ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SIDC membership

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2000, 10:18 AM
phill chinn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the attention of any SIDC committee members

Around the end of July, beginning of august, I printed off the SIDC membership form, I filled it in but decided to wait until September to send it of.
I sent it to the address on the form, which I now believe to be incorrect, I've yet to receive my membership, and the cheque remains uncashed.
Could someone please confirm that the address has changed, and is it likely that it will be forwarded on to the correct address ????

thank you

phill
Old 21 September 2000, 11:07 AM
H
Scooby Regular

I once emailed for information - never got a reply....
Old 21 September 2000, 11:08 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

I printed and sent the form in the first week in September, along with cheque.

Still to receive a reply.

Not complaining (I'll be patient ) but I would be interested to know if I've sent it to the wrong address!

Would the relevant commitee member please check if my application has been received?

Thanks very much...

Rich

(Richard Small)

[This message has been edited by RichS (edited 21 September 2000).]
Old 21 September 2000, 11:16 AM
phill chinn
Scooby Regular

The reason I posted this on here is, I e-mailed yesterday, and I to am yet to receive a reply ???, I’m not pissed off yet, just eager to join as I waited until September to apply ??
Old 21 September 2000, 07:04 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

sent mine in also, end of august, still
nothing! they have took the money though!
probably experiencing admin. problems since
dick grimes & wife left.
Old 21 September 2000, 07:55 PM
JohnS

Arrow

I've heard back from the new admin team recently (chasing up a few new Scottish memberships). They had just about caught up with everything and had all the new memberships processed and ready to post. They were waiting for £700 of stamps to be delivered, and then embarking on a mammoth stamp sticking session, before swamping the local post office.

I've been told that everything should be going out in the post during the next couple of days, so new members should start receiving their packs at the beginning of next week.
Old 21 September 2000, 08:33 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi all

The address for club membership/renewals is 8 Brayers Mews, Rochford Essex. You can now call/fax us on 01702 531180.

Post sent to the old address IS forwarded on.

1. Phill.
Any post which goes to the old address Dick is kindly forwarding on. He does batch them up and havent had any for a week or so, but if you sent it early Sept I would have thought he/we would have received it by now.
Eagerness accepted You can either wait a bit longer to see if it turns up or print off the form on the website and send it again to us at the new address. If we receive double we will advise and destroy one.

H. Who/when did you email ? Lisa and I answer all emails within a day unless they are queries where we need to find information out. It is possible other committee members may take slightly longer as they are not constantly on the 'net

RichS. you are member no 1358 see below re the packs.

CRAFT. What's your real name ? Lisa/I have not yet cashed any cheques so if yours has been cashed but no pack that was down to the old admin. Mail lisa@sidc.co.uk with your name and we'll see if we can find either your entry on the database or an entry on a cheque stub with your name on it.

The postage arrived this morning and I spent the whole morning attaching stamps to membership packs ! A PO Van is coming tomorrow to pick them up (the pile comes to my chest height!!!)

Today Lisa and I have done nothing else but process renewals and new members. Thats about 16 man-hours today, unfortunately we started off with a huge backlog, the database had to be redone as the original had major design flaws and we've been inundated with numerous enquiries regarding trax/brands.

All I can say is that we are doing our best and putting the hours in...with about 300 new members on top of 1300 renewals the postman is now on first name terms

Renewals will realistically not be sent out for another week. Our families are coming round to help make up the packs !!

Once we are over the renewals (busiest time of the year, worst time to take it over) all new members/renewals will be processed same day, but maybe batched weekly for printing/posting.

Please bear with us..getting there..and I haven't been on 22b chat for weeks now honest !

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 21 September 2000).]
Old 21 September 2000, 08:38 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Lee/Lisa.

Great work and I think a BIG thankyou is needed from everyone for their great help!

Its a lot of "own time" required and we all know what it is like to find a spare 10 miuntes each day! Not only that but Lee and his missus always reply to your e-mails. Which don't happen everywhere these days

RonnieH
(Awaiting new members pack-but kept up to date none the less )
Old 21 September 2000, 08:53 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

SIDC franking machine sounds in order.

Greg
Old 21 September 2000, 09:24 PM
Col
Scooby Regular

Talking

I sent for my membership at the beginning of August and got my welcome pack after 5 days!
not bad considering where I live.
Old 21 September 2000, 09:34 PM
dumpsonscoobs
Scooby Regular

And I thought you were just having problems working out what subaru goes by the name sapphire with 2wd!
Martin
Old 22 September 2000, 09:08 AM
phill chinn
Scooby Regular

I would just like to thank Lisa and graham for their e-mails and the response on this BBS, my new application and cheque is in the post, just in case you don’t recive my first one.
Old 22 September 2000, 10:50 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Lee & Lisa

Excellent work! Thanks for replying and thanks very much for all of your efforts....

Regards

Rich
Old 23 September 2000, 09:23 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Phill

you are member no 1515

expect your pack in a few days.

Lee/Lisa.