Sponsored by:

Newby

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2005, 01:34 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Newby

Hi everyone, new to this forum and thought it only appropriate to introduce myself.

The site / forum looks great very informative but more importantly now very relevant. Am now the proud owner of a 53 plate WRX STI Type uk PPP with TSL triple 3 conversion. Hope thats right anyway, you'll have to excuse me if I have made a complete dogs b*******k of exactly what it is - anyway its blue with gold wheels and goes like nothing I have ever driven.

The wife took some persuading as she loved her last car an 03 Astra GSI turbo which in fairness was a nice car and fairly rapid but not even in the same league, correction no where near the same league. I can honestly say that I have not stopped smiling since the day we picked it up, the only down side is that her indooors uses it back and forth from work so weekends are when I grin like a cheshire cat!!!!

Am now converted to the scooby side and will not return to the darkside of humdrum so called hot hatches. At the moment I am perfectly happy with the car as is I only wish the same could be said for my neighbours - one or two have politely commented on the exhaust note which is a subtle hint they think it is a bit loud, they want to hear it when its exercising its lungs it sounds like satans automotive twin!!

The only down side so far is fuel, which I expected - hopefully the need to drive when and wherever possible in it will soon wear off although I seriously doubt it.

Look forward to catching up with some of you in the near future.

Gingerboy
Old 10 October 2005, 01:46 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 10 October 2005, 01:49 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

here here, welcome to the mad house!

you been waved at yet?

Ads
Old 10 October 2005, 02:04 PM
Focusbird
Scooby Regular

Welcome
Old 10 October 2005, 02:20 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Welcome, sound like you are pleased with your motor then
Old 10 October 2005, 03:00 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the welcomes.

Pleaseeeeeed with the motor defo!!!

Waved at yes - my wife thinks its hilarious, as I explained to her she is now part of a very exclusive club! Have I waved back? of course, it would be rude not to. Did I find it very strange at first - oh yes.

Getting so much attention from admirers of the car is nice but reading some of the threads on here about car jacking is scary stuff - their really are some scum bags about. Fingers crossed we won't get any of the wrong sort of admirers. Their should be a new punishment for the barstools that nick / vandalise cars or any property for that matter - a locked room where the "defendant" faces those he / she has upset, all of which would be armed with baseball bats!

Once again thanks for the welcomes

GB
Old 10 October 2005, 03:26 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by gingerboy
Thanks for the welcomes.

Pleaseeeeeed with the motor defo!!!

Waved at yes - my wife thinks its hilarious, as I explained to her she is now part of a very exclusive club! Have I waved back? of course, it would be rude not to. Did I find it very strange at first - oh yes.

Getting so much attention from admirers of the car is nice but reading some of the threads on here about car jacking is scary stuff - their really are some scum bags about. Fingers crossed we won't get any of the wrong sort of admirers. Their should be a new punishment for the barstools that nick / vandalise cars or any property for that matter - a locked room where the "defendant" faces those he / she has upset, all of which would be armed with baseball bats!

Once again thanks for the welcomes

GB
Welcome aboard!

Don't worry about car jacking etc... They are very rare events. Just take reasonable precautions like using the autolock feature of the std alarm, be alert for people behaving suspiciously around the car and get on with enjoying it. If you don't want to go broke, don't even thinking about modifying the car!!

Trending Topics

Old 10 October 2005, 03:29 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the club mate. Have fun....