Just had a leaflet through the door from local Honda dealer in Essex

HONDA INTEGRAR "X-REG" 16,595 OTR

with full tank of petrol !!

When will Subaru cut prices ????

Old 15 September 2000, 11:22 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as they don't need to (supply less than demand) they probably won't....

With the new MY01 demand being quite high they'll probably hold out for a bit longer until the number of grey imports starts hurting their sales (if ever).

All IMHO of course....
Old 15 September 2000, 01:24 PM
M@TT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Looks like it'll be an integra then as I have talked to my local Subaru dealer about the last of the current shape and they don't seem to want to cut more than £500 off.

Shame - and before someone says get one from Holand for £15000 I don't want to, I don't want a dutch log book, I want a UK car at a fair price.

OOops off the soap box Any opinions on the Integra R as I'm gonna have a test drive when they've got some petrol !
Old 15 September 2000, 01:37 PM
JT
Scooby Newbie

Integra...very nice but NO scooby, altogether different proposition, I think you'll enjoy the test-drive but ask youself if you can live with the need to keep the engine that much on the boil for fun.

I found the accord type R just too noisy for long journeys.
Old 15 September 2000, 01:45 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

See if you can convince your Honda dealer to give you a weekend-long test drive so that you can see what it is like to live with the car.

I have heard that the Integra type R is great fun but that it can be annoying to have to keep revving the engine high in order to get the performance.

Also not as practical as the Scooby, but then you may not care about that.

You may find that some of the dealers are getting decent UK Scoobies as part exchange on their new MY01s so keep your eyes open and you might just get a bargain.
Old 15 September 2000, 10:29 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Well my 'Dutch log book' arrived yesterday with a gleaming new X reg Impreza Turbo attached to it. I canvassed my local dealer for six months to find me an R reg car but despite my constant efforts and theirs as well, they couldn't find me one. I will undoubtedly use their services over the next few years. They will make more more money from servicing my car over that time than the meagre profit of selling me a vehicle.
The fact that I saved over £6000 helps too
Old 15 September 2000, 10:37 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

With respect to lots of revving, I am interested in whether this is really a problem?

For example my bike redlines at 14000rpm. When you're just bumbling along it's doing between, say, 4000 to 6000 rpm, which is serious redline action for most cars, but on the bike feels like the engine's barely turning over.

So is it really an issue or an adjustment thing.

I ask cos I quite fancy the convertible thing, and the engine on that is a revver too.

Cheers

Simon
Old 15 September 2000, 11:20 PM
Jonesy
Scooby Regular

I test drove the Accord Type R before getting my current Scooby. Although it was only a test drive, for me, having to hit 5.5K revs before the VTEC came into play was okay if you're in the mood, otherwise too tiresome for every day running. I don't know, but I would imagine the noise levels on a bike are pretty much unaffected by the revs you're running. As for running at high revs, it's what the VTEC engine thrives on.
As AWD says, try and get the car for the weekend to get a good feel for how easy it is to live with.

Cheers
Neil
Old 16 September 2000, 09:48 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have made the switch from an MY97 scoob to an accord type r. (theft of scoob forced me into getting an alternative car).

I have found the accord (owned for about 2 months) to have excellent build quality. lovely recaros. great handling, good looks in and out. nowhere near as much midrange grunt as a scoob, but hit the vtec 5800rpm all the way to 8000 pulls like a triain, quick shift and straight back into the VTEC range blliiissss (sh*te fuel consumption!). motorway noise is fine (although integras apparently have more engine noise - didn't drive one as it only has 2 doors ) The only other problem is pulling in the garage far enough to prevent the door boshing the rear wing

smiling all the way to the petrol station.
Old 17 September 2000, 09:13 AM
moz.g
Scooby Regular

M@TT before I went on me hols a couple of weeks ago Intermoto (Liverpools Subaru dealer) sent me a flyer with £1000(may have been £1500) off new turbos, just thought you might like to know.

Graham