty claim, and a new door, left them on the service manager's desk and told me to come back any time in the week and they'd sort it.

Now it isn't often any more that you get service like that, (well i don't!!) so i was quite impressed.
Thats holdcroft Subaru in Newcastle under Lyme by the way, and its an 02 wrx, had it for 6 months or so now.
Great result.

Out of interest, do you have a full compliment of body service stamps in the book ?

Allan
Old 19 December 2005, 01:19 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx1980

did my boot under warranty there, new lid no problems ,always get excellent service
Old 19 December 2005, 02:00 PM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Crazy chick
Haven't you learnt the golden rule of subaru parking yet? When reversing into said parking space line up the white line in the centre of the car therefore taking up 2 spaces. Very safe.
Hmmm yes.... a good practice in theory until some disgruntled shopper who can't find anywhere to park decides that you have been a complete w@nker for doing this and keys the side of the car for you!!!! this happened to a friend who always parked this way! (suffice to say he doesn't anymore) and to be honest when I see people parked that way (no matter what car they drive) the first word that springs to mind is..... TOSSER!

V
Old 19 December 2005, 03:26 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

anyone else stick a piece of paper with the odometer reading by the rev counter, when you take it in for a service etc?
Old 19 December 2005, 04:01 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Hmmm yes.... a good practice in theory until some disgruntled shopper who can't find anywhere to park decides that you have been a complete w@nker for doing this and keys the side of the car for you!!!! this happened to a friend who always parked this way! (suffice to say he doesn't anymore) and to be honest when I see people parked that way (no matter what car they drive) the first word that springs to mind is..... TOSSER!

V

Old 19 December 2005, 04:10 PM
sparky d
Scooby Regular

Location: irchester / northants , can also be found at babs.forumotion.com

V

Too true my friend everytime i cant park my motor because of some TW*T who decided they owned the whole world so there car would be safe i say the same thing ( What a fooking to$$er )

Best thing to do is just make sure your square in your own bay and hope to avoid any problems
Old 19 December 2005, 04:41 PM
John WRX
Scooby Regular

why you making a fookin song and dance about it on here. just take it back like any normal person would do.
Old 19 December 2005, 05:17 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John WRX
why you making a fookin song and dance about it on here. just take it back like any normal person would do.
Bit harsh...........

If everybody followed that theory, SN wouldn't have any threads at all.

Allan
Old 19 December 2005, 05:22 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

lol, it's true really... just want to get my frustration out in a different way and make people aware that this stuff can happen - if it bothers ya

Anyhow, dealer informed.... lets see what they'll do for me.
Old 19 December 2005, 07:59 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

These things happen, give the dealer a chance mate, it's happend to me twice now (not at same dealer), I just called them up and they sent the dent guy round to my house to fix it, no problem
Old 19 December 2005, 08:26 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

cheers Bryno,

don't mind the chip in the paint, it's just the dent that freaks me out, epecially when you know it's there, you always look for it

i'm sure they'll show through.
Old 19 December 2005, 09:09 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Suprising what those dent guys can get out, when I bought my WRX I found 8little 'parking dents' on it, man arrived with a few bits of bent wire and a hammer and got them all out with no marks whatsoever in an hour or so...
Old 19 December 2005, 09:18 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

It must be said that they do seem to dent easily, I drive the wife and kids mad looking for a safe parking place - they often have to get out into the undergroth so i only have to worry about one side getting dinged !!
Old 19 December 2005, 09:45 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sparky d
Too true my friend everytime i cant park my motor because of some TW*T who decided they owned the whole world so there car would be safe i say the same thing ( What a fooking to$$er )

Best thing to do is just make sure your square in your own bay and hope to avoid any problems
park in the parent and baby spaces they are extra wide to cater for useless women in 4x4s
i have 2 kids by the way