Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2005, 06:13 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will i be dissapointed ???

I currently have a 1994 Scoob
http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=y2oi4...482&quality=70
This has had virtually everything done, Coilover suspension, braces all round, Roll Bars, Polyeurethane Bushes, Adjustable Arms,Bigger brakes, Fmic, 550 injectors, Fuel pump, zx300 Maf ,Induction Kit Apexi Ecu, AndyF Maps, Interior Bits, External bits, Morettes, Lips, Spalsh gaurds & is currently running 330 Bhp & 311 Ft/Lb & goes really well & handles to die for !!
Now am i going to be dissapointed changing to a Jap Sti7 2001 with very few Mods, Just an exhaust, suspension & morettes really, I.e the thrill of the drive, Performance grin factor Etc

Thanks
Dean
Old 01 December 2005, 06:21 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I went from a v5 type-r to an 02 plate STi and felt it wasn't for me..
to smooth, power delivery not as hard as the classic - and felt a bit high (especially when used to lower cars) also a lot more changing of gears i thought for local driving.. (6 speed..)
anyway sold it today and am gonna get meself another type-r as soon as..

You wanna test drive one first until you make your mind up though.. you may end up lovin it...

Raf.
Old 01 December 2005, 10:35 PM
scooby222
Scooby Regular

ive just gone from a my00 uk turbo to an 05 sti ppp and the difference is huge, the sti is much quicker, its grip levels are just astounding and i think youd struggle to find a more capable point to point standard car. however i find it a little bit laggy low down and just too capable,i miss the rawness and connectivity of the classics. at the end of the day it depends what your looking for,for me ive got a great going and handling car that i love now but i just dont grin half as much. seriously thinking about getting an audi diesel and a p1 or classic sti
Old 02 December 2005, 10:41 AM
Isoproturon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DeanF
I currently have a 1994 Scoob
http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=y2oi4...482&quality=70
This has had virtually everything done, Coilover suspension, braces all round, Roll Bars, Polyeurethane Bushes, Adjustable Arms,Bigger brakes, Fmic, 550 injectors, Fuel pump, zx300 Maf ,Induction Kit Apexi Ecu, AndyF Maps, Interior Bits, External bits, Morettes, Lips, Spalsh gaurds & is currently running 330 Bhp & 311 Ft/Lb & goes really well & handles to die for !!
Now am i going to be dissapointed changing to a Jap Sti7 2001 with very few Mods, Just an exhaust, suspension & morettes really, I.e the thrill of the drive, Performance grin factor Etc

Thanks
Dean

Just out of interest, what size wheels are on the classic ?
Old 02 December 2005, 11:25 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Isoproturon
Just out of interest, what size wheels are on the classic ?
17" with Bridgestone potenza REO50's 205x45x17

Dean
Old 02 December 2005, 01:32 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

went from 97 UK turbo with mods (320bhp) to STI8 (with TSL 333)

Initially I was really disappointed with the exception of the more compliant ride and refined cabin (no squeaks etc) but have steadily grown to really like it especially an back roads. Certainly doesn't feel to have the same straight line speed, although in reality its quicker-perhaps I liked the raw edge of the Classic?

Just ordered some suspension bits to take care of a few issues with the ride but like Raf says drive one before you make a decision.