Notices

Forgive Me - I am weak

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 1999, 02:21 PM
JasonJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am totally confused and need some clarification on a number of things.

My dealer tells me one thing and yet I read another here. As I'm having sooooooo much done to the car the demo model wont look anything like mine or, according to the dealer, wont be as quick.

I'm soon to take delivery of a Turbo 2000 and want to know how to make it faster than it is as standard. How fast is this by the way ? I understand that it depends on who drives the car and the conditions, but there should be some quotable figures. My dealer tells me, with the Prodrive conversion the 0-60 figures come down to 4.8. Is this correct ? I want the car as fast as possible as I dont want to wait this long to be dissapointed with it. I've had quick cars in the past - Chimaera, Supra 3.0ltr Twin, M3 Evo and Audi S2 but the problem is I'm not driving them now. I'm driving a Mondeo (Mundano) which is no comparison.

I also want to retain the warranty. Is my only option the Prodrive Perfomance Enhancement Package ? Does this REALLY REALLY make a difference ?

After spending far too long gazing at the WRC with 18" wheels I can help but like them an awful lot and wonder just how nice mine will look with them. I DONT want it to look crap after again waiting soo long. The dealer violently deflects me away from this mod saying "You WILL regret it".

As you've guessed my main concern is that I'm not dissapointed with the car. I can just about remember the smile that came across my face as I listened to the dealer and slammed the accelerator back to the floor and steered my way through a serious shicane.

I hear about scoobysport boxes and all sorts and just need some guidance.

Help I need somebody, help......
Old 07 April 1999, 03:03 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to retain the warranty Prodrive is the only answer with regards Engine modification. Any other mod will invalidate the warranty supplied by Subaru UK.

With regards the Prodrive kit, we have no real idea what it is like this year, I beleive Paul Gallagher has driven it, so it may be worth looking him up on here to get a view, althoguh i believe he has ordered one for his new car on the strength of this test drive.

Figures for the Turbo given by SUK are 6.4 (i think) to 60 and 144MPH although most mags get 5.2 to 60 under differing conditions.

18 inch wheels can be very alarming apparently, I havent been in a car with them or know anybody with them fitted, but the handling can be badly affected, as the wheels weigh so much more, increasing the unsprung weight. Pete C or soem of the other guys will be able to explain the exact reasos behind this though.

Forgot to add the Scoobysport exhaust and a ramair do not affect warranty apparently as a couple of people have reported after conversations with IM. The ramair was supplied by Subaru dealers, i am not sure if it still is as the company keeps going broke, i beleive they may have switched to Pipercross, It would be best to speak to your dealer with reagrds these though

Hope this is of some help

[This message has been edited by Ian Cook (edited 07-04-99).]