Sponsored by:

Motorpoint have come through

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2005, 04:06 PM
Krg WRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorpoint have come through

Just spoke to Motorpoint this morning,they confirm that they will honour the terms and conditions of the Subaru warranty and liase with Malta if any repairs are needed and will be confirming it in writing.
I asked about having the PPP fitted and he said that it would invalidate the warranty but he is going to ask Malta again if they would allow it.

Update.

Motorpoint has called back and said the he has just spoken to Malta and they said that that fitting PPP would invalidate the warranty.

But if I transfer the warranty to Motorpoints own warranty I could have it fitted,also I can service it at UK car intervals. He is going to send me all the details so I can decide which way to go.
Old 16 December 2005, 04:07 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

A bit of relief then, but I still rekon a motorpoint warranty may not be worth the paper its written on.
Old 16 December 2005, 04:23 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

well, i posted this yesterday, but for some reason a mod moved it into misc/dealer & 3rd party etc

seems that IM have now caved to pressure from What Car? etc and warranties will be honoured.

not sure where i leaves us, as i'd be more than happy with a transferred warranty where i could service on the UK schedule + fit PPP as they said to me yesterday. hoping the letter will arrive
Old 18 December 2005, 06:49 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Can someone explain exactly what is happening here?

On Friday I spoke to Motorpoint who explained that any Warranty claims I may have will be dealt with under my Manufacturers Cross Border Warranty, as normal and I would receive a letter explaining all.

Yesterday I receive a short letter from Motorpoint explaining that my Manufacturers warranty will be honoured but will be administered by an insurance company and not IM.

I can't see Subaru dealers wanting to get involved with this arrangement.

Next I read that due to the intervention of What Car, IM have caved in and capitulated and now all warranty work will be processed by IM.

Does that mean the insurance company is now surplus to requirements?

Obviously this is all good news , but I still don't know whether to register my car with IM or not.
Old 18 December 2005, 07:02 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

i will be taking this one + having my car serviced every 10-12k miles + having PPP fitted next june (reinsurance time)

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?i...yedited4rf.jpg
Old 18 December 2005, 08:32 PM
Misterskelly
Scooby Newbie

Default What Car article

There is a news item on What Car's website now. See link below:

http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=217948

I bought an import from Hilton Garage in mid November but haven't received any of the warranty paperwork yet. How long have other people had to wait. I guess this whole issue has probably delyed things quite a bit.
Old 18 December 2005, 09:55 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

My car came from Malta and it took about six weeks to receive the warranty guide & service booklet and paperwork.

So, if you havent got them after six weeks I should start chasing.

Donnie, from what I can work out, we still have the same warranty, so why can you add PPP without invalidating your warranty?

If it's just on the say so of Motorpoint, I would be careful.

Still, lets hoping we never need a warranty eh.

Trending Topics

Old 18 December 2005, 10:15 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

this is the separate (non subaru Malta) warranty.

i get to use UK service intervals + PPP it.

I intend to keep it 3-5 years, so resale values of a non-subaru warranty are notreally relevant to me. PPP and less frequent servicing are though, especially as most of my miles are motorway ones

obviously noone wants to need it.

i will phone that number tomorrow to get some details about the warranty t&c's anyway
Old 18 December 2005, 11:51 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Sorry m8, I may be being a bit dim here but your letter is almost the same as mine.

i.e. Motorpoint are saying that they are honouring our Subaru Pan European Warranty as underwritten by Liaco.

It doesn't mention any other warranty, only that it is administered by Insure Online. Whoever they are.

Surely only Liaco or Subaru MT can authorise modifications, not Motorpoint.
Old 19 December 2005, 10:43 PM
Krg WRX
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by gubby
Sorry m8, I may be being a bit dim here but your letter is almost the same as mine.

i.e. Motorpoint are saying that they are honouring our Subaru Pan European Warranty as underwritten by Liaco.

It doesn't mention any other warranty, only that it is administered by Insure Online. Whoever they are.

Surely only Liaco or Subaru MT can authorise modifications, not Motorpoint.
Motorpoint are offering the option of either keeping the subaru warranty which if you have PPP fitted would invalidate it or transfering to their Total Protection Package warranty which will allow PPP to be fitted.

I have received the booklet from them today so I will be having a good read read of it and then decide which way to go.