Sponsored by:

Finally did it!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2005, 06:30 PM
David26
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally did it!!

Picking up my first scoob on sept 5th. I'm trading in my 225 TT for an 03 plate sti with ppp in wr blue. Went for a test drive in it yesterday and was instantly hooked! The noise alone was enough to make me want it!
The only thing i'm worried about is when you look at it from certain angles in the sunlight it has lots of fine scratches on the paintwork. Looks like a bad cleaning job, will a good wash and wax get rid of these marks?

Anyway can't wait to pick it up and take it for a good run, so if you see a blue sti being driven around the Luton, beds area by someone with a big cheesy grin that'll be me!

David.
Old 29 August 2005, 06:36 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Great move car wise mate. I would have thought a decent polish would do the trick with regards to those fine scratches. The Meguairs 3-stage (paint cleaner - polish - wax) system works fine for me but there are plenty of alternatives with Swisserol doing a line of polish's with varying degrees of abrasiveness.
Old 29 August 2005, 06:40 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Congratulations.

Now when you go back to the dealers, make sure they do a full valet, polish and wax before you take delivery. If you're spending that amount of money on a car, you want it right
Old 29 August 2005, 06:43 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Nice one David Keep your eyes peeled in the Southern Section for the meets, We get together about once a month with the Herts/Bucks crew
Cheers
Colin
Old 29 August 2005, 09:21 PM
David26
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys! I will be keeping an eyeout for local meets and events. Do you guys have a scooby owners club or anything?

With regards to the fine scratches every car at the dealership seemed to have them. Must be the monkey who does the valeting for them! Can't wait to get it home and give it a proper clean. Would like to hear some more suggestions for the best and easiest products to use if anyone else has any.

Thanks for the info!

David.
Old 29 August 2005, 09:43 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

You wont regret it mate! I went from Impreza to a Audi TT 225, but the Audi felt really slow after owning a scoob and didnt seem like there was much power there, but my love for impreza's got the better of me and 2 months of audi ownership ended when I bought another Impreza.
Old 29 August 2005, 10:29 PM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David26
Cheers guys! I will be keeping an eyeout for local meets and events. Do you guys have a scooby owners club or anything?

With regards to the fine scratches every car at the dealership seemed to have them. Must be the monkey who does the valeting for them! Can't wait to get it home and give it a proper clean. Would like to hear some more suggestions for the best and easiest products to use if anyone else has any.

Thanks for the info!

David.
hi david

we (me and the better 1/2) took a 225 tt out for a test spin as we both think they are eye candy

and loved the car. we then took out a standard wrx for comparison only. a 10 min ride and we were hooked. had a better trade-in on the old motor and the car we were buying (MY05 wrx300) was 7 grand less. no competition really. the acceleration is stunning and there is no comparison in terms of bangs per buck. but i do love the looks of the tt -life is full of conflict!!!

andy
Old 30 August 2005, 10:24 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

David.
www.sidc.co.uk
Old 30 August 2005, 10:28 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

NIce one.
Fine scratches/swirls you have, then try Meguiars scratch X with get rid of them, then polish/wax off with a good quality polish/wax. I use mgguiars gold glass clear coad liquid wax. does the job fine.

Darren

Picking up my first scoob on sept 5th. I'm trading in my 225 TT for an 03 plate sti with ppp in wr blue. Went for a test drive in it yesterday and was instantly hooked! The noise alone was enough to make me want it!
The only thing i'm worried about is when you look at it from certain angles in the sunlight it has lots of fine scratches on the paintwork. Looks like a bad cleaning job, will a good wash and wax get rid of these marks?

Anyway can't wait to pick it up and take it for a good run, so if you see a blue sti being driven around the Luton, beds area by someone with a big cheesy grin that'll be me!

David.
Old 30 August 2005, 11:33 AM
MarkV
Scooby Regular

Default cleaning

Thanks for the info!

David.
see my post "old news" in general - gives info on good supplier and you can also read in detail about the products
Mark